Note to New Members ×

(Edit: Schtubby name complaint retracted)

Jack M

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok ok! I stand corrected.

Ha the ironic thing is that Jack's wife sells the performance enhancing drug that so many old men need.

What Jack will not tell you is that he is a user of this drug and has been for quit a few years

10 inches. It's like a baguette.

The X4 with a roundish stubby nose and tail at say 165cm or so would make an awesome small mountain board for the dinky urban east coast hills

I'm having a 160 built... stay tuned... proto to be tested before end of season... :eplus2:

Your website is not exactly up to date... :eek: I'm getting ready to order a board, but i dont' know what's what. :confused

As Buell said, drop Bruce an e-mail or give him a call. His designs are constantly evolving - it would be impossible for a one-man-show to keep a website up to date and still crank out the boards.

I'm having a 160 built... stay tuned... proto to be tested before end of season... :eplus2:

great.....just what I need more temptation....of course if it doesn't work for you I might just be able to......no my wife would still castrate me.

seriously though I ride my little hill on my RC175....the sidecut is OK though the running length and swing can be a bit long it works well. The bulk of my riding is likely to stay on little hills and a board designed for that seems smart to me. I was looking at the 169AMex before metal but after seeing and reading about the X3 and X4 a more "normal" shaped blend of those boards like a baby stubby looks like the board that would fit my needs much better than the Mspec would meet my desires....how to convince the wife??????

seriously though I ride my little hill on my RC175....the sidecut is OK though the running length and swing can be a bit long it works well. The bulk of my riding is likely to stay on little hills and a board designed for that seems smart to me. I was looking at the 169AMex before metal but after seeing and reading about the X3 and X4 a more "normal" shaped blend of those boards like a baby stubby looks like the board that would fit my needs much better than the Mspec would meet my desires....how to convince the wife??????

There were some "turn-schtubbies" built, and those might be a good choice for what you want. For my own east-coast small hill riding, I was thinking of something similar.

There were some "turn-schtubbies" built, and those might be a good choice for what you want. For my own east-coast small hill riding, I was thinking of something similar.

mine is 170 with a 11 meter radius

awesome board

the problem with the Turn Schtubbies is that they still have the running length and swing weight of the X2 and Mspec just a shorter SCR

The X4 was 163ish.. 10/12/10.5 nice stable turny do all attack board...!!!:1luvu:

But don't take my word for it.. ask who rode it.. they can chime in if they want... Jack does have something..mmmm possibly coming his way that if all holds true.. This also..will kill it !!

X4 was nice though.. for me I liked it...but it was pried from my cold hands..

No worries as I will see it again this weekend at the Beast or Sunapee or where ever since I'll be At Fort Devens MA for the weekend and will ride both Saturday and Sunday.. just have to wait till Ace falls asleep then nab it!!!:eplus2:

RSS

whiping or not I'd like to hear more about this 160

160cm

20cm waist

schtubby nose/tail

Initially I was thinking 11/12/11m radii (nose/mid/tail) but I tried the X4 and I didn't think the 10/12/10.5m worked well. I could really feel the three different radii and they didn't seem to be getting along with each other. Part of the board would be carving and part would be skidding. If Bruce wants to try 11/12/11 I'll test it, but I'm not sure I'll like it. I may end up just going with a straight 11m.

I rode my Madd 158 f3 again a couple weeks ago after a rain/re-freeze, and dang it the board still kills it. I guess when I tried it a month ago on hero conditions, it simply wasn't icy enough. But I think Bruce can beat that board... we'll see...

That's all from Possum's Pouch ...

BB

you done git' em' good boy

LOL, I meant no real offense when I said possum's pouch. I mean, I lived in the swamp donkey's ass hole for a long time.

translation: western ME

wicked pissah

LOL, I meant no real offense when I said possum's pouch. I mean, I lived in the swamp donkey's ass hole for a long time.

translation: western ME

so no offense taken. I like it almost as much as Der Schtubby for B.V. and Shred's wunderboard.

And I'm sure Mellow Yellow smiles as he thinks of your 'Possum shot every time he drops into one of our "white ribbons of death."

Peace and crystalline precipitation to you...

BB

I rode my Madd 158 f3 again a couple weeks ago after a rain/re-freeze, and dang it the board still kills it. I guess when I tried it a month ago on hero conditions, it simply wasn't icy enough. But I think Bruce can beat that board... we'll see...

Methinks the Madd is at its best when you really only want to be riding the front half of the board. It's behaved well on anything smooth... had mine out in death marbles and it zucked like Zima.

My money's on Bruce creating a Madd killer. Two of the Coilers in my quiver have the dual sidecut, haven't tried the tri-sidecut but figure it's only a matter of time before he nails it if he hasn't already.

And I'm sure Mellow Yellow smiles as he thinks of your 'Possum shot every time he drops into one of our "white ribbons of death."

Funny, I was at Winterplace today... although they got 4-6 of cement last night.... normally around this time of season that resort has the WRoD down to a science.

TR from today - no real carving or decent photosluttage but the Schtubby was great in the crud: CLICKY

Not my pic, but it shown the normal WRoD Winterplace puts out... pic was from yesterday before they got the fresh cement... yes he is standing on the trail :eek:

S7300382.jpg

Methinks the Madd is at its best when you really only want to be riding the front half of the board. It's behaved well on anything smooth... had mine out in death marbles and it zucked like Zima.

Hmm, I was kind of on death marbles too. "Frozen Granular" per the ski report, and the Madd still got 'er done.

My money's on Bruce creating a Madd killer. Two of the Coilers in my quiver have the dual sidecut, haven't tried the tri-sidecut but figure it's only a matter of time before he nails it if he hasn't already.

I'm thinking the dual sidecut thing is more for longer boards. The NSR 185 is 13.7 to 17m. I will want this 160 to come around, so it will either be 11/12/11 or just 11.

Hmm, I was kind of on death marbles too. "Frozen Granular" per the ski report, and the Madd still got 'er done.

My finding is that "anything metal" kicked the crap out of da Madd as soon as the death marbles were breaking loose.

I'm thinking the dual sidecut thing is more for longer boards. The NSR 185 is 13.7 to 17m. I will want this 160 to come around, so it will either be 11/12/11 or just 11.

But... but...

I should add that, I used to think I was missing something about "NSR not coming around". Mine is as you say 13.7 to 17. It comes around fine especially on steeper pitches. The 14 to 20 NSR, like the 187 I played with during and after OES, on the other hand, does not come around unless you stay on the nose the whole way. The difference between those two NSR shapes is huuuuuge. The 13.7 to 17 shape is VERY user friendly, and ridiculously stable at speed.