Note to New Members ×

(Edit: Schtubby name complaint retracted)

Jack M

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know. It makes no sense. But there's more to the board than just sidecut, and for whatever reason I liked the Madd on ice better than the X4.

I will wholeheartedly agree that there is more to a board than sidecut. My experiences with a Monster 182 - 20 wide, 14 to 15 sidecut - are more than enough evidence. It's probably about as soft a board as I should ever ride, I can turn it like an 11m scr in firm groomed with relatively little effort and ride it like a freeride board in chopped-up windpack and pow. And it is still stable as all get out at decent speeds and has all the benefits of a 14ish sidceut on steeper runs.

My sense from talking to Bruce at OES is that the X4 is but the first step towards something that is going to make Madd 158 lovers very happy - and those of us who find the Madd 158 effective but a workout, even happier. Sounds like you've arranged with him to ride a proto this spring that is the next step - sweet!

My sense from talking to Bruce at OES is that the X4 is but the first step towards something that is going to make Madd 158 lovers very happy - and those of us who find the Madd 158 effective but a workout, even happier. Sounds like you've arranged with him to ride a proto this spring that is the next step - sweet!

Yeah, that's what we're working on.

YEA..! the X4 got a work out today in Stratton conditon.. which were less than favarable.. hard morning to mash potatoes in the noon... ACE rode it like it was no tommorow! I haven't seen a trasition from a board to the X4 like anything else.. he was just frikec rippin that board...

I hope he chimes in.. cause coming from me won't hold water.. but wacthing ACE ride it was fun as schnitt!! For me.. I would get another no queation!!! its a bad ass fun board with all kinds of fun and pop... not a glass pop .. but a smooth pop....

Crazy Brasss balllls riding did he do.. and it was fun to watch what that boar did.....

ITs a winning in my circle.. but thats just me and a few riders >..I plan on ordering another.. its just that much fun!!!

Im glad we got a chance to make it...and now i know it works for more than one person tells me we are on to something very good!!

Boy... if I said it was better than the Schtubby.. then crap... I would be in serious trouble... but...................

Rss

So, Stratton got the better of me earlier this season.

I eneded up with an AC shoulder seperation.

I got back at Stratton this past sunday.

I showed Startton what was up yesterday with the X4 in hand.

Got there bright and early.

Shred explained the conditions, a little hard in the morning, slowly softening and then scraped off mash potatoes.

It took me a run or two to remember how to ride this board.

Once I found the secret again I was on fire.

Easily, without question, some of the best carving that I have done on a single board, period.

It just does it all, and handles it all.

It is in a league of its own when you compare it to the other Schtubby X-Series boards.

The nose shape/decamber, pefect pop, super edge hold, muti-sidecut, 20* sidewall, and topsheet graphics are what make this board so sweet.

I think this should be a special edition board that Bruce should produce.

You guys hit the nail on the head with board. If you ride east coast conditions, seek out the X4.

A SchLong huh, nice...

Thats wierd, I went to quote from an earlier post in this tread that I made and its now gone, huh.

I hope this like works ??

Disclaimer: This board is not for everyone... not everyone would like it or like the way you have to ride it and it just may not work at all for ya.....

I love it... Ace lovesssss it and a few others tried it as well.. some didn't like the feel or what it was doing.. As with all board not all are for everyone's liking.. Its all on what you do to it..

You would have to ride it to really know.. Thats Why you can rent it from ACE's Hardware..;)

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23938

Enjoy..

RSS