Note to New Members ×

OES March 5 - 8, 2009

SEJ

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep , 1st weekend in March, same as last year!

Please feel free to visit the Support OES page, we've got the DVD from last year available, plus some nifty CafePress goodies. I'm looking into liability reduction strategies as we speak, which will cost $$$ so any and all donations are always appreciated. (Yes, this likely means we'll be asking y'all to sign a liability waiver, and please leave the radar guns and gates at home...

• 4 weeks later...

See Portland schwag (and fine print) here: http://www.skinet.com/warrenmiller/offers/index.php?this_venue=23

Looks like this ticket will be valid on the Thursday/Friday of OES. If anyone wants to buy my wife a ticket to the movie ($18), I'll send you the schwag coupons. If you're interested, please respond here, I don't check my linked e-mail that much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Although it's friggin' tropical here right now (I went mountain biking today in my shorts - it was 66*F in Bend this afternoon) I have ***never*** seen this NWS long-range maps look this good in Oregon in terms of temperature:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions//multi_season/13_seasonal_outlooks/color/churchill.php

Keep in mind that a merely average season in terms of snowfall means well more than enough coverage. Low temps are the key!

For those who came to OES 2008, I'd really like to hear your comments on the after-ride events.

Depending on how many people RSVP we may have to change up some of the events. We were very cramped at Chan's last year and my house probably can't handle too many more people than we had last year either. I'd like your feedback on the food.

Please be brutally honest, as the point is to improve the events.

You may send feedback to me through my profile or if you wish, post it here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumpin' the OES 2009 thread. Bachelor's base is up to 70 inches which bodes well.

If you plan to come, please RSVP to info@oregones.com and let me know how many are coming and which days. I'll add you to the email list as well. (Or not, if you prefer). RSVPing will greatly help me and the OES volunteers plan the evening events.

Also, please pass along any feedback on the evening events last year, so that we can do an even better job this year.

Looking for a place to stay for OES (or anytime you're in Bend)? Our friend's 1BR cottage is is right on the river, very close to downtown: www.vrbo.com/210877. There's a fold out couch in the living room, if a couple of carvers are looking to share. It's pet friendly, too!

Buell and I are sharing a bigger house with some other nice folks this year, but we'll miss this place....

Can't wait to see everybody in March!

Rebecca

Base depth is almost 100"! No need for rock boards anymore unless you're powder-hunting off NW or Summit. The power went out a few times today but when the lifts were turning, the snow was great and the runs were perpetually being resurfaced.

Please note Mt Bachelor has changed their hours this year... 8:30 - 4:00 seven days a week. This actually works to our advantage, in that:

1) We get an extra half hour of riding on Thursday and Friday of OES

2) We get to sleep an extra half hour on Sunday of OES, which is when Daylight Savings starts. (Those who were out bright and early the past two years, will probably remember being the ONLY ones on the hill!)

So, we'll meet at 8:00 in the Sunrise parking lot all 4 days.

"Day zero" on Wednesday the 4th is pencilled in if the weather is good.

• 2 weeks later...

Obligatory OES thread bump...

... and just wanted to mention: YES, beginners and intermediates are welcome at OES, and YES, families are welcome at OES. (The Wednesday night happy hour will be 21+, though... and I will state for the record that the event will NOT be rated "G"!)