Note to New Members ×

OT: waaaaaaay OT....

Aisling

You fine ladies might try changing a few things and a $$hole guys might be nice guys after all.

A couple of suggestions and these are just suggestions:

First, don't tell us how big the diamond has to be or in other words

Do not say this "It better be bigger than hers"

Second, if you work and earn a good living why not try taking him away for the weekend, you make all the arrangements, you drive, you make dinner reservations, let him just go for the ride once in a while.

Third, when you are over at his house, leave the toilet lid up when you are done.

Fourth, never say "Are you wearing that?" Just change your clothes to match his appearance once in awhile, who knows he might just get the point and dress up on his own.

Fifth, try making the first move yourself for a change? Why do we always have to be the instigator when it comes to making whoopee?

Sixth, Wash his car sometime.... damn you might find him washing the dishes in exchange.

You see it is all about balance. Most everything in life does better when it is balanced well.

Ok let the female hate mail start... It is ok. Fire away.

;)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by C5 Golfer

First, blah blah

Second, blah blah

Third, blah blah

Fourth, blah blah

Fifth, blah blah

Sixth, blah blah

;)

I'm starting it.

Are you kidding me with this???? Who says these things??

I would only care if the diamond stud in my belly ring was smaller than the one in his tongue ring :)

Did you see the list of why women over 40 are so fantastic???

Who are you people? Better yet, who have you been dating? lonerider, you should worry. Oh I get it, this is how I SHOULD act if I want to keep a guy - gosh I've been so mislead.

How about you get to know a girl first, and not ASS-U-ME that she is just like the "norm" and is going to do lame things like that???

I'm starting it.

Are you kidding me with this???? Who says these things??

I would only care if the diamond stud in my belly ring was smaller than the one in his tongue ring :)

Did you see the list of why women over 40 are so fantastic???

Who are you people? Better yet, who have you been dating? lonerider, you should worry. Oh I get it, this is how I SHOULD act if I want to keep a guy - gosh I've been so mislead.

How about you get to know a girl first, and not ASS-U-ME that she is just like the "norm" and is going to do lame things like that???

AMEN SISTA!

:D

Fifth, try making the first move yourself for a change? Why do we always have to be the instigator when it comes to making whoopee?

Sixth, Wash his car sometime.... damn you might find him washing the dishes in exchange.

You see it is all about balance. Most everything in life does better when it is balanced well.

Ok let the female hate mail start... It is ok. Fire away.

;)

That's my philosophy too. I wish my wife would realize that but to no avail. And I do most of the dishes.

That's my philosophy too. I wish my wife would realize that but to no avail. And I do most of the dishes.

actually those 2 things are things i do gladly. i love car washing! in fact i'm washin my brand new car tomorrow :)

actually those 2 things are things i do gladly. :)

There are a couple of things on the list I do gladly as well, and some others I won't even begin to quote on. Like this one :" don't tell us how big the diamond has to be". I can't IMAGINE saying that! I can't even imagine talking about a diamond in the first place. Large rings just get in the way of gloves and doing cool stuff, not to mention you can scratch the bejeezus out of someone and yourself with those things!

who the hell talks about diamonds? what kind of insanity is that?

who are you guys dating????

good lord.

i got this problem of guys ASSuming that is what i am after... they're all crazy. CrAzY. if i wanted to be married, i could have been married about 6 times by now.

:rolleyes:

Look Michelle, if it is that much of a concern to you, I will try my best to bring along a good looking single guy with an Aussie accent just for you to SES next year. How about that?

Aisling, do you want to place an order too???

Look Michelle, if it is that much of a concern to you, I will try my best to bring along a good looking single guy with an Aussie accent just for you to SES next year. How about that?

It's not that it's a concern to me, but as long as you are offering just make sure he is "normal" and not a psycho stalking woman hating self centered egotistical ass that can't see beyond his own world. Oh wait, that's asking too much, right?

Aisling, I don't get it either. Talk about diamonds? What is that? I don't know where these guys find their women. People never assume that men want to get married, so why do they assume it with us? It's not like they are our only hope for a fulfilling life, or we won't go on living without them. Not refering to any one on this forum, but guys spread the word to GIVE IT UP. This ain't 1955 anymore. I've got my own life to live and I just want to share it with someone that wants to have fun, not overtake theirs. I don't have that much time :o .

Aisling / Michelle

As we travel through this treasure hunt; we call life, We I know (I )have made some Dumb choice"s when I picked a partner...And I've paid the price!

:smashfrea Take your time look for some one with the below qualifications ! there are a few out there ! But will you Recognize them when you meet them???????????

Love secrets from Casanova

By Susan Swan

Born in Venice in 1725, Giacomo Casanova was a soldier, adventurer, spy, novelist—and perhaps the most famous ladies’ man in history. Men often assume Casanova was so successful with women because he possessed some secret knowledge of the female body or was a master of 18th-century aphrodisiacs. Casanova did like to feed oysters to his companion with his lips, but his reputation as one of the world’s greatest lovers was built not on secret potions or bedroom tricks, but on the fact that he adored women and devoted himself to them, heart and soul. Here are some reasons women loved Casanova as ardently as he loved them:

He thought every woman was special. No Bo Derek clones or one-to-ten rankings for Casanova. He loved one woman at a time, and although he lavished compliments on them, his praise was based on what made each woman unique. Nothing was too insignificant to mention; he may have admired the way she ate a peach. (When he met Henriette, his greatest love, she was disguised as a soldier; he told her he admired her "whimsical" uniform.) He also liked intelligence and believed that an ugly, witty woman seduced through the charms of her mind.

