Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like someone has Gilmour bias. I have it too.

I always thought of Gilmour bias as the inherent understanding that someone is full of s h i t based on little or no available information.

John's ideas might make sense sometimes but I ignore them due to Gilmour bias.

• Like 2

f=ma reminds me of a recent christian-gilmour-thidoedoo story

I first deadlifted 500 pounds on Christmas Eve of my 17th year. It happened in my bedroom of my parent's house.

My family and relatives were downstairs celebrating the holidays, but I preferred iron to the company of people. With nothing but the murmur of voices coming from downstairs to psyche me up, I pulled 500. I was super proud of myself, so I left the loaded bar on the floor as a testament to my accomplishment.

Moments later, one of my uncles came up to my room to fetch me to open presents. He saw the barbell on the floor and asked how heavy it was. I proudly told him but he didn't even raise an eyebrow.

"Can I try it?" he said.

Mind you this was a 50-year-old man that I didn't exactly figure to be a world-class athlete. "Sure," I said, "but don't you want to warm-up first?"

"Nah, I'll just try it like that," he answered.

And without any warm-up, knowledge of technique, or effort (or so it seemed), he picked up the barbell. He held it up and said, "So that's what you kids do to have fun?" He put it down gently and went back downstairs.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAAA

• Like 1

I ran Gilmour bias last weekend because it was SO fuhkin cold guy. My boots shrank and my front foot was so loose that the binding wouldn't stay closed.

So on the side of the hill I moved my heel block in on my front foot. I took care of the loose boot, it was by accident, but I can now say that was running JGFB instead of JDMFB.............brap !

STEVO:

The guy probably looked like a barrel of bourbon with two tree trunks for legs and T-rex arms. 

Natural-born strength!

JMFD:  That's the opposite of JGFB, but he invented that too!  AKA Anti-JGFB

Edited by polaris

BOBL - Weekend warriors and I say that with great hesitation. The warrior part..............................!!!!

How many lodges can you go to at Loon in 3hrs ? 

a) none

b) 2

c) 3

d) all of them and GFY's

Why visit each lodge ?

a) hot cocoa

b) the bar is open 

c) cold feet

d) all of the above 

Why stay in the lodge until 11:30 pm ?

a) because they didn't close at 7pm like usual 

b) Pats pre and post game and then the otha game

c) my boots were still cold

d) thats when my mush buddy was shut off

e) all of the above 

" Yo bro....................my bad.............. But you didn't need to call me fukkin idiot in front of my crew like that bro, That's not cool bro "

Ok guy........gfy and be on your way. Do you not, see the 2 guyz behind me bro, yeah they both bench ova 300lbs, and we all have grey beards......hint, hint ? Oh yeah I forgot, I just picked you up while we intertwined as one heading towards the woods and placed you back on your feet, bro !

See the way I saw it was like this:
3 jibbin retards, hitting every possible object off the side of the trail, with failure on 100% of the jibs. 1st thing in the morning, bad light, etc, etc. Then all of a sudden one jibber has his huck tray pointed directly between my boots and was closing in on me fast. So yes I grabbed him, man handled him, picked him up and put him down without much contact, other than a huge ding on my 10 year old kessler, and yes I called him a fukkin idiot. I thought he deserved it. 

Difficulty - 8 points. Them just being on the mountain before 1:00pm is a minor miracle. 

Execution of tricks - 0 points. They scrubbed and ate $hit every time thier boards left the snow. 
Pipe use -  10 points. They did use the whole thing. They are not the 1st group of A$$-holes to use that trail as a personal 1/4 mile long 1/4 pipe.

Amplitude -  0 points. 

Overall Impression - 18 out of 40, no second run, comp ova bra thanks for coming and please don't come back !!

Edited by MR. JOHN DEERE !

I think it's like Gilmour on steroids on that site. Did you read the one about the actor who gained 40 pounds in 3 months and is repping 425 on his rack pulls or dead squats, whatever the hell those are. If you ask them, it's all about the supplements.

Maybe he shoulda spent some time at the range firing the MacMillan TAC 338

Edited by polaris

Old. Man. Strength. For anyone who doesn’t believe it (which at this point is kind of like not believing in gravity) there’s all the proof you need. That old ass dude can barely walk, but when danger strikes he turns into The Hulk. Catching chairs like they were air, snapping brooms with his finger tips, fighting off crazy chicks. He was a monster. But that’s what living on this here earth for 50+ years does to a person, it turns you into stone.

Edited by stevo

lol tough old graybeard

hey KIDS don’ fight old MEN they’re tougher than you

they're men you’re boys

they listen to rock and roll you listen to pop

they drink whiskey and bourbon you drink light fruit beer 

they have bushes you're manscaped metrosexuals 

everything they do is infinitely more masculine than what you do

i don’t care how big you are or how gray his beard is, don’t F with them you will get your face stomped every time.