Note to New Members ×

OES March 5 - 8, 2009

SEJ

I was hoping to come over for this, but the resort won't give me any break on lift tix cuz SV doesn't participate in the resort exchange???????

So a full cert instructor visiting gets nothing in terms of break on lift tix. :mad:

Any buddy passes out there for a couple of days. Thursday, Friday or Friday, Saturday??

And I still don't know for sure I can make it, just trying to get with some of the tribe.

THX

Come!! Seek, and it will find you!!! Really, I doubt if the all 80 year olds (they are my HEROS) in the parking lot have used up all their "Buddy Passes" , but I could be wrong. It would be great to finally meet you!!!

PS, I have heard a rumour that some folks are looking for instruction? I can see it now.

It is early morning, Sunrise Parking lot, Carvedog holding up a sign that reads "Will teach for tickets" while eating a fresh ciniman role, drinking what ever alcohol is laying in the bed of someones truck and bacon grease dripping from the corner of his mouth.

Gotta love "OR-E-GONE" :)

Bryan

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, please RSVP for the Thursday, Friday and Saturday night events listed at

http://www.oregones.com

You may either email through my Bomber profile or info at oregones dot com

I need to make sure there is enough food :)

Mike, I plan to attend most if not all the events. I kind of "roll with it" depending on how my body and mind feels. I know this is not ideal for getting a number, but it is about the best I can do? I don't typically know what I am doing "For Sure" the next day? Know what I mean?

PS, One of those nights I am probably going to have to cheat and go to Chan's again. It seems I can't go more than two days while in Bend with out hitting Chan's.

I don't know all the places you have scheduled. So, I have to "Wing it" so to speak.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

Bryan

Hit a little side bump that I always hit and as soon as I hit it, I knew I was going down bad. Stuck the shovel, and did some kind of twisty-flippy grind & SNAP! Really freaky cause I pretty much new it was going to break even before I heard the snap. Wiggled when I should have waggled.:nono:

Sounds WAY too familiar!!

How are you doing??

On the tickets. I would be ashamed of Mt Bachelor's staff if they didn't make some arrangements for your pre-purchased tickets. Refund or allowance to offer them to a friend, sort of thing.

The only catch is the "Showing Id" at the window.

Bryan

Bryan,

Mike T. gave his blessing for us to coordinate a Chan's meetup. Tuesday sounds like the ticket.

Jim, Ron and Hugh for Chan's on Tuesday. Is this meetup a go?

--Hugh

Sounds good Hugh. I live 3.5 hours north of Bend, near Portland.

My schedule is still fluid. Not sure if I will be down there by Tuesday.

All it will really take is a phone call to Chan. He never lets me down.

Remind me as we get closer to the date please.

Thanks, Bryan

Sesame Beef!! :1luvu:

To those who would like to do a Chan's meet. It has been suggested to me (good thinking Tim) that we meet up for drinks around 6 ish? Then plan on dinner at 7ish? I will call ahead on Monday to let Chan know we are coming?

I am guessing at between 8 and 12 folks?

Thanks, Bryan

PS, I have heard a rumour that some folks are looking for instruction? I can see it now.

It is early morning, Sunrise Parking lot, Carvedog holding up a sign that reads "Will teach for tickets"

Folks, just a reminder that there can be no clinics at OES... both for the liability reasons that I mentioned before on this thread, also also because Mt Bachelor management has told me directly "you'll need to register any clinics with us and show proof of proper insurance". The lowest estimate I got for proper clinic insurance was too rich for OES's blood; the lowest formal quote I got for proper clinic insurance was WAY too rich for OES's blood.

I too would prefer it not be this way... let's not allow this to get in the way of a rockin' time for all at OES :)

To those who would like to do a Chan's meet. It has been suggested to me (good thinking Tim) that we meet up for drinks around 6 ish? Then plan on dinner at 7ish? I will call ahead on Monday to let Chan know we are coming?

I am guessing at between 8 and 12 folks?

Thanks, Bryan

Bryan,

Thanks for setting the date and time. Chans has a huge menu, so it will be great to have you guide us through it...

Hugh, Jim and Ron for Tuesday at 6pm! :cool:

Folks, just a gentle reminder to please RSVP for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night events. In particular I need to place the food order for Friday tomorrow, so need a good idea how many are coming.

Also a reminder to get me the signed liability form either by printing, signing, scanning and emailing, or snail mailing (please email for snail mail address) or giving it to me in person in - either the evening before (Wednesday night meet and greet is a great place for this) or the morning that you join the event in the Sunrise parking lot.

Thanks to those who have already RSVP'd and sent forms, and thanks in advance to everyone else for getting it taken care of :)

Does anyone have suggestions for a hotel for Thursday night? Friday/Saturday, my wife will join me and we'll stay at her folks' place (they live pretty near Mike T, in fact), but I'm on my own for Thursday.

I'm hoping for a place that's pretty close to the Thursday dinner spot, is cheap cheap cheap, and offers a deal on Bachelor tickets (I have the 4-day pass -- what a deal -- but I'm also hoping to pick something up that my wife can use on Saturday).

Thanks all!

Does anyone have suggestions for a hotel for Thursday night? Friday/Saturday, my wife will join me and we'll stay at her folks' place (they live pretty near Mike T, in fact), but I'm on my own for Thursday.

I'm hoping for a place that's pretty close to the Thursday dinner spot, is cheap cheap cheap, and offers a deal on Bachelor tickets (I have the 4-day pass -- what a deal -- but I'm also hoping to pick something up that my wife can use on Saturday).

Thanks all!

There's always the OES deal at Riverhouse, $79/night. Most of the hotels/motels lift ticket deals are "purchase ticket at hotel for that day", and not a voucher, so I kinda doubt you'll be able to work that to your advantage.

For a single day, you can always see if any pass holders have spare buddy tickets. Mine are spoken for at this point but that could change over the course of the event.

Most of the hotels/motels lift ticket deals are "purchase ticket at hotel for that day", and not a voucher, so I kinda doubt you'll be able to work that to your advantage.

Thanks Mike, that's helpful to know.

For a single day, you can always see if any pass holders have spare buddy tickets. Mine are spoken for at this point but that could change over the course of the event.

Is anyone interested in a swap? I have a free Warren Miller ticket that's only usable Tuesday-Friday. Anyone willing to trade a Saturday pass for a Friday pass+some cash?

Gretchen and I are dialed in. Driving up Wed. (Bringing the whole quivver if anybody wants to try some stuff, check my avitar.) We are staying at the Riverhouse. Riding/skiing Thurs. till Sat., then driving home Sun. We will have room to help transport a couple of people to and from the mountain. Heading to Cabo tomorrow, be back in the states Tues.

Scott

Cell: 650 892 5205

Folks, still plenty of room for Friday and Saturday. Thursday night, next two people to RSVP are in and that may fill the room. I will see if they can squeeze more in. If more people want to come on Thursday that's OK, they may have to get a table outside the private room though.

Thanks all!

Dan, I will give you some options shortly if you still want them. Been busy riding , I have the card for the last place I stayed. Names, numbers etc.

Bryan

Bryan,

Thanks for setting the date and time. Chans has a huge menu, so it will be great to have you guide us through it...

Hugh, Jim and Ron for Tuesday at 6pm! :cool:

Happy to !! I have a half dozen favs, however, I don't think I have ever had a dish I didn't love there!!!

Sesame Beef!!

Chow Fung Noodles with all Three Meats.

House Fried Rice.

Phe

Phonex and the Dragon. (SP)

Oh yea, vegetables are SO fresh I will even eat them :)