Note to New Members ×

OT: waaaaaaay OT....

Aisling

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in conclusion... people remain single because they are wimps. and this, in a carving forum. pfft.

:rolleyes:

All good points, but I agree with Aisling. I know it's not just men that act crazy, but it seems those are the stories you always hear about. You hardly ever hear of a woman who broke up with her husband because she wanted to drive a corvette and run around with a 19 yr old guy.

You hardly ever hear of a woman who broke up with her husband because she wanted to drive a corvette and run around with a 19 yr old guy.

I'm not so sure I agree with that...Several of my friends (all good guys who you would both be lucky to find...and they lucky to find you) have had wives leave them...chasing the bigger better deal. on the contrary, none of my female friends have been left by the wayside. Perhaps its the side of the story we hear...

and back to my earlier point: RUSTY RUSTY RUSTY...

come Ais...give him a call. go to his party...what have you got to lose?

Sorry Michelle, gotta call you on that one too.

I was married (a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...) and she left me for the bigger house and nicer car. Didn't matter that I was hard working and treated her like gold. It boiled down to the fact that she wanted the upgrade. You should've seen the emails the I found between the two of them...it was like a shopping list of what trips he would bring her on and where they would live and what she would drive. One of them even broke down his investments and when they would come maturity. Didn't matter that he was also married and had three small children (all under 5), he wanted a bit of a trophy wife and she wanted the cash...sounds like a cute couple don't they. :barf:

I should've listened to her father a little closer when he pulled me aside one day and told me that..." She has champagne tastes on a beer budget." Oh well, it was years ago and I dropped my baggage on the courthouse steps.

Noah, thanks for pulling for me like that...Come up to Sunapee Mtn. (I'm supposed to be working with patrol this year) I've got a pass with your name on it.

Yep, I'll agree that my case may (hopefully) be the exception, but you did say that..."You hardly ever hear of a woman who broke up with her husband because she wanted to drive a corvette and run around with a 19 yr old guy.", unfortunatley it does happen. The trick is to get over it and keep moving.

So I essentially got traded in...so what, I'm supposed to be bitter and judgemental torwards women, I don't think so! Who is that gonna help, certianly not me, certialy not anyone that I want to bring into my life.

The only thing that I kept emotionally from that experience is knowing that I would never cheat/lie on/to someone that I cared about like that. I had zero respect for her afterwards because I found out what she'd been up to (after she left) and she could never own up to it. If she had said that she fell in love with someone else, I could understand (sort of). But to let me wallow for a few months thinking that I had done something to screw up the marrige beyond the point of no return...that's some cold hearted sh*t.

If you judge a current relationship based on their past relationships then you are destioned to fail in any relationship. Everyone is different and every relationship is different and should be treated as such.

Oh well, it was such a long time ago it's comical now...

Rusty-

Little do you realize that you are talking to an old Sunapee boy. Lived on the lake for 4 years, Coached the Sunapee snowboard team, worked down at skinners (Frank still gives a great tune, if you can't hit PTC) Love that hill. Unfortuantely, I haven't had the time to get there in 3 years, but this year, It is a priority.

and who knows, I just may find the time to come out for your little shindig...

Michelle~Nah, not trying to make points with anyone, just saying my piece. If someone likes what I have to say then all the better, if not...oh well.

(boy the internet is great...I can get my balls busted by someone I met once, and she's 2000 miles away...heh heh heh)

Noah~ Come on over it was a great party last year. I had over a hundred people in my little back yard throughout the night. If not try and come up to Sunapee, I'll be there every other weekend.

Guest Randy S.
Okay, so if this goes down, I trust we can all expect a "ride report" to be posted here???

:eplus2::eplus2::nono: Oh so many metaphorical possibilities...

soft

wet

slippery

slid out

skid marks

camber

angles

taper

moguls

stiffness

flex

Imma get :flamethro for this.

Guest lonecarver

Randy,

It's a corvette not chevette. My daily ride is a Toyota 4X4. Also it's been my experience that most people think guys that drive corvettes are ***holes. I've never used material things to pick up women I'm too poor. Just manage my money well so I can afford my toys, being single helps. My friends tell me I'm just one of those very lucky guy that seems to meet women, even in places you wouldn't expect.

Sometimes a break-ups happen. Does not mean one was dumped or the was upgraded. Things just do not fit. A couple of examples and I know I am opening up for criticism but what the hey!

These would have happened with or without the Corvette BTW,

Disclaimer:The names have been changed to protect the innocent:

Jennifer: I did not have Chippendale furniture in my house and did not wear a tie to work!

Julie, she looked great a distance but up close the makeup was ½” deep.

Sue, she wanted to know how much money I made on our first date.

Nancy, wonderful lady, One of the few with whom I would have trusted my life, but a non- practicing Lutheran (me) and a devoted 7th Day Adventist (her) just does not work.

Carole, she was great except for one thing. Her friggen dog. Chewed up my furniture and doors and was uncontrollable. She said “love me , love my dog.” I said Ok, been nice knowing you! I now hate pets and are now not allowed in a relationship.

Kelly, too dependant and needy. Had no life except what she took from me. Liked sex tho!!!

Kathy, Too negative on life, All I ever heard about was how bad things were at work and how life has treated her. Felt she should play the hand she was dealt but she argued otherwise. I think she felt if she constantly complained life would get better. How I dreaded calling her at night.

Elaine, Loved to ski and loved excitement but she needed more than I could give.

Marie, WowWow. Didn’t last long. Loved diamonds.

And last but not least Del, the psycho bit##. Read above. Damn lucky I did not go to jail cuz of her, I say that only because the guy usually get the blame. Only lady and I use the term loosely that needed to be slapped but never did. She hit me but I would not strike back, mom and dad would not have been happy if I did.

There are others but time for bed. I am tired just thinking about the past, but would not trade for a million$$$, most were great fun and memeories. Oh, yea forgot about the Ex- wife ... she still is a great friend 34 yrs after divorce.

Guest FlyinSolo

man if I lived back east Id love to check out rustys party.

been on both sides of this argument. painful each time. we live in a fallen society my mom says. we're all messed up

I can understand all the others. What about this one?? What does that mean, needed more than I could give?

She felt she deserved trips to Aspen or wherever, mentioned one past boyfriend bought her a car, quite materialistic. Basically wanted to put on a show for everyone around her and I am not a show type person.

That explains it. Just don't understand some people, thinking they are better/more deserving than a "real" person. Check this out:

A crowded United Airlines flight was canceled. A single agent was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travelers. Suddenly an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk.

He slapped his ticket on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight and it has to be FIRST CLASS."

The agent replied, "I am sorry, sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but, I've got to help these folks first, and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out."

The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"

Without hesitating, the agent smiled and grabbed her public address microphone, "May I have your attention please, "she began, her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal. "We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Gate 14."

With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the United agent, gritted his teeth and swore "F*** You!".

Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry sir, you'll have to get in line for that too."

So if what C5 Golfer says is what is out there in the dating scene, what are guys looking for in a prospective partner? SERIOUSLY?

Fun + no drama + reasonable human being + not already taken + interested in me.

Fun is easy.

Fun + no drama + reasonable human being is like 5%.

+ not already taken = .1%.

+ interested in me = 0%. Short guys are like fat girls unless they are super alpha male; we are padlocked to the dead center of the deepest level of the friend zone.