Note to New Members ×

(Edit: Schtubby name complaint retracted)

Jack M

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else as tired of this as me?

I don't think it's befitting. It sounds like an anatomical problem. Besides, Shred's "original" Schtubby (161cm, 14.7m) was waaaay more "stubby" than the X2 board we are generically referring to as "the schtubby" now (171cm, 13.2m). Two very different boards.

Bruce? Shred?

simply call it the X2? or the NSRC (new school race carve)? something else?

Sorry but I just built a Chubby!

I'm afraid the name is here to stay as it will be one of the 5 and soon to be 6 lines of boards I will make. No I won't let you know what # 6 is yet.

Jack, just order a few more boards so you can mix it up a bit and not get bored.

I just say they be called Stubbies as it is less to type in.

BV

didn't he make kick-ass ski films in the 80s and 90s?

Funny, the only one of his films I've ever really seen is "One Track Mind", Burton's first (I think) promotional flick. Really simple, really effective, almost "sweet", and so un-like anything Burton would do today... sadly.

But think of the possibilities here - last I heard of Stumpy was an article in Powder last year. Said he was coming out with a magnum opus that would debut at Sundance.

Just think! Stump's next filmic extravaganza, featuring the titanal Uber Board, with testimonials by the Pope surrounded by Playboy Bunnies in a hot tub. (And, yes that's vintage Stump!)

Maybe rename the board the wHolySymmetrical!

c'mon, Jack. You've got a way with words! Jump on this!!

With the right promo, this board could surpass the Burton Custom as the most-sold plank in history!!

OK, so Bruce would have to offshore production to Burma. So what?! You guys could be rich!! Rich, I tell you!!!

(And Mr. Varsava, I admire your boards and your business model more than I can tell you. I hope this doesn't mean you won't build one for me in the not-too-distant future...)

fin

BB

Self concious about something Jack?:eplus2::ices_ange

Ha the ironic thing is that Jack's wife sells the performance enhancing drug that so many old men need.

What Jack will not tell you is that he is a user of this drug and has been for quit a few years.....consoling2.gif

So I can see why the poor guy is sick of hearing all this talk about Schtubby's. I mean I would be to if I couldn't get a Schtubby:eplus2:

:lurk::lurk::lurk:

Shred Gruumer and the Schtubettes!!

Schtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubby

Chris.. Shhhhhhhhhsshhhhhh!!! you know..:rolleyes:

Soon...very soon!!! X6......The "????? shhhh secret.....:ices_ange

Schtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubbySchtubby, schtubby:1luvu:

Oh yea.. just for you Jackie... ! haha.. http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4462

I'm afraid the name is here to stay as it will be one of the 5 and soon to be 6 lines of boards I will make. BV

Bruce - can you give us a run-down of the names and a brief description of your current board line up. Your website is not exactly up to date... :eek: I'm getting ready to order a board, but i dont' know what's what. :confused:

Personally I could care less what they are called - Schtubby, Stuby, Chubby, X3, whatever, just so long as they have {a name} that everyone knows what is beign talked about. mpp

Bruce - can you give us a run-down of the names and a brief description of your current board line up. Your website is not exactly up to date... :eek: I'm getting ready to order a board, but i dont' know what's what. :confused:

Personally I could care less what they are called - Schtubby, Stuby, Chubby, X3, whatever, just so long as they have {a name} that everyone knows what is beign talked about. mpp

+1 on the new website, or at least a document with boards, specs, and prices. I'm a web developer so if you need to contract someone..I'm just saying :) I'm thinking about ordering something for next season if the funds are there. And I think I'll call it "the Stewie" - bent on world domination. :biggthump

+1 on the new website, or at least a document with boards, specs, and prices. I'm a web developer so if you need to contract someone..I'm just saying :) I'm thinking about ordering something for next season if the funds are there. And I think I'll call it "the Stewie" - bent on world domination. :biggthump

Contract someone? Offer it for free as a service to the hardbooting community!:biggthump

If you had to charge him, Coiler snowboards would have to cost a lot more.

The website will be updated in the not too distant future. No worries as I may well be able to do it myself. Lets just say if you have a 20 yr old computer, you should still be good to browse it:)

Cutting the excess to save you dough:biggthump

Line for 2010

All Mountain: 172, 176 x 12m x 21.5 Waist changes usually no charge

Stubbies: 171 , 173 x 20 or 21. Either with 13.2 or 14.2m

Monsters: 182, 185x 14/15m , 188 x15/16m. 20, 21.5 or 23 in all lengths.

Classic: almost any of the glass designs up to 180 cm tweaked for metal.

New School race ( NSR) 182 and 185 x 20 x 13.7/17m

Possibilities are pretty unlimited at a very reasonable charge.

Testing the newer stuff this spring.

BV

:biggthump for the funky names! Rebecca owns a Coiler 163 Flipper and is testing a 152 Lunch Tray. I have a Coiler 174 "What ever it is" that was built in November and we are already working toward the next version.

Working with Bruce is not just picking a board off a website. His stuff is evolving so fast. The final product really reflects all the effort and thought that he puts into each individual customer. That is a wonderful thing. Forget about the website, just email him!

Just tell him what you want the board to do and he will help you decide what is best and then build it for you. :biggthump