Note to New Members ×

Kildy flex

Mike Kildevaeld

Hey Kildy, Fly to Reno and we can do a little trip.:eek: And no you can't drive!!!!

So who has some boots size(9-10 should work) and a board(175+) set up for an ol fart to use? I promise I won't break it.:D

It's been a while since I rode but, they say it's like riding a bike.

Kildy, email me (info at oregones dot com) if you're thinking of coming... one thing you should know about first.

Mike Nash, I'm sure we can scare up some spare boots in whatever size you need... I've got an old pair but they're a couple sizes to small. I've got spare bindings and there will be no shortage of spare boards hanging around.

Only a 6 hour trip from Reno, I'm sure a few others will be headed up from there.

I will never foget you tooling all the pro skiers in the snow miester race straton mt on skis in the DH Mike Nash fastest speed 94 MPH

Thanks Kildy!!! That was definately one of my more memorable days as well a great pay day!!! If I remember right you won saturdays event with a much bigger pay day.:D

Kildy, email me (info at oregones dot com) if you're thinking of coming... one thing you should know about first.

Mike Nash, I'm sure we can scare up some spare boots in whatever size you need... I've got an old pair but they're a couple sizes to small. I've got spare bindings and there will be no shortage of spare boards hanging around.

Only a 6 hour trip from Reno, I'm sure a few others will be headed up from there.

MikeT, I'll keep it in mind and I'll work on getting Kildy to come up sounds like a great time!!!!

• 2 months later...

I want to insert my response to this thread from the Tinkler Rocket man thread. Post #165 and #237

Cant seem to move the quotes over.

I cant let this thread not have a response. It keeps coming up and it needs my response added for the record.

Tinks.

This is 237

Kildy, you are so delusional and full of crap that I find it hard to dignify some of your statements but I can’t let it go and have riders think for a minute you have any credibility. By attacking me you get to associate yourself with all the good work I have done on researching, developing, proto-typing and riding systems that download the tip and tail. Take the Snow Stix arms off your K2 derby plate and then see how your design is at downloading the tip and tail.

I have searched everywhere for a patent in your name as the inventor and no board patents show up. Curiously your tuning device patents show up using your name but NO BOARD PATENT! I hate to rain on your “Oh I have a patent trip”, but you don’t, and you need to stop saying it because it is a lie and a figment of your imagination. So stop making claims about this mythical patent that you can’t substantiate. Like I said before, it is kind of hard to get a patent on something that is already patented. Failure to show this mythical patent means you do not have one. There is a big difference between filing a patent, and having one go through the process of examination and have it issued. That is why you do not have a patent number.

You make statements about the Snow Stix and it looks obvious that you have not read the Snow Stix patent that MUD looked up and posted here, or looked at Figure 4B. When you look at my patent you will see that my binding goes over the riser connector plate. You call yourself a designer and can’t even work out how Snow Stix work. You will not admit that you have dual Snow Stix arms attached to a K2 Trimble riser plate. You lie when you say you worked on split tail concepts before me. If you did have one when I showed you my split tip and tail in the hotel room at Mt. Bachelor in 1997 you would have pulled it out of your board bag, or as we can guess you would have said something. You weren’t even thinking of splits before you saw that board let alone using Snow Stix arms to control the splits as you are today. The Tinkler Snow Stix plate you see on the Pokkis board is mounted using the binding. It is the same plate Jasey, Fawcett, Tyler, Sigi Grabner, and many used before Salt Lake. Please don’t claim that too. I still claim I made and rode the first “slit” tail on a modern race board. Fawcett was the first to race on one. The FIS rule was made as a result of the Austrians protesting me and Fawcett at Whistler for using the tails in World Cup. A definition of snowboard was then drafted. Stop copying my concepts and claiming them as your own and move on. I will say again take the dual cambered Snow Stix barring arms that externally slide on the tip and tail OFF the K2 EPB plate that you use and call the Kildy Flex.

Please stop making rude, personal, nonsensical attacks. I have enough Kildy the freak stories and comments to attack you with. Please just don’t go there anymore. Stick to the facts. Read the patent. Look at the patent drawings, then tell me I am wrong for thinking I have a legitimate right to use external cambered dampening arms and you don‘t. I work hard at my craft building boards to have you and many others here put me down for trying new things is rather disheartening. For anyone who has enjoyed riding a Burner you have Fawcett and Tinkler to thank. Do you guys really want people like me to stop. I believe I build a very technically advanced board. Note I said BUILD. I guess you guys will always have Kildy’s drawings to ride.

This is 167

To the guy that wondered why I did not respond to “Kildy flex” right away, it’s because it has taken over a month for me to calm down to respond to “Kildy flex.” If I had responded at the time, it would have been a cage fight; full MMA. Kildy and I have done this before.

