Note to New Members ×

F2 Declares Bankruptcy

fin

F2 Declares Bankruptcy

We just received an official press release from F2 International GmbH:

F2 International GmbH - offical press release.pdf

It seems at this point F2 has filed for bankruptcy. However, they are making an offer to their creditors to allow them to continue business. As we know and learn more we will keep you informed.

We are very sorry to hear this news here at Bomber. We have been the US Distributor for F2 products for over six years now and their line of hardboot products has been a huge asset to the carving community. Keep in mind that this is not just affecting the carving world, F2 has been a major player in the softboot snowboarding and wind surfing industry for quite a long time.

We hope that F2 can recover from this, return to the market, and continue supplying carving gear to our community.

Glad I bought three heels and parts for cheap this season. But I think the assests will come round with another company and with a smaller budget for marketing and sales. Or with another name/sticker on it.

Trying to say something nice...

Fin, you'll be able to pick up the sales with other product.

After the way that company redirected certain events in your direction, I think corporate karma has finally come to pass...

I doubt any of the corporate mucky-mucks or lawyers will feel a thing. It will be the stock holders, employee's and the global alpine community that will feel the loss:(

Bob, does this mean you'll stop telling me to get a Speedster?

Man, that's a shame though. I've never used hardboot stepins, but I've used Rossi's softboot system, honestly, I find bails to be good and easy, until you hurt your back in a fall.

But being 14, that back pain lasts all of 10 minutes! Yay!

Thanks for the link Galen ... I really wanted to avoid the whole overseas shipping thing. I know yyz got their F2's only a month or so back - I'd ping Dave, except I just changed jobs and have zero $$ right now -until I start banking some billable hours...

Thanks for the link Galen ... I really wanted to avoid the whole overseas shipping thing. I know yyz got their F2's only a month or so back - I'd ping Dave, except I just changed jobs and have zero $$ right now -until I start banking some billable hours...

Yeah, that's where i'd go, but he has liability issues with the US:(

:eek:I realize there a lot of nay sayers about F2 but they make the heels man!!!

I think Silberfhiels are AWSOME (way underated)!!! Please sell me what ya got!!

I truly hope someone steps up and starts producing the heels or F2 get's it together. I am WAY too old, "husky" and inflexible to bend down for standard bails people!!!

i'm not a copyright/patent lawyer, but my guess is that even if F2 (eventually) goes completely under, one of two things will most likely happen:

1.) in recovering some revenue from the assets they own, i guess the Intec heel patent would be classed as an asset & might be auctioned/sold off to another company, who would then produce them.

2.) even if the patent is not auctioned off, i'm not sure whether you could "punish" another company by violating that patent in case the owner "does not exist". if not, then, again, we'd expect some other companies to step-in & produce the heels (not sure whether the pun was intended or not :confused: )

either way, i wouldn't think there's much to worry about - there's enough demand for Intecs out there that someone will take over.

i'm not a copyright/patent lawyer, but my guess is that even if F2 (eventually) goes completely under, one of two things will most likely happen:

1.) in recovering some revenue from the assets they own, i guess the Intec heel patent would be classed as an asset & might be auctioned/sold off to another company, who would then produce them.

2.) even if the patent is not auctioned off, i'm not sure whether you could "punish" another company by violating that patent in case the owner "does not exist". if not, then, again, we'd expect some other companies to step-in & produce the heels (not sure whether the pun was intended or not :confused: )

either way, i wouldn't think there's much to worry about - there's enough demand for Intecs out there that someone will take over.

All of they're alpine designs will be bought by Burton and shelved, the same way Shell bought the technology for electric car batteries. Who Killed the Intec Heel?: Coming soon to theaters near you.:lol: