• No. 1
    • No. 2
    • No. 3
    • No. 4

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've e-mailed JK on the rusted rivets. I'm just waiting for a reply from him. Unfortunately it's not really possible to get a metalic look from a dye sublimated pbt print. As a result, I fear that his first two designs would just look half baked. I think they look great though. We'll see what we can do.

I've e-mailed JK on the rusted rivets. I'm just waiting for a reply from him. Unfortunately it's not really possible to get a metalic look from a dye sublimated pbt print. As a result, I fear that his first two designs would just look half baked. I think they look great though. We'll see what we can do.

Thanks Sean for your input and listening to everyone's input here. If the metallic print can't come out well can it be substituted for another color for the first 2 designs. Maybe a red or silver? I just realized that the design had the donek bird logo (I'm just slow I guess) and I like the design even more. Its very classy and feels modern IMHO.

JK, can you make other variations of your first 2 designs since the metallic pattern may not be possible?

Thanks Sean for your input and listening to everyone's input here. If the metallic print can't come out well can it be substituted for another color for the first 2 designs. Maybe a red or silver? I just realized that the design had the donek bird logo (I'm just slow I guess) and I like the design even more. Its very classy and feels modern IMHO.

JK, can you make other variations of your first 2 designs since the metallic pattern may not be possible?

Well silver is a metalic color, so it won't work. It would be possible to put just about anything else there. Flames, solid, fades...

This may not be constructive but I'm still a fan of the old old Donek bird logo and really love plain but tech looking tops. How about a clear top sheet with the carbon sheet showing through and a simple logo?

Of the options so far, I liked 1 and 2 of JK's but it would be nice to get a more full image of the bird as I sort of had to stare at it a while to get the image. Perhaps with the bird in smaller scale or more centered and on the nose, I dunno, guess I'm thinking of the older donek base graphics but slightly morphed.

I'm guessing the bird in JK's design is clear and we would be seeing the carbon sheet below?

:lurk:

Well silver is a metalic color, so it won't work. It would be possible to put just about anything else there. Flames, solid, fades...

Thank you for showing interest

yes

is good idea to try to change that metallic surface in something that is even more relevant for your brand(since is in the shape of your brand icon), ex.: speed, agility, lightness etc!

I could explore in this direction later on!

ps

I responded to your email to.

JK

Sean after talking with you and re-reading this whole thread, From my background in marketing of new engineering i have come to a conclusion.

The Rust Bucket is so unique a concept and has such visual impact even to the snowboard mags and ski mags that only recognize park boarding will be entranced and have to cover it.

The free media coverage of the board and it's relationship to carving folks is something that could not be bought at any price.

All the bums will have pictures and blurbs in all the mags and online stuff just so they are not left behind on showing it.

lots of free publicity for Donek and for our sport.

Chase;)

Just checked over the Donek site.

After all that debate the original graphics remain.

Oy!:smashfrea

Yes, we will be offering the original graphics as well as a couple from JK. I received the final artwork for the rust bucket a couple days ago and we will get it posted on the site soon. We also have a version of the carbon fiber print with the bird in flames as we could not produce the metalic finish with this printing process. I expect the images will be up soon.

Yes, we will be offering the original graphics as well as a couple from JK. I received the final artwork for the rust bucket a couple days ago and we will get it posted on the site soon. We also have a version of the carbon fiber print with the bird in flames as we could not produce the metalic finish with this printing process. I expect the images will be up soon.

Sean/Donek,

Thanks for keeps all the 4 options and bringing in JK's work as well. I was worried that only the 2 most popular voted designs would be available. Now that I see you're giving more options I think that alot of people will be satisfied with the designs available.

Sean/Donek,

Thanks for keeps all the 4 options and bringing in JK's work as well. I was worried that only the 2 most popular voted designs would be available. Now that I see you're giving more options I think that alot of people will be satisfied with the designs available.

Options have always been our intention. We wanted to be sure we were on the right track. If some of the graphics got no votes, we would have obviously nixed them.