Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

Had "one " of those days at Cannon yesterday !! 

Mack had a race at FSC so I was going to Cannon regardless. I was either going to ride or sit in the bar with my fellow LRT social club members. I knew it was cold this week, and the Whities had gotten some freshies. In the back of my mind I had a hunch that it should be a good day up at Cannon. Friday, send a ski coach buddy of mine some questions who had a race at Cannon that day. New snow, how much, when, and the temp in Franconia the last couple days. His reply was short and sweet, " mint ".  

Sent one of my guys a text, he was in as I had a cheap ticket from FSC. 

So got LD6 all set up, once she skated away with her team, we were off. 

Front 5 drooling on the lift ride up,  it could not have gotten any better. Steeeeep and firm, could not have asked for better terrain anywhere else in the US yesterday for shralping. We were jonesing for profile, it was socked in, so couldn't see if the state had plowed the trail the night before. As we got over to the triple, we noticed Profile was not manicured.  I was internally devastated. That trail has it all, steep, wide, long and yes it's under the chair !! Checked out Ravine, which I stumbled upon a couple years ago, on a vacation week road trip with LD6. I've been wanting to shralp that for 2 years now. Went down it, but could see shit, as we were socked in. 

The hot cocoa was sub par, so far Sugar Loaf has the best hot cocoa in NE this year. Had a great run under the tram I think that run is called upper Cannon , not too steep, but wide,  the sun was out on that side, and yes it was under the 80 passenger tram !! Took that all the way down skiers right, the back to the front 5, great run. You could smell the 2 stroke and hear the braps going on all day while on the old triple as all the sled necks contributed to the oil dependency crisis, it was a slice of heaven. 

Afternoon, we went over to Mittersil, where LD6's race was happening. Took 2) runs down the super g coarse, 20' high B net, which gave me some confidence to spool up the turbo and roll coal. That run was wide, and had variable pitches as it's long and rolling. The GS/SL hill is as good as a training hill as I have seen in the States. The rope tow is a little barbaric, because it is a long ride, but it will work until Bode makes his contribution. Rumor has it , Holdy dumped most of the money into the newly cut trail !!

No secret here, fresh snow during the week, frigid temps Thursday and Friday, Cannon is good to go. Any other equation is going to lead to a harsh day up at exit 34. 

GFY's 

P.S one of Mack"s female teammates had boot gloves on .i..

Edited by MR. JOHN DEERE !
GFY

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

T32 Saturday romp at the GOONie bin ? 

There was also some talk amongst the MASSHOLE members of a T32 WT parking lot keg party one of these weekends. Any idea's ?

We still a BUD HD group, or have we slowly transitioned to Sugarloaf Zima's ultra fem's ?!?!?!? (boot gloves mandatory) 

I have the official LRT White Trash party on 4/1, but will be showing up around 5pm that day, as I have a prior commitment in the morning. T32 is more then welcome to join in the festivities, as the LRT give us verbal blow jobs all night.