• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Randy S.
Originally posted by Michelle

As I grow in age, I value women who are over 40 most of all. Here

are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 40 will never wake you in the middle of the night to

ask, What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think.

+1

A woman over 40 looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is

not true of younger women or drag queens.

True

Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 40 is far sexier

than her younger counterpart.

And in my experience, way better in bed.

Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons.

Unfortunately, it's not always reciprocal. For every stunning,

smart, well-coiffed, hot woman of 40+, there is a bald, paunchy

relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year-

old waitress.

Hey, watch it! I resemble that remark (well all but the yellow pants and 22 year-old waitress)

Andy Rooney - never PC

What did I mean by my comment about lots of good looking women over 40? What I meant was that we have lots of good looking woment in California. This is in contrast to my experience living in New England, where the women are just so-so looking in general (sorry Ais - I'm sure you are great looking, but I don't know since the only photo you've posted is of your chest :D). Women of all ages are great looking in CA, especially the ones over 40, who are great looking and fun to be with.

Originally posted by Randy S.

This is in contrast to my experience living in New England, where the women are just so-so looking in general

You might think so, but I'll never forget my admissions tour at the University of New Hampshire (which is where I ended up going) - that place is a friggin' hotbed of 9s and 10s. I have no explanation for why this is, but day-em! I practically had to wear a jock just to walk across campus!

Ha! This thread is a riot. :) I'm 42, and very much in love for the first time in my life (with a wonderful woman/carver/motorcyclist/bicyclist/kayaker/hang glider pilot named Holly).

Let me just say for the record that for the first 40 years of my life, I was a DUMBASS. Too self-centered, letting the little head do the thinking, etc. Got married and divorced twice. Sometimes it takes a while for us to grow up (guys and girls alike).

Sorry guys in your 20s...but when you're 40, you'll realize what an idiot you were! (Even if you did have some fun.)<grin>

Scott

Originally posted by SWriverstone

Sorry guys in your 20s...but when you're 40, you'll realize what an idiot you were! (Even if you did have some fun.)<grin>

Scott

Hopefully there are some guys older than 20 that will realize this as well. Congrats man! Holly is a lucky woman to have someone that appreciates a good person in their life. (gosh, I'm such a romantic....) Hope she is doing well, by the way!

Originally posted by Michelle

Hopefully there are some guys older than 20 that will realize this as well. Congrats man! Holly is a lucky woman to have someone that appreciates a good person in their life. (gosh, I'm such a romantic....) Hope she is doing well, by the way!

Thanks Michelle! :) Holly's doing great---she got the last bits of metal removed from her jaws this morning---WOOHOO! We've been kayaking (just flatwater for now, but whitewater soon) and cycling...and Holly wants to fly again before long!

Scott

Neil - that's sensational and sure to get results.

My favorite Personals Ad was from a woman who started her ad with this: "Let's get one thing straight from the start. I HATE long walks on beaches!!"

Okay, thanks for the post about women over 40-I'm 41 and, I must say, I resemble that remark, esp. the one about wondering what you think of me-Honey, I don't care-if you're my friend, you must think I'm okay....

As for online services, if you are HONEST and you find someone who was also honest, it's fine...The best thing about Sam was he was outdoorsy-I liked him before I ever saw him. We spent about 6 weeks emailing and calling before the first date, mainly because we both had kids and wanted to be careful. I liked the fact that we had mutual interests and then were attracted to each other, rather than the attraction begetting a search for mutual interests, like with my ex-

Sam was also the person who suggested snowboarding-he's a skiier in love with Lake Tahoe and I was a 38 year old with a twice operated on rt. knee....Skiing was out since I was 17-I specifically asked both operating surgeons in 81 and 89 and they both said "No"...

So the fact I'm even here is due to Sam...

Of course, I am obsessed with snowboarding, now.....

I assured him I won't be buying anything new THIS year, though..

Originally posted by skatha

Hmmm, I'll stick with my current method of the calendar year--that way I can peruse the end of season sales....with your reckoning, I'm out 'til next year (I just promised him just last week)

Aww.... that's my problem too... my company gives awards me my extra week of vacation on the first of the calendar year *following* my three years of service... which is next week... so I don't get awarded my third week until next year... and then it takes a full year to accrue... so my 3rd year award will be usuable two weeks shy of my fifth year at the company.

Originally posted by ncermak

always willing to help out a fellow new hampshire boy...I used to live in Newbury and ride sunapee...I know how hard it is find a good one in the area.

Aisling - Dont be afraid of younger men! RUS-TY RUS-TY RUS-TY!!!!

lmao. YOUNGER? if it takes rusty 6 yrs to join the 40s group it means he is 34... which is OLDER than i am.

haha

Originally posted by lonerider

Aww.... that's my problem too... my company gives awards me my extra week of vacation on the first of the calendar year *following* my three years of service... which is next week... so I don't get awarded my third week until next year... and then it takes a full year to accrue... so my 3rd year award will be usuable two weeks shy of my fifth year at the company.

Yuck...I started out my new job with a vacation-they were so desperate to hire me that they didn't care...But I'll never have more than 3 weeks vacation and I'll never get a raise. Which is at least decent, because most docs I know, their salary is going DOWN....

Guest Randy S.
Originally posted by joecarve

OT on an OT thread, so I figure it's legal: check out this rant on craigslist that someone pointed me to a while ago: Hey Crackhead.

joe...

Joe,

Apparently that happens all the time in SF. I read about it all the time over on BARF and SBR (more on BARF). BARF = Bay Area Riders Forum, another forum where I waste time during the day.

Let's get back on topic here. Where are those pics of Michelle and Aisling? Like I said:

ttiwwp.gif

how did I miss this thread ? I used to say m-m-m-m-m-marriage like Billy Bibbit but at 40 anos it's put life in perspective.Planning for the future ? I was always waiting for the next snowstorm. Alot of my friends are now divorced and bitter at 40.K-k-k-k-kids? I'm warming up to the concept. BTW, I only met Rusty once but he does seem like the "nice guy" type for sure. This is last February in Brasil just after the big 4-0.

post-123-141842204469_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Steve Dold

Enough about marriage. Been there, done that. I have a boss at work, why would I want one at home? What I do need is a maid. heh heh

Can't imagine why you are still single. I know you're just lookin' to push buttons STEVE :)

I can't help it Michelle, sorry :rolleyes:

Actually being married wasn't so bad. I am probably one of the very few divorced guys who still gets along great with his ex. Not having kids and her not caring about keeping the house helped a LOT.

So I can vouch for marriage. Just make sure she isn't a lesbian first. If she watches a lot of Xena the Warrior Princess, and wears a lot of plaid, watch out.

Originally posted by Steve Dold

I can't help it Michelle, sorry :rolleyes:

Actually being married wasn't so bad. I am probably one of the very few divorced guys who still gets along great with his ex. Not having kids and her not caring about keeping the house helped a LOT.

So I can vouch for marriage. Just make sure she isn't a lesbian first. If she watches a lot of Xena the Warrior Princess, and wears a lot of plaid, watch out.

you married a lesbian? did you just think you had it made when she wanted to come to the strip clubs too? ;)