Note to New Members ×

Music for Carving

fumbimo

I default to rock. ACDC, Violent Femmes, Tom Petty. I am using Chubby Buttons to adjust music. I really like the easy controller but if you don't press the button often enough it loses the connection. Easy way to pause or adjust volume. I got one for my brother and need to check in with him and the Apple connection. I am using Android.

https://www.amazon.com/Chubby-Buttons-Stickable-Bluetooth-Resistant/dp/B0B59VM669/ref=asc_df_B0B59VM669/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=598352729234&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3574560788406222440&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031886&hvtargid=pla-1729335626147&psc=1&region_id=674469

• Thanks 1

But seriously, I hope your slopes aren't crowded. I've heard idiots coming from behind way too many times to ever ride with music.

Usually starts with "yewww!!" "brahhh!", followed by a non-consequential send into the air. Must be nice to have a type B personality with zero drive.

Edited by Odd Job
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Odd Job said:

I grunt and tell myself to get forward and call myself a p**sy for not finishing the turn at the fall line. That's my music.

Dude, so that was your playlist I subscribed to on spotify!

Otherwise I really prefer to hear the sound of the snow under the board.  Just another source of relevant feedback; is it snow?  is it ice?  The coolest thing I’ve heard this season is that when the snow is just right my one board with base-structure will make a high pitched whining sound through the apex of highly loaded turns.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

There's a thread here where people post music they're listening to... I kind of assumed that was whilst they were riding, but maybe not.

I used to file my records by how noisy they were, and for snowboarding I stick to the noisy end; I suppose it's classed as rock/ punk or something like that, "granny music" I guess. I ride better with a decent rhythm. If I'm riding alone I'll have some voice content for the up-haul.

From a safety perspective, I don't rely on my ears at all. As with my bike riding, I like to look behind all the time so I know what's there. I'm quicker than anyone other than the out of control straight liner, and I'm pretty sure I can see them well before anyone can hear them scream. I've never been hit, and fully intend to keep it that way.

I don't stop on runs either, it breaks my rhythm and kind of ruins the exercise. Each to their own.

Technology: Sony WM4 in-ear buds with custom moulds. You can set up the noise cancelling/ voice amplification plus they'll shut up automatically should you speak to someone. They work reliably inside a helmet even at cold temperatures, and the power lasts all of a winter day at least.

11 hours ago, Ladia said:

Benefits?  
you will not hear the snow under your board and even worse, you will not hear idiots around you till they hit you.

If only there were a way to adjust the volume of your music per your taste! 😜 You could have a knob and label it from 1 to 11. ('cause 11 is one louder)

It's amazing how loud everything is when riding; wind, edges, etc. I didn't realize this until I tried playing music at a very low level, like background music in a movie when people are talking. I couldn't hear it once moving. I like my tunes low enough that I can talk to people on the chair lift and hear any yelling or skidding coming from uphill. 

Music: I've been loving Boogie Belgique, Wax Tailor, and Ours Samplus lately. Chill stuff. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, philw said:

There's a thread here where people post music they're listening to... I kind of assumed that was whilst they were riding, but maybe not.

I used to file my records by how noisy they were, and for snowboarding I stick to the noisy end; I suppose it's classed as rock/ punk or something like that, "granny music" I guess. I ride better with a decent rhythm. If I'm riding alone I'll have some voice content for the up-haul.

From a safety perspective, I don't rely on my ears at all. As with my bike riding, I like to look behind all the time so I know what's there. I'm quicker than anyone other than the out of control straight liner, and I'm pretty sure I can see them well before anyone can hear them scream. I've never been hit, and fully intend to keep it that way.

I don't stop on runs either, it breaks my rhythm and kind of ruins the exercise. Each to their own.

Technology: Sony WM4 in-ear buds with custom moulds. You can set up the noise cancelling/ voice amplification plus they'll shut up automatically should you speak to someone. They work reliably inside a helmet even at cold temperatures, and the power lasts all of a winter day at least.

I found the thread you're talking about but it didn't seem specific to music while riding. plus it was started in 2018, maybe some people have new stuff to chime in with. Also about the sony WM4, thats super neat that they can stop playing music when you start talking. i just got some new jabra ear buds, wish i knew about this feature on the sony's a week ago haha