Note to New Members ×

Let's make Stowe carvers only!

Jack M

Can we do what the Green Bay packers did.. the owner of the seats own the team.. or something like that..

based on bomber members how much would we have to do...

Seriously how much would it take for initial investment to get 51 percent and then get other investors..

could this really be done.. I got a couple of grand laying around...:smashfrea

Any invenstment guys around???

would love to see if this could be possible..if someone really wanted to do it..

I would quit my job to do it....wait.. we need money..

RSS

The problem in financing a ski area is the cost of insurance. That's why Stowe was so efficient financially, being owned by an insurance company. Given the current state of financing, you'd have to have revenues in the neighborhood of $10.2mm just to cover the debt service, in addition to operating expenses and insurance.

The good thing is that the government may want to blow this out at any price - what is an $85 million dollar asset on a $120 billion dollar balance sheet? It's a rounding error. you could probably bid half the asking price and get hit.

Maybe I'll try to line this up...

sold back in the mid 90's for just 4 mil when Vail Resorts had to sell it off as part of the approval to buy Breck and Keystone.That's like 200 people with 20 grand each.It could happen.I've always thought a 'club' mountain operated by it's members would be cool.A co-op on private land with member paid dues to keep it going.

sold back in the mid 90's for just 4 mil when Vail Resorts had to sell it off as part of the approval to buy Breck and Keystone.That's like 200 people with 20 grand each.It could happen.I've always thought a 'club' mountain operated by it's members would be cool.A co-op on private land with member paid dues to keep it going.

Lots of the east coast Canadain area are run as such.

Allmost all of the blue ridge resorts in Bruce Vaseras area are "clubs"

Lots of the east coast Canadain area are run as such.

Allmost all of the blue ridge resorts in Bruce Vaseras area are "clubs"

Same in New Zealand, some of the best "Ski Fields" are "Club" ski areas. :1luvu:

Example= "Craigieburn" ? :biggthump

Can you say "Nut-cracker" :eek:

Anyone have a spare tractor ? :freak3:

When my hair was long and my legs were cold :) ;)

post-198-141842282095_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842282098_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842282101_thumb.jpg

Just curious -- would a private mountain have good snow? Here's what I mean: someone was telling me about the private mountains in Idaho or Montana that sounded great (lots of fresh and hardly any people) -- but in fact the snow wasn't getting "worked" enough by people to be well groomed. In other words, you need to have lots of riders to work the snow, which only then can be well groomed to make the great runs we like. Any truth to this?

• 4 weeks later...
I'd rather hold out for the yellowstone club which filed for chapter 11 financial proctection today, better apre-ski

is that the one that Greg Lemond is a member of??????? They had awesome grooming mountain wide from the looks of it

is that the one that Greg Lemond is a member of??????? They had awesome grooming mountain wide from the looks of it

That's the place, warren has a chalet(mansion) there also

great apre ski because of the choice of 300 or so 10,000+ sq foot chalets

<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by ursle viewpost.gif

I'd rather hold out for the yellowstone club which filed for chapter 11 financial proctection today, better apre-ski

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Here is an in depth look at the Yellowstone Club situation. Surreal...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/14/business/14yellow.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by ursle viewpost.gif

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Here is an in depth look at the Yellowstone Club situation. Surreal...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/14/business/14yellow.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

Thanks for the link....amazing the power of ideas. Imagine...yeah, let's have a fancy place that the super rich can come, hang out, and be a bit more "normal". Let's create this great place.....and then it happens. Then let's throw it all away. The article said he'd made a fortune before, lost it all, made it again, now lost it all. Probably will make it again. Classic for the manic genius.

BTW...I'm from Rockford, we should hook up and ride sometime......