Note to New Members ×

OES March 5 - 8, 2009

SEJ

Folks, The 10 day forecast now includes "day zero". The forecast is for snow every day between now and then with highs right around freezing.

I love abundant snow as much as the next NW powder hound, but I suspect I speak for most when I say:

THINK SUN!!!!!!!!!

A gloomy forecast followed my decent to awesome weather has almost become an OES tradition - let's all think "awesome"!!!!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question:

If I plan on bringing Rumplestiltskins but I'm giving them out for free (Shane?) should I post that in the "OES - for sale" thread in the classifieds? Just wondering?

Oh, nevermind..........

TIM!

I've missed your Coos Bay style 3am dedication!

It will be great to see you all soon,

Hugh

I'll be in the parking lot even earlier this year, albeit with percolating coffee pot and camp stove! I'm sure I can round up a little something to spike the coffee with as well.

Hugh,

I just spoke with the Cook-ster. He's no longer cooked and he's ready to roll. I told him that you'd be expecting him this year. He actually hinted at wanting to try the hardboot thing.

Very stoked to see everyone and am counting the minutes!

BTW, where's Shane? Prolly busy doin' it up Coos Bay Style!

Chans Tuesday night?

Folks, The 10 day forecast now includes "day zero". The forecast is for snow every day between now and then with highs right around freezing.

I love abundant snow as much as the next NW powder hound, but I suspect I speak for most when I say:

THINK SUN!!!!!!!!!

A gloomy forecast followed my decent to awesome weather has almost become an OES tradition - let's all think "awesome"!!!!

Yes high pressure breaking down for OES. Glad RJ is coming with the Tankers...

I will be there in force. I thought of the tasty beverage (rumplestiltskins) just last night as I pulled on my tap handle. I am evening thinking about bringing my little cook oven to make cinnamon rolls in the parking lot. Now that is Coos Bay style. Dusty will be there also. He rented a house at the inn of the seventh mt. We will be there on Tuesday night or early Wednesday.

Shane

Cinnamon Rolls?

Dude, you're kidding right? That's not Coos Bay Style!!!

I'm thinking buttermilk buiscuits, sausage gravy, eggs (over-medium), venison steaks (pan fryers), and some mountain man/dutch oven potatoes!

That's it, I'm bringin' the dutch oven.

Now that's Coos Bay Style!!!

I do love me some cinnamon rolls though:1luvu:

Nice!!!!

It's gonna get crazy!!!

It better not be snowing too hard. It'll be difficult to keep the coals from going out on the dutch oven.

If worse comes to worst I'll be bringin' the hardtack. It'll fill ya up, just need to exercise a little caution so as not to chip a tooth!

Will you be ridin' in your hick'ry shirt, carharts, stihl suspenders, and cork boots?

I know I will. Gotta keep the dream alive!

-> 8 lift tickets for wife and self - $ REASONABLE!!

-> 5 nites lodging in Bend - $ NOT TOO BAD!

-> new brakes and antifreeze for the 'Burb - $ WAY TOO #$%& MUCH!!

-> 4 days at Bachelor with a bunch of Crazy Hardbooters - $ PRICELESS!!

I'm SOOOOOOO THERE!!!!

Until....

2qjd4l5.jpg

2dtau81.jpg

I have a bunch of tickets I can't use now.

Contact me if you have interest via email or voice.

fivethirty, threefiftysix, sixtyfourthirty

I was hoping to come over for this, but the resort won't give me any break on lift tix cuz SV doesn't participate in the resort exchange???????

So a full cert instructor visiting gets nothing in terms of break on lift tix. :mad:

Any buddy passes out there for a couple of days. Thursday, Friday or Friday, Saturday??

And I still don't know for sure I can make it, just trying to get with some of the tribe.

THX

Any buddy passes out there for a couple of days. Thursday, Friday or Friday, Saturday??

I don't have any buddy passes (not a passholder this year), but if you can make it for Thurs, check out the Hookey Days deal ($29 Tues - Thurs).

Buddy passes on Saturday are still $50.

Just FYI, Wednesday/Day Zero will have a great crew, so if you can come earlier, you could get two $29 tix and hang with 20+ hardbooters.

Hope you can make it, Buell

Folks,

If you're coming to OES, please:

1) download: http://www.oregones.com/OES-liability-release.pdf

2) read it

3) print it

4) sign it

and then either scan the signed copy and email it to info at oregones dot com, or send an email to the above address requesting a mail address to send the original.

It'll be much easier on everyone, (OK, particularly me) if this is done in advance.

Thanks!

Hey Gang;

I'll be coming from Spokane, through tri cities, through Biggs Jnct. on to Bend.

Anyone from Washington or Idaho wanna hook up for a car pool. I can take three or five depending on which rig we take.

I also have a great lead for a cabins. Price is right. About $50 pre bedroom per night. There is one in Bend and another in Sun River, about half way to the mountain.

I'd probably drive down on Wednesday.

Gimme a hollar!

Mark

I was hoping to come over for this, but the resort won't give me any break on lift tix cuz SV doesn't participate in the resort exchange???????

So a full cert instructor visiting gets nothing in terms of break on lift tix. :mad:

And I still don't know for sure I can make it, just trying to get with some of the tribe.

THX

Hey Carvedog, e-mail sent.

OMFG! What happened?

Hit a little side bump that I always hit and as soon as I hit it, I knew I was going down bad. Stuck the shovel, and did some kind of twisty-flippy grind & SNAP! Really freaky cause I pretty much new it was going to break even before I heard the snap. Wiggled when I should have waggled.:nono:

Shane & Tim,

Keep stoking those morning fires, last year's carver parking didn't include open flames :flamethro

Driving north on Tuesday,

--Hugh

Today's news: Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Crash causes fire at business

Police arrested a Coos Bay woman early this morning after a U-Haul truck she was driving crashed into the Coos Bay U-Haul lot and caught fire.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze, which was limited to the rear tires and cargo compartment, and pulled the driver, Kayla Goodrich, 20, out of the vehicle.

The truck ran into two vehicles on the lot, 763 S. Broadway, around 3:30 a.m., causing significant damage, said Capt. Cal Mitts. Its engine continued to run and because the vehicle was still in gear, the rear wheels overheated and caught fire.

Fire Chief Stan Gibson said the blaze was limited to the one vehicle, though an adjacent truck suffered some smoke and heat damage.

Officers arrested Goodrich on a charge of driving under the influence of intoxicants. She was taken to the Coos County jail and released on citation.

Nine firefighters and two engines responded to the accident.

Tags » :AR15firin Coos Bay :freak3: Crash :flamethro U-Haul

http://www.theworldlink.com/articles/2009/02/24/public_records/police_reports/doc49a443d03de4d905484662.txt