As MUD said, one can only take so much, and defending one's self online is nearly impossible, but I feel it is necessary to give it a try. I will try really hard to only stick to the facts and not get personal. I need to start from the beginning. In 1993, Mike Kildivauld asked to come over to my house and get a set of carbon Snow Stix for his Burton asy Race board and talk about my adjustable camber concepts. Because he was a Burton team rider at the time and showed an unusual interest in my thoughts and concepts, I had him sign a confidential discloser agreement and he was given a copy. I talked freely about my concepts about externally downloading the tip and tail of boards and skis with various systems to create camber. He was shown everything in my shop and the original Snow Stix set-up Fawcett tested in 1991, which was a Snow Stix arm attached to a riser plate that went under the binding. We talked about all the things in my filed patent. Things like two arms mounted on a riser plate, and a one arm system that could be moved laterally to bias the left and right side of the board to create torsional flex control. He was shown urethane binding cants that I was custom making for the Cross M team. He was shown a lot of concepts. Then I went on to develop my systems and market them. Snow Stix went on to win 16 World Cups, and podium 32 times, and were used by some of the most elite racers in the world. The patent was sold to K2 in 1995. Then in 1997 Kildivauld showed up with 2 cambered Snow Stix arms attached at the tip and tail to a K2 EPB derby plate. The purpose as Kildy describes it is to download the tip and tail! Wow, I wonder where he got that idea!! He combined two patented designs and called it Kildy Flex. Both patents owned by K2; the Snow Stix patent and the Trimble EPB Derby patent. Some of you ex-skiers may remember K2’s Extra Power Booster riser ski plate. It had a fixed mounting point in the center and mounting points at the ends that had slots allowing it to slide toward the tip and tail when flexed. When I told the K2 patent lawyer what Kildivauld was doing, they were not too happy having two patents they owned being infringed by not just a racer, but now a company 24/7. All my Tinkler dual Snow Stix plates K2 had made for me were marked with patent members. If he thinks he has an issued patent on these two designs please show everyone. Never did I see his plate display a patent number. It’s kind of hard to get a patent on something that’s already patented. I had always told Kildivauld just cut my Snow Stix arms off that plate and you become someone else’s problem, but he never did. Even today he shows drawings of dual cambered Snow Stix arms and as he describes, their purpose is to download the tip and tail. Then he uses them on a split tail that runs all the way to the tip. Once again, I wonder where that idea came from?

If Mr. Kildvauld can’t find his copy of the discloser contract that lays out what concepts were discussed, I will gladly send him another copy.

Tinks, when you find a message you want to move, just hit the "quote" button on it. Copy the text it brings up and paste it in to a new post in the thread you want.

Mike,

I have a couple questions for you pertaining to a couple of your's and the K2's patents in the area of isolation/derby/binding mount plates. Any chance we could take it off line?

I am most interested in which two patent numbers you have on your products? are they 5232241 (owned by K2) and 5284357 (your snow-stix-esc patent)?

The conversation I would love to have on, or offline pertains to many other patents in this same area. Some predate these two patents, others followed. Some that followed, seem like they either infringe, or that someone at the patent office decided that they do not infringe.

Please e-mail me if you have the time.

PS: I was doing some patent research, and agree that Kildy has 0 patent's to his name, other than his filing for his tuning device.

PSS: anyone else reading this might find this patent interesting which appears to be held by some of the individuals involved with Madd snowboards

Shred you are right; it's about time. I am going to put something together so people interested can look and read about my history and new tech. Yes, I do not have a place riders can go and order except to contact me at my e-mail that is listed in my bomber profile. Shred, please feel free to e-mail anytime and I'll give you my phone number. It's easier for me to talk personally.For specs e-mail is great.

Tinks

Shred you are right; it's about time. I am going to put something together so people interested can look and read about my history and new tech. Yes, I do not have a place riders can go and order except to contact me at my e-mail that is listed in my bomber profile. Shred, please feel free to e-mail anytime and I'll give you my phone number. It's easier for me to talk personally.For specs e-mail is great.

Tinks

Mike,

I would have e-mailed you my questions (allowing this thread to die), but I can't/couldn't find an e-mail listed in your profile. I can understand that you might not want to list an e-mail in your profile ( I dont think I do), but in your user control panel, you could allow board memebers to send you e-mail.

-Todd

This is some very old drawings of boards I would love to show you all the newest pictures, but I am about to make the new board and I would like it out before someone tries to beat me to it, if you know what i am saying "trust no one" so I will keep secret for now it is all patented including a new alloy derby ontop of the old derby, all has been changed but it is siiiick (i think.. LOL) I have not riden it yet, it could suck i guess. I will show ya all soon on the snow.

attachment.php?attachmentid=14130&stc=1&d=1227411526

. . Then he uses them on a split tail that runs all the way to the tip. Once again, I wonder where that idea came from?

I know you want this thread to end. . . but im currently quite enthralled with patents in this area and think I stumbled upon an answer to your question as to where kildy got "his idea" for a full length split Mike. Apparently the concept came from a gentlemen named Stanley Sadler circa 1988. Pretty interesting patent number 4951960. of course you are farmiliar with it as your patent references it. . . I just found it interesting to see compared to the above pictures.

You can click on the red box that says "images" to see the drawing in the patent. looks incredibly similar, even as you read into the claims.

I guess hardly anything is original anymore.

I also found some core and laminate sequence patents held by atomic that the entire snowboard industry is likely in violation of right now. . . but has become standard practice I guess. Perfect example of what happens when you don't defend a patent.

Maybe I should pull this out into a seperate thread on interesting snowboard patents rather than carrying this one on.

• 13 years later...

Haha, crazy scientist Kildy! 

I actually tried to do the opposite, about 10-15 years ago. I've cut out the centre piece of an alpine snowboard and joined the outside pieces with a riser plate. I wanted a powder ski that would carve really well. The tails were shaped into a swallowtail. Unfortunately, the thing was an absolute noodle. I didn't bother making the second one. 

Anyways, I assume your plate works only for the race skis with Hangl plates? 

1 hour ago, st_lupo said:

Heard it in the lift line 22/23 is going to be unhinged!

Finally a real "ski board"! 

11 hours ago, mike kildevaeld said:

This took a while LOL it is Kildy this post still working o shit this is funny but here is what I wanted to do a million years ago I finally got around to it.  It will eb available in fall 2022/2023 season

www.oneski.com

It works and works well.  I can attest.

Mike is an Olympian so he can probably ride a lunch tray smoothly but there was absolutely nothing gimmicky about this creation.

I saw Mike on this (w/Head Rebels) at Sunapee last year.  Presumably, he was testing/refining.  Rode a chair or two with him, along with my daughter.

all the best to you, Kildy.  Pleasure meeting you