Note to New Members ×

OT: waaaaaaay OT....

Aisling

this almost belongs in the 'heard it in the lift line' thread, but it wasnt really about alpine.

Drifting into the take off zone on a t-bar (no queue first thing in the morning) after my first run, one of the cute lifties stepped forward and stopped me momentarily with a hand on my arm;

liftie: "where are my flowers!?"

me: "sorry, i left them on the kitchen table .."

ski patrol dude, sotto voce: "smooth. Just like his turns."

nice!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's something I read today, that speaks to what you guys have been talking about.

"You deserve someone who has arrived in their ability to be present, to Love you as best they can, to be as emotionally available as they can. You deserve it. And there’s no need to try to coax it out of them underneath the wounds, old stories and scars.

This is your romantic partner we are talking about – not your client. You are not their therapist, life coach or mother. You are their lover and you deserve someone who can show up for you in all ways. And promptly admit their mistakes.

So, do you want a project or do you want a Lover? It’s very hard to have both at the same time. I say, this Valentine’s Day – you deserve a real romantic partner.

Honestly, have you turned red flags into a project? How’s that working out for you? "

Here's something I read today, that speaks to what you guys have been talking about.

"You deserve someone who has arrived in their ability to be present, to Love you as best they can, to be as emotionally available as they can. You deserve it. And there’s no need to try to coax it out of them underneath the wounds, old stories and scars.

This is your romantic partner we are talking about – not your client. You are not their therapist, life coach or mother. You are their lover and you deserve someone who can show up for you in all ways. And promptly admit their mistakes.

So, do you want a project or do you want a Lover? It’s very hard to have both at the same time. I say, this Valentine’s Day – you deserve a real romantic partner.

Honestly, have you turned red flags into a project? How’s that working out for you? "

^ That's a nice post, Michelle, with a good general vibe. I do think that we're all 'projects' though, and I really struggled until recently to be emotionally available to my partners. It was mostly because of the support of my current partner that I was able to overcome that!

To me, the key lies in how you view the project. Many people see their partner as the project; they say that they love them, but wish to change certain things about their character or behavior. This typically ends in one person's disappointment, right?

Instead, if you choose a partner and love them completely for who they are, and see yourself as the project, then you can support each other in your respective evolutions through life. The fact that any motivation to change comes from within rather than from your partner in this scenario is very empowering and healthy.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to be retrieving this thread from page two with bad news, but....

The love of my life, dearest companion, co-star of the SkES thread and truly dedicated snow dog - sweet Rabbit passed away today. Rest in paradise my little grrrr-animal. Off you go over the Rainbow Bridge, where there will be a never ending supply of snow balls to catch and bunnies to chase.

post-6122-141842417172_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842417179_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842417182_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear of the passing of your friend. That is the hard part about owning pets. We almost always outlive them.

We had to put our greyhound (Annie) to sleep in May. It was really hard as well. I tried to make it as peaceful as I could.

She was the sweetest pet I have ever owned.post-3612-141842417184_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thank you for kind thoughts. John E, Annie looks like a sweetheart - sorry your beautiful companion is gone. Six weeks out, I still expect to turn around and see Rabbit's ears pop up if I make a move toward the kitchen. I borrow the neighbor's dog sometimes to go for hikes, but I find myself calling Rabbit's name. It's just hard to let them go sometimes....

• 3 weeks later...

I kept trying to fill the food bowl. I have other dogs too, so when I lost one it was just a habit to try and put food in his bowl as well. Over a year later, I miss him every single day. :( His brother is in ill health and I'm wondering how much longer I have with him. BTW, he's 15 yrs, 7 months, 3 days.

I am so very very sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friends. I too lost my sweet Bear Dog last summer.

Meet Zepp!! He is the newest member of the family. He is a rescue from the local reservation and a perfect mix of who know what varieties!

post-3878-141842417871_thumb.jpg

post-3878-141842417869_thumb.jpg

post-3878-141842417873_thumb.jpg

Edited by dredman

• 4 weeks later...
  • Jack M locked this topic