Note to New Members ×

Return of Bruce

Gabe T

On 12/4/2018 at 10:19 PM, Gabe T said:

We had some early season snow that got us off to a fairly early start to the season around here.

This was the first day back on the hill for Bruce since his knee replacement.  Seemed like a success.... Except for hikes back to the car to switch up boards,  he rode for over 5 straight hours without a break!  : )

Nice ! Is a good day ! 💪💪💪

From the Coiler site. Perhaps after a million years, and maybe after that one time that he actually singed those mitts on the wood stove at holiday valley.... he retired them. Wow. 

Nah. That will never happen. 

The man deserves his legend status. Even more than admiring his riding, I was always blown away by how honest and humble he was. All the while tearing it up. Constantly looking to improve his boards.

DSC_0182.thumb_.JPG.2b3bb5902450a9c02600bd50dcfdaf8c.jpg

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, alpinegirl said:

I was always blown away by how honest and humble he was.

My experience mirrors yours :biggthump.

Me: Hi Bruce, I'm after a new snowboard, I want something that performs like 'xxx'. I think I am really smart and have narrowed it down to exactly 'yyy' specs :cool:.

Bruce: Yeah .. nah :nono:. You want 'zzz' specs. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it. 

Me: *orders 'zzz' specs* rides exactly like 'xxx'. :smashfrea

Best NA board builder, by far, in my humble opinion. For the price (and disregarding price except perhaps getting into astronomical Oxess/Kessler CUSTOM territory), he's the best.:1luvu:

Edited by daveo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, alpinegirl said:

The man deserves his legend status. Even more than admiring his riding, I was always blown away by how honest and humble he was. All the while tearing it up. Constantly looking to improve his boards.

I wish there was something more than a 'like' button. Alpinegirl nailed it! 

My experience also mirrors Daveo's: 

Me: "I want a Monster 182." 

Bruce: "You probably want a 160s AM VSR. ... slalom core ... versatile ... something else my feeble brain didn't understand..." 

Me: rides a 167 AM VSR a year later and can't give him my money fast enough. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2018 at 4:31 PM, ThePeonsChamp said:

What model was he riding there?

Not sure.  He was testing out a huge batch of boards that day and that was one of the ones near the end of the day.  I recall it was built for a lighter rider .