Note to New Members ×

Stolen Boards

Michelle

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with williamblake. Get a police report. My wife had her skis stolen here in Ohio. She called all the local pawn shops and resale stores. The owner of a Play-it-again store called us back. It appeared that they had her skis. But he wanted to know if she filed a police report. No police report, no skis back. He also asked about the serial numbers and the original receipt.

I hope you find them.

man, that sucks, serious bad juju there

i hear about things like that happening around the smaller resorts here in the northeast, but aspen?! i heard you have to pay to cross into the city:rolleyes:

best of luck, if they show up on the east coast, ill be the first to pummle the guy riding it, whether he bought it or stole it:biggthump

This totally bites! Love the topsheet on the Piror - those groovy flowers have Michelle written all over 'em (grin) Good vibes your way and "you should be ashamed, what would your mother say, and you are *not* a nice person" vibes to the thieves...

Very kewel that you got a replacement for the Unity -- lots of good karma there!

Hi Michelle,

Good things happen to good people, I am glad you are back on a board. As for the degenerate thieves out there, they will get thier due too. Knowing my Priors, they would buck right up and put the hurt on any

illegitimate rider. Hopefully with the masses of BOL members on watch, your quiver will turn up soon!

See you in Aspen,

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they might have caught the bastards that were on a crime spree in Aspen during the two days I was there. http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20080202/NEWS/929644442/-1/ARCHIVES03

Unfortunately I called the detective and he said he didn't have any snowboards. They were arrested in Denver, so my boards could be anywhere by now. I want to punch them in the face.

Looks like they might have caught the bastards that were on a crime spree in Aspen during the two days I was there. http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20080202/NEWS/929644442/-1/ARCHIVES03

Unfortunately I called the detective and he said he didn't have any snowboards. They were arrested in Denver, so my boards could be anywhere by now. I want to punch them in the face.

Michelle - if I were you, I would start calling pawn shops in the Denver area. I would recommend starting with ones along Colfax.

Michelle - if I were you, I would start calling pawn shops in the Denver area. I would recommend starting with ones along Colfax.

I would keep prodding the detective, just because they don't have them anymore, doesn't mean that they can't figure out who they sold them to.

If they have a laptop/computer it would contain login cookies to ebay so that you can see what their username is (at the very least), if they sold it on ebay (or some other online community). If they sold it at a pawnshop, the cops may know which pawnshops they hit up ... don't give up!!!

Michelle, Sad to read about the loss of your gear. Please accept my gift of $100 to help you replace your boards. Let me know check or PayPal. Happy to help out, albeit in a small way. Rob

Hi Rob

So very sweet, but unnecessary....Lukily since I work in the industry I have some contacts that can help me out with my gear. As we speak, Chris is making me another board and since my friend Pete at Unity helped me with a board, the only thing I am missing right now is bindings for my Unity. That's so very nice, and maybe I'll let you buy me a beer at the SES instead ;)

:lol::lol:However, you definitely get BIG karma points for offering! What a nice person! It makes me feel really good just to know that there are people like you out there. Kind of cancels out the a*&holes that did the deed.:lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

one of my crew had his board stolen last spring off the summit.

we found it this week.:1luvu:

It was leaning against the summit house wall two days ago when we rode up. An employee had purchased it at a local pawnshop just weeks ago.

so don't give up hope this was 9 months between loss and recovery:biggthump