Note to New Members ×

2024 MCC Canceled

dredman

Whitefish and Schweitzer are the bigger, taller plays.  Whitefish tops out at 6800', Schweitzer at 6400'.  Both are similar size and have similar show depths right now (60+" summit, 20+" base).  Enough to survive the rain.

Lookout Pass is about a third the size and half the vertical, but usually gets plenty of snow.  However, it tops out at 5650'.  Snow depths are 46" and 18".

Silver falls between.  It is about half the size of the big boys, but similar vertical and good enough summit depth (50+"). 

Buddy passes at Whitefish are $62.  Each passholder gets a few.  If you are diverting to Whitefish, let me know.  We may be able to find remaining buddy passes.

If you want to road trip to even higher elevations, options are Lake Louise or Sunshine Village in Canada, both about 5 hours from Kalispell, and Big Sky about 6 hours south east. 

Schweitzer, Lake Louise, Sunshine Village, and Big Sky are on IKON pass if you have one.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, johnasmo said:

If you want to road trip to even higher elevations, options are Lake Louise or Sunshine Village in Canada, both about 5 hours from Kalispell, and Big Sky about 6 hours south east. 

Revelstoke has snow.  There's a deeper base here than any of these other resorts above, and the warm up won't take much of it.  After tonight's snow we're expecting dry conditions with some sun this week.  Warm, but the freezing level will only touch the top chair momentarily.  Should be pretty good on the upper chairs.

I'll be riding all week, HMU for some company.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjnakata said:

Cancelled...this makes me sad and I wasn't even going! 😢

Echo.

Sad for Dave and Kristen. Sad for all those who were planning to go. Sad for the people of Libby who welcome attendees and who ride Turner through its season.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SunSurfer said:

Echo.

Sad for Dave and Kristen. Sad for all those who were planning to go. Sad for the people of Libby who welcome attendees and who ride Turner through its season.

Agreed. I know Dave puts his heart and soul into these events, and this is a real shame. 

• Like 1

So unfortunate…. Thanks Dave and Kristen for organizing MCC.  Mother Nature seems to have other plans…

I am in Schweitzer parking lot watching the rain wash all the snow away…. I converted my lift ticket to a  voucher for 1 day there good for 1 year…. I may try my luck on Friday on my way back to Spokane…

Heading towards Libby, and will head onwards to Whitefish for the next few days…

See some of you at the roller rink tonight.

Cheers,

Tim

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, timbox18 said:

So unfortunate…. Thanks Dave and Kristen for organizing MCC.  Mother Nature seems to have other plans…

I am in Schweitzer parking lot watching the rain wash all the snow away…. I converted my lift ticket to a  voucher for 1 day there good for 1 year…. I may try my luck on Friday on my way back to Spokane…

Heading towards Libby, and will head onwards to Whitefish for the next few days…

See some of you at the roller rink tonight.

Cheers,

Tim

That’s what I’ve been observing in Australia for the last few years.

But damn, never thought this would happen in America!

So very sorry! Having  planned 5 ECES events with a team over the years I know how much goes into planning an event and the stress that comes with it. My heart goes out to Dave and Kristen. Weather is the biggest stress leading up to the event that you have no control over.@dredmanhand in there buddy we all love ya!  Burnout is a big concern for events like this, enhance why there is no more ECES on the East Coast. 

• Like 4