Note to New Members ×

OES March 5 - 8, 2009

SEJ

yum yum buckbean! Its tasty beer! Went to Octoberfest at the brewery with Randy and got to sample several beers, was very good stuff - can't wait to drink some more of it :)

Bap they are having a release party on Saturday for the new seasonal brew, Adaven IPA (Nevada spelled backward). I still owe you a growler so I'll bring it to Kirkwood on Sunday, or a different one if we come Friday. And maybe even an extra one for your B-day! :biggthump

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bap they are having a release party on Saturday for the new seasonal brew, Adaven IPA (Nevada spelled backward). I still owe you a growler so I'll bring it to Kirkwood on Sunday, or a different one if we come Friday. And maybe even an extra one for your B-day! :biggthump

ohh nice, i LOVE IPA's haha, and i just ran out of 2 below :( which made me very sad yesterday. Oh well, 3 days of work till a 5 day riding weekend and it snowed a few feet this weekend so very excited!

If you want a top-notch stone grind and tune for $50, Race Place here in Bend is an excellent choice. For anyone flying to OES, save yourself some baggage fees! Ship your boards to Race Place, get 'em tuned, and then pick them up once you get here.

If you call, ask for Brian and drop my name (Mike Tovino). He's worked on several of my boards. Excellent results. Half the price of PTC and most of the quality!

http://www.the-raceplace.com/

http://www.mtbachelor.com/winter/staticpages/DEALS/Deals

BTW My 5 buddy tickets are spoken for... other passholders may be able to help here.

So if I'm reading it right I could get a 2 of 3 day that's actually good for 4 days. That'd be great.... IF I COULD FIGURE OUT HOW TO BUY ONLINE. What am I missing? I can't find a buy link on that site for multiday passes anywhere!

I fired off an email to Mt Bachelor. I find this page using their search function... there is no way to link to this page from their home page... hopefully it's for real...

The Joe's tix are indeed for real though.

In the meantime... passholders... please post here if you will have cheap buddy tickets to share at OES. My 5 were promised to OES out-of-towners long ago.

Looks like the deals paged has been updated. You can now purchase tickets through the online store. You'll need to create an account... I get about an email a month from them.

You can purchase a 4 of 5 day ticket for $110. Perfect for OES!!!!

It says "ID required at ticket window" so you won't be able to transfer these.

If you have any questions or problems with the site, feel free to post here but please ask Mt Bachelor your questions directly, I'm don't have any more info than you do :)

Looks like the deals paged has been updated. You can now purchase tickets through the online store. You'll need to create an account... I get about an email a month from them.

You can purchase a 4 of 5 day ticket for $110. Perfect for OES!!!!

Mike, quit twisting my arm....now I might have to shoot for 4 days rather than just 3.

If anyone's looking for ski+stay packages, there's some info here: http://www.visitbend.com/Discover_Bend_Oregon/Mt-Bachelor-Ski-Free/default.aspx

OES 2009 has its first official sponsor, none other than Boardmaster Bruce Varsava from Coiler! He will be in attendance all four days.

Taking a few runs with Bruce can only help your next Coiler come out better than you imagined possible! Don't miss this opportunity!

I just checked the Bachelor site, it's $110 for a 2 of 3 day package and $162 for a 3 of 5 day. I still haven't figured out how to order online.

http://www.mtbachelor.com/winter/staticpages/DEALS/Deals

Click the "Buy now" button in the "Double your days" section. You will have to create an account in their store before you buy. Once you've created the account and logged in, you see this page... click the logo where I've highlighted and you should be good to go.

Thanks Mike! I just bought our tickets, 4 for the price of 2, sweet deal. We'll probably only be there 3 days, so some lucky contestant might just win our extra tickets. I'm still breaking in my first Coiler, looking forward to making some turns with Bruce!

OES 2009 has its first official sponsor, none other than Boardmaster Bruce Varsava from Coiler! He will be in attendance all four days.

Taking a few runs with Bruce can only help your next Coiler come out better than you imagined possible! Don't miss this opportunity!

That is just awesome!! Way to go Bruce. I really really hope I win a Coiler at SES otherwise OES might be an expensive trip. ALL of my friends have metal Coilers and I know it's only a matter of time for me, I just don't know what I want yet but I bet Bruce can fix that easily.

Hopefully there will be a board at SES or OES that will handle my 230lbs and I can demo.

That is just awesome!! Way to go Bruce. I really really hope I win a Coiler at SES otherwise OES might be an expensive trip. ALL of my friends have metal Coilers and I know it's only a matter of time for me, I just don't know what I want yet but I bet Bruce can fix that easily.

Hopefully there will be a board at SES or OES that will handle my 230lbs and I can demo.

you don't have to demo anything Randy, just put in an order and get it over with :)

The whole Reno/Tahoe crew can't be wrong!

This is amazing news!!! I can't wait to get a chance to meet you Bruce, the AM-T you built for me is nothing short of amazing!

Hey Mike, the site does indeed say that a Thursday ticket can be purchased online for 29.00. So, a person could get a three out of five day ticket for fri,sat,sun and bring it down under 48.00 a day for the four days.

Steve, if you buy the 2 of 3 they make it a 4 day in a row for $110. $27.50 a day. Just sayin'

Hello fellow carvers!!!:lol:

So I am contacting all the local Bend hotels and resorts to try to find the best deals possible. Bottom line is if we can get enough people to stay at 1 resort or hotel, we will all save allot of dough. We would also have a hell of allot of fun staying in the same place, instead of being scattered all over Bend.

Being this is a yearly event, I strongly believe we should build a close relationship with a nice affordable hotel or resort so we can spend less money on rooms and more on Bruce's lovely boards:ices_ange.

Another plus is, I for one have an suv with allot of extra room for both people and gear, which would allow people not have to rent a car. And I am sure there will be more people with transportation that can carpool as well. Also, most of these Hotels have shuttles to the mountain or to the Bachelor bus that takes you to the mountain.

Come on people, if we can fill 15+ rooms at a single Resort or hotel we all would save $20+ dollars a night, plus being compted a convention room for one night (PARTY!!!:eplus2:).

So this is what I need to know from everyone:

-Who's in

-What is your price range

-Would you like your own room or would you like to share a room.

Can't wait to hear from everyone,

Quentin

Not that you are hinting or anything, eh Randy?

Who me? :D

you don't have to demo anything Randy, just put in an order and get it over with :)

The whole Reno/Tahoe crew can't be wrong!

That is true, I guess I don't need to ride one first I just need to figure out what I want. AM T, Schtubby or Monster.

Quentin,

I have already made my reservations at The Riverhouse for myself and two others from Reno. I'm pretty sure others from Reno and CA have reservations there as well.

So this is what I need to know from everyone:

-Who's in

-What is your price range

-Would you like your own room or would you like to share a room.

Can't wait to hear from everyone,

Quentin

you want this info on this thread Quentin? Or we emailing you or PM'ing you this?

hi btw G-unit! can't wait to ride with you again buddy! miss ya! First grilled cheese and IPA pitcher is on me :)