• No. 1
    • No. 2
    • No. 3
    • No. 4

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like 1 and 2 best for their look but I think cutting off the verbiage is not going to give the board the brand recognition that it deserves. Only those in the know would recognize that as the Donek logo.

So based on that I votes for 4. I chose 4 over 3 because I also don't like it when graphics end up under the bindings.

I think #3 is pretty bad-ass. The closeup on the graphic so it bleeds off the edges feels dynamic. Designs 1 and 2 are nice, clean modern designs, but for me lack a certain grittiness/oomph that I get from #3.

Also, these designs pretty much treat "Metal" as text -- maybe there should be a Metal logo?

The whole Eastern culture on skate decks is getting old.

I like 1 and 2. I always like one big logo plastered on a deck.

This isn't a skate forum. I have never seen that of which you speak.

Skating is dead. This is snowboarding.

I liked number 3.

1 and 2 looked very generic to me. No offense to the designer. And when you look down on the lift say, all you will see is the EK. ?????

I think #3 is pretty bad-ass. The closeup on the graphic so it bleeds off the edges feels dynamic. Designs 1 and 2 are nice, clean modern designs, but for me lack a certain grittiness/oomph that I get from #3.

Also, these designs pretty much treat "Metal" as text -- maybe there should be a Metal logo?

__+1__

1 or 2 are OK, not great. 3 and 4 look really dumb IMO.

Most board graphics today look like someone printed some graphic on a big printer and glued it to the topsheet. They remind me of car "wraps". I miss the great look of the old F2s or the serious look of the black Renntigers.

Edit: The diamondplate that Ace posted below would be interesting.

None of the above catch my eye in particular to be honest. 1 and 2 are a little too "Xtreme-style" for me...kinda similar to the Prior race graphic, which I also dislike. :(

But, if I had to go with 3 or 4, I'd rather the graphic at the back and the name at the front. Aesthetically, I like "back-loaded" boards rather than front-loaded boards, or failing that graphics between the bindings.

(And I agree with someone else who mentioned it: what's with the absurb practice of placing graphics underneath bindings? Stop it. Stop it. :D

greg

This isn't a skate forum. I have never seen that of which you speak.

Skating is dead. This is snowboarding.

I liked number 3.

1 and 2 looked very generic to me. No offense to the designer. And when you look down on the lift say, all you will see is the EK. ?????

Don't hold back your opinions Carvedog!

Boardsports are all closely tied. I skateboard, like everyone else in San Diego. You can't say that the two don't rely on the others for influence. Notice how skateboarding is turning more "Gangsta"? It's not a coincidence, it's drawing off what's popular in snowboarding, and it's selling.

Too many decks go for the samurai or shogun look. I look at it and yawn. Not saying 1&2 aren't fairly generic, I'm just sick of the eastern culture on decks.

Also, the first two decks seem relevant to alpine snowboarding. They look racey. (no, not racy, like the Love) Still just not a fan of 3&4

Jack- Lol! I'll never look at Donek the same..

sorry, but 3 & 4 look like the samurai is hanging on to his wang...
That's my problem with graphics like that. I had no idea that was supposed to be a samurai. I don't even know what a samurai has to do with snowboards. Give me graphics I can understand, like skulls with flames shooting from the eye sockets, or a guy with a guitar and a chick holding onto his leg. Those make sense.

I'm not sure if you're going for a graphic that people will, for the most part, generally like; if you will only be using 1 of the 4 graphics; just seeing if people like the graphics; which one people like the best; etc. etc. Not too much background given in the OP, and the following philosophy of mine on board graphics may be unsolicited; my apologies if that is the case.

I happen to sort of like the graphic on 3 and 4, and would pick number 4 between those two. However, if I got to pick up a Donek Metal and had the choice between all four, I'd take number 2. (My poll vote goes to 2.)

The way I see it (just personal speculation here), designs like 1 and 2 are ones that everyone will be generally indifferent to and not mind. As for things like 3 and 4 with some kind of theme, many will like it, but for even more people, it will just not be up their alley.

Personally, I've always been disgusted with the appearance of every single board I've owned before I got into alpine boarding because they all had abominably lame graphics that weren't plain (that is, defining this use of the word "plain" as in designs 1 and 2). I feel that if someone really wanted to have graphics, he/she'd pay the extra to provide his/her own topsheet design. As for me, personally, I will probably design (or hire someone to design) a topsheet myself for all new boards I buy in the future.

That's my problem with graphics like that. I had no idea that was supposed to be a samurai. I don't even know what a samurai has to do with snowboards. Give me graphics I can understand, like skulls with flames shooting from the eye sockets, or a guy with a guitar and a chick holding onto his leg. Those make sense.

Chevy 350s with blowers, headers shooting fire...

Chevy 350s with blowers, headers shooting fire...
Yeah! And a guy with bloodshot eyes and pointy teeth holding onto a long gearshift with a skull/piston for a knob, and he's stepping on the gas pedal so hard that his foot is busting through the floorboard. THAT is a graphic. Why can't someone put that on a board? Man, that would be a ride. There are only two messages a board's graphics need to convey: 1) Rock on, and 2) Party on.

"Bitchin' Coiler" on the tail too.

That's a frickin board!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsDpznl8eIs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsDpznl8eIs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Don't hold back your opinions Carvedog!

Boardsports are all closely tied.

For you not me. And you always know where I stand. Handmade longboards have some relevance for me. Paste on graphics on mass produced boards for skate punks, I couldn't really give two ****$ about. To be honest. :eplus2:

I skateboard, like everyone else in San Diego. You can't say that the two don't rely on the others for influence.

Notice how skateboarding is turning more "Gangsta"? It's not a coincidence, it's drawing off what's popular in snowboarding, and it's selling.

Most snowsports enthusiasts don't live in SD, no offense Theo. Gangsta snowboarding is for punks too. Hate all that crap. And I could be wrong, but I think the majority of Alpine boarders feel some of that if not all those things.

So don't lump me in that demographic.