alexgforce

Which graphic would you choose?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Which graphic would you choose?

• No. 1
    • No. 2
    • No. 3
    • No. 4

For you not me. And you always know where I stand. Handmade longboards have some relevance for me. Paste on graphics on mass produced boards for skate punks, I couldn't really give two ****$ about. To be honest. :eplus2:

Most snowsports enthusiasts don't live in SD, no offense Theo. Gangsta snowboarding is for punks too. Hate all that crap. And I could be wrong, but I think the majority of Alpine boarders feel some of that if not all those things.

So don't lump me in that demographic.

Oh yes they do! :p

In all seriousness, I didn't really express what I meant very well. I'll just use my head bonk as an excuse.

What I mean to say is..in my opinion, the ninja/samurai/shogun look is way overused in the skating world, and I really don't want to see it in snowboarding, I'm sick of it. Primarily people ride decks made by Watson Laminates (they are the OEM for loads of brands, including Sector..) down here, I don't know how prevalent skating, especially longboarding, is in Idaho, but I'd assume it's completely different and more of a niche there.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I mean to say is..in my opinion, the ninja/samurai/shogun look is way overused in the skating world, and I really don't want to see it in snowboarding, I'm sick of it.

I'd rather just see the swords rather than the people who use them...maybe even a variety of different styles of sword crossed up like someone knocked over a museum display

Primarily people ride decks made by Watson Laminates (they are the OEM for loads of brands, including Sector..) down here

Watson is the most innovative pressing company right now OEMing not just for S9 but companies like Gravity, the Firm and probably the most technologically advanced EarthWing

I like the samurai. I knew what it was and what it meant when I saw it even though the sword part of the image was cropped out of the picture, but that got me thinking... same concept, different theme.

What about a picture of a big ass Scottish Claymore running tip to tail. Maybe with a "Donek" coat of arms in the middle of the board or maybe just on the cross of the Claymore. Maybe with Sean's tartan/plaid as the background. He could even call the metal boards "Donek Claymores" or something.

Extra bonus... if you break wind in the lift line you could excuse yourself by saying "aye, Laddie, I can hear the bag pipes of Scotland calling".

Concept drawing. A real artist would make it look better. ps that's the Pollock tartan.

post-2628-141842264374_thumb.jpg

Of these 4 options, I voted for #2. I like 1 & 2. 2 much better than 1 because I don't like white boards very much. But they are bit too, Prior-esque as already stated. And 3 & 4 just aren't anything that I'd want on my board. I just never got into the Far East/Asian artwork, graphics, tatoos, etc. Guess I'm just not that cultured!

I'd be more into nature type graphics. Something like what was on the Never Summer Premier snowboards of a few years ago. Snow covered mountain peaks laid upon a black or cobalt blue snowobard.

I'm kinda diggin' this graphic that *Ace* found though!

metal-prev1.jpg

Just my 2 cents.

Jeffrey, I like your reasoning, but your avatar makes me want to sit you down on the "Metal Up Your Ass" toilet. Metallica fun fact: The "Kill Em All" blood puddle and hammer was the less offensive option, which is why you never actually say the Metal Up Your Ass graphic for sale.

Saint Anger sucked! Why oh why would you make it your avatar!?

I hear crappy snare drum over and over in my head now, make it stop!

200px-75954310fca08c89d17a7010.L.jpg

I like the first 2.

I also think you should have some 'metal' graphics...

heavy%20industry%20molten%20metal.jpg

Just my $0.02

Dig that molten metal, that's awesome. Reminds me of this old logo for Fuso bikes:

FusoLogo.gif Something along those lines could be pretty cool as a logo, only reading "METAL", of course. (and maybe pouring into a snowboard-shaped mold?)

Jeffrey, I like your reasoning, but your avatar makes me want to sit you down on the "Metal Up Your Ass" toilet. Metallica fun fact: The "Kill Em All" blood puddle and hammer was the less offensive option, which is why you never actually see the Metal Up Your Ass graphic for sale.

Saint Anger sucked! Why oh why would you make it your avatar!?

I hear crappy snare drum over and over in my head now, make it stop!

200px-75954310fca08c89d17a7010.L.jpg

Amen to that Mr. Crimson, St. Anger is one of the worst pieces of manure that has ever come out of a recording studio in the history of human civilization. The only album worse than that is probably Paris' Hiltons'. (which I haven't even heard, but I can imagine).

L8R,

Dave R.

Geez Nate.

Does this make you horny?

lathe.jpg

Nice try, but you won't make any metal chips with that, it's a wood lathe, but I get the point. Yayeah. I took the liberty of changing the brand name to something I could relate to a bit better, if you'll excuse the chop, it's the best I could do on short notice. (and the crap software on my internet computer)

L8R,

Dave R.

Nice try, but you won't make any metal chips with that, it's a wood lathe, but I get the point. Yayeah. I took the liberty of changing the brand name to something I could relate to a bit better, if you'll excuse the chop, it's the best I could do on short notice. (and the crap software on my internet computer)

L8R,

Dave R.

I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that...Nerd!

Titmatic..has a ring to it.

Since you asked, and with respect, none of the above.

The brand recognition of Donek is already well established; why blare it out with #1 and 2 ? Subtle carves slick. Make them lean over, read the fine print and figure out who makes that fine board.

I like the idea of setting up a 'metal' icon. Better than a Samouraï however, something looking like (picture below) is probably better rooted into the collective heritage of our hemisphere:

- Graphic designers beware. The ideas set forth on BOL's thread Vinyl topsheet cover may seal your doom: http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22462

post-7406-14184226438_thumb.jpg