Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love the old D 8's, back then they were referred to as a CAT thats it, one size fit all DOZA .

I'll bet she'll run, a little ethanol, charge up the battery, clean fuel and she'll turn right the FUKK ova !!!!

Wanna talk about an upper body work out, run that CAT all day, you'll be a hurting pup. 

I brought about 16,000lbs worth of stumps to the stump dump last month, the guy pulled them off my trailer with a 1972 CAT 235, steel tracks, I thought the old timer was gonna drop dead. The running gear actually looked similar to an old WWII Panzer tank, it was a relic. 

Too many species in one pasture.  The clutch 'dogs' on the 'pony' starter are 'pooched', so the CAT won't purr.  We're doing an electric direct start conversion.

One of the incentives here is that when I get it running, I'll be knocking stuff over without consequence.  Spent a few minutes on the cable-blade 8 in the background a number of years ago erasing stumps.  That made quite the impression.

There's a King of Pop joke somewhere in this photo:

post-2631-0-42146700-1435799234_thumb.jp

More machine nonsense:

And hands free splitter for the big stuff (NH DMV compliance and all that):

Its funny, different tracks have different brand loyalty. That shot was taken at Warhead MX, its mostly Kawasaki's, probably because a couple large Kawi dealers are in the area. Wide open KX450F's with Yoshi pipes all day at that place, its throaty to say the least !!!!!!

Then you go out to Baldwinville Ma, Crow Hill MX, its primarily KTM's, thats due to the fact that the owner Robbie Marshall a former SX racer is still sponsed by KTM, and he has about 50 followers. Either way its all thumpers, which is good for the hangover that I usually bring with me !!!! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...