How can you put this lesson into practice? Look for what makes a woman different from everyone else, and tell her how much you appreciate it—one unique comment can be a hundred times more appreciated than a generic "you’re so beautiful."

He loved listening to women talk. Many women read books by or about men to find out what men think, but how many men read books to learn about women? No such fears troubled Casanova. Proud of his masculinity, he would be shocked by anyone who thought it was unmanly to listen to women talk. He once famously said, "I’ve never made love to a woman whose language I didn’t speak because I like to enjoy myself in all my senses at once." In his view, good conversation was the best foreplay—the first step in a seduction—and he liked both partners to take pleasure in it. So instead of taking the conversational lead on your next date, try engaging your date on a topic she’s really interested in talking about. You might be surprised by what she has to say.

He treasured and respected women as friends. Being friends with women was just as important to Casanova as being lovers—he wasn’t out to degrade or debauch. He once remarked that women were like books: You need to read more than the title in order to enjoy them. Because of his deep respect for women, he would never "love ’em and leave ’em"—in fact, he maintained close friendships with many of his lovers all his life. It may sound obvious, but treating a potential date with the same attention and respect you’d give to any friend will go a long way toward winning her heart.

He lived life to its fullest. Casanova felt that happiness was the world’s greatest aphrodisiac. He knew that pursuing pleasure and love wasn’t a distraction from personal fulfillment, but a worthy end in itself, and he would have laughed at our stressed-out, overachieving culture. To be loved by Casanova was to be well-fed and sensually satiated. Why not take a cue from him? Slow down and celebrate your life. A passion for living is always irresistible.

((((G))))

"Whatever, don't assume all of our clocks are ticking. So what do you call a mid-life crisis?"

Sometimes what appears to be a mid-life crisis is really just a guy deciding that he can finally afford that sports car he's wanted all his life. After all, certain things are fun no matter how old you are. When I see an older guy driving a new Corvette, I think "right on, I want to be like that guy when I'm his age". Especially if he's got some hot 25 year old girlfriend.

Just kidding about the girlfriend.

If he's traded in his wife for the girlfriend, that may not indicate a mid-life crisis, it probably just means he's a dirtbag.

Sometimes what appears to be a mid-life crisis is really just a guy deciding that he can finally afford that sports car he's wanted all his life. After all, certain things are fun no matter how old you are. When I see an older guy driving a new Corvette, I think "right on, I want to be like that guy when I'm his age". Especially if he's got some hot 25 year old girlfriend.

Just kidding about the girlfriend.

If he's traded in his wife for the girlfriend, that may not indicate a mid-life crisis, it probably just means he's a dirtbag.

heh... here's a funny lil story for all you middle aged guys thinkin dating a 25 yr old would be great...

one of my friends, jen, was dating this dude about 15-20 yrs older than her... he used to go on and on about this situation... but knowin her, i knew it wasn't going to last. poor old dude said he was all in love and in the end, she dumped him for someone much closer to her own age.

i guess those may/dec things can work, but i've never actually *seen* it.

I think it works best if the woman has a mental problem that causes guys her own age to stay away from her.

Example:

In the short term, if she's really spoiled and bitchy, an older guy might tolerate that for the privilege of getting some of that action, where guys her own age will instinctively steer clear of her.

It works the same way for men:

Girls that are 20-25 don't know the difference between a well-adjusted normal guy and a loser who has a hard time relating to women in his age group. She's easily impressed, and flattered that a mature guy likes her, so she'll date the guy until she's around age 28. At this point she figures out that the guy isn't as impressive as she first thought, and that she could do a lot better. She will then jump ship.

This leads to a true middle-age crisis: The guy realizes he probably isn't going to lure another young hottie, and if he does, he knows it'll probably end the same way. Yet he recoils at the idea of dating a mature, not-so-attractive, THINKING woman who will challenge him. He now faces a time of change; if he is optimistic, he buys some new clothes, maybe Hawaiian shirts, grows a mustache, and buys a sportbike. If he gives up, he grows a beard, gains weight, watches a lot of TV and thinks about buying a garage full of tools and building a chopper.

He now faces a time of change; if he is optimistic, he buys some new clothes, maybe Hawaiian shirts, grows a mustache, and buys a sportbike. If he gives up, he grows a beard, gains weight, watches a lot of TV and thinks about buying a garage full of tools and building a chopper.

Are those the only 2 options? No wonder guys are freaks if they think that is all they have to look forward to.

What about the attractive, over 35 woman who doesnt' have her head up her butt, is succesful, spontaneous, doesn't have kids or divorced, and is witty, but yet will stand up for herself in a respectful way? You know, they are out there although I am starting to think they are rare ;) Oh yea, and that don't talk about stupid things like diamonds.