• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have not looked at this post for a while

But I do find it interesting & enjoyable

& at times some pretty good stuff !!!!!

The battle of the sexes shall never end :boxing_sm

Don't forget once you understand them they change the rules. It is a No Win situation. I had woman tell me once " If it wasn't for that little thing you guys have there'd be a bounty on ya" :lol:

Where is that pic of Michelle with Pete Thorndike at the ECES party ? Great shot of both of them and I'm looming in the backround over Pete's shoulder. I think they make a great couple. :ices_ange

I was a bit star struck with Pete!! What a great night that was!!! Lots of cute men to look at, take photos with, get kissed by....(thanks Bob), and I won a trip back to Maine - WOW! I think I used all my karma that night - life's never been the same since......:D I wonder what's in store for this year's ECES and SES?????

How many times will michelle have to tell us she's not playing...

unless of course your just trybig to shame her into it...break down her best defenses. Just remember she carries a gun...

Good observation!!! I wish all men were not so oblivious to what women say :rolleyes:

Here is an observation this week at work regarding differences in men and women. Now this is not to say all men are this way and all women are this way, it is a non-scientific observation.

I work in a fairly new 2 story building where there are about 12 different businesses. Among these are those involved in construction, manufacturing and the majority being mortgage and banking companies. Of the construction and manufacturing companies I’d say they are mostly men 30-60 yr old and in the mortgage and banking companies they are mainly women in their 20s to early 30s with most of these being nice, great looking slender build and well dressed. This happened last week in our underground parking lot where you need to use your pass key to open the gate; there were three of us in line, the first being a man, then a young lady and then me. The guy goes thru and drives down about 50 feet and starts to turn right into an open space, as he starts to turn the lady behind him guns it and drives thru the small remaining space between the guy and the open spot narrowly missing him. He stops and looks at her with big surprised eyes and then parks. Earlier this week a different young lady drives thru and must have hit 40 mph in our garage. Today another young lady does about the same thing, drives extremely fast in a parking garage all because she is 1 min late to get to work. We have speed bumps in the garage and these ladies all have the tires leaving the ground just to get to work. I have never in 1 ½ year of working there ever seen guys drive fast in the garage; they drive slowly over the speed bumps. I have only seen several young women drive extremely fast and not caring about the possible damage to their cars. Anyone care to comment on why such a difference in drive styles and attitudes while attempting to get to work? :o

As you pointed out to me earlier, be careful what you wish for!!!

Not wishing for anything..... I am afraid to say anything now!

too many games goin on already *rolls eyes*

Good point Aisling! Being probably the only 2 single women at the events, don't you think we'd be a little "singled" out? I don't think we need to play a dating game at that point - leave them all in a pile and let them suss it out for themselves. :biggthump Seriously, we should think of a game where the "best" guy wins something else besides a girl... but they have to actually IMPRESS the both of us. :1luvu: Now there's something I could be into. It could last all week, and at the end of the week whoever has been the most creative at impressing us wins... a free sticker or something. Now we're talking fun!

yes...but if there is one thing that has been made abundantly clear to those of us reading this thread, Its that you don't care so much about the material thing a man can give, its what inside. therefore, one shouldn't need a material reward for impressing you.

I’d say they are mostly men 30-60 yr old and in the mortgage and banking companies they are mainly women in their 20s to early 30s with most of these being nice, great looking slender build and well dressed.

(stories of young women driving fast and badly and old men driving well)

Anyone care to comment on why such a difference in drive styles and attitudes while attempting to get to work? :o

Yes - the gender was irrelevant. Young people drive stupid and old people drive slightly less stupid. (Obviously a gross generalization).

My facetious theories, based on personal experience - 5 years ago when I was 25 I thought I was invincible, so I drove like a maniac. Plus, my generation was raised on video games, and, if I can drive 120 mph while dodging traffic, shooting enemies out the side of the car with a machine gun while steering with an analog thumbstick and limited to a 90 degree field of view at 10 frames a second with fog limiting view distance to 200 feet, frankly driving a real car at 85 mph in light traffic isn't that big of a deal, especially if helicopters aren't trying to blow you up with rocket launchers and you don't have 2 vans and a bunch of cars trying to run you off the road ;)

Now that I am older I realize that 1) it really isn't that important that I get to my destination 20 seconds earlier 2) gaining one car length isn't that big of a deal 3) It's way more relaxing to chill out.

p.s. I'm kind of kidding, but then again, I suppose video games, especially if you play lots of different ones, are simply just really, really good hand-eye coordination drills and also train your brain to be able to track lots and lots of independently moving things (and these days, 3D spacial awareness), so I guess it's helping with the core skill set of driving, if not the decision making process ;)

Guest Randy S.

One interesting guy/girl car difference that doesn't seem age-related:

At the gas station, way more women get back in their car after starting the pump. Men stay out of the car - they wash the windshield, check out the women, whatever. Why is this?

Curiously, they've shown that fires at gas stations are sometimes caused by static electricity discharge. It is easy to get a discharge if you've sat in your car for a bit while fueling and then touch the grounded pump handle, right by the fumes. Therefore gas stations are more dangerous for women. Go figure.

At the gas station, way more women get back in their car after starting the pump. Men stay out of the car - they wash the windshield, check out the women, whatever. Why is this?

I speculate it's a safety thing. Women don't feel comfortable doing some things guys don't think twice about - walking at night in certain places, leaving the door to the house unlocked while inside, etc. Not to say that we shouldn't worry about that stuff, just they worry more.

Everyone has to stay out of the car here - we can't prop open the trigger anymore, I think they regulated that or something. All the gas stations have removed the little lever thingy.

Everyone has to stay out of the car here - we can't prop open the trigger anymore, I think they regulated that or something. All the gas stations have removed the little lever thingy.

Is that why? I thought it was just so that you had to freeze your a$$ off in the -30 weather for the cheap self serve gas.

You learn something every day.

Guest Randy S.

If you take the gas cap and shove it in there, it should work. I always did that at the stations that removed those damn things.

I think they did it to prevent this:

hose.jpg

I actually saw someone do that last year. I was like :eek:

Then I started laughing my a$$ off.