Note to New Members ×

Half a Run

crackaddict

@crackaddict anyone else get this feeling while standing in a lift line? dam snowboard carvers taking up the whole trail. yup. skiers can come out of nowhere. smooth riding. great example of quiet upper body and letting the snow come to you and not reaching for it. lava. softboot carving doesn't have to be all mustard like the young gumby asian riders make it out to be. an edit of a full run is nice to see too. give it the gas. 😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, crackaddict said:

It's not even steep!

almost always on low angle slopes. impressive maneuvering/skills demonstrated with their bodies none the less. case in point, doesn't need to be steep to carve; especially with soft boot equipment. however, speed can be your friend; or not. snow snakes can have a pretty potent venom.

The Asian carvers don’t have the whole hill to work with. If they’re not aggressive, the corridor gets too wide and they’d get run over. 
I don’t have the energy to turn that hard, so am glad that my locals are big, western mountains. 
You keep putting that hand down and you’re going to get it ripped off. Try rolling a Drum with one mitt. 
Living well there, my friend. 

On 1/7/2023 at 3:07 PM, Corey said:

Amazing riding, amazing filming! Who shoots uphill that well?!? 

Epic combo guys, thanks! 

I'm thinking it was shot on one of them thar new fangled 360 cameras, which capture the whole sphere of space around it, and then you "point the camera" at your desired subject after the fact on the computer or app.

Great riding!  Definitely softboot carving worth watching.

On 1/7/2023 at 1:29 PM, crackaddict said:

Right?  Why are they so aggressive?  It's not even steep!

Agreed.  I think it's a style thing.

What was yelled at about 2 minutes?  I think I can guess but I want to make sure.

1 hour ago, Jack M said:

I'm thinking it was shot on one of them thar new fangled 360 cameras, which capture the whole sphere of space around it, and then you "point the camera" at your desired subject after the fact on the computer or app.

Good call. Technology can be so wonderful! 

2 hours ago, Jack M said:

That's right @Jack M, it's the insta360 on a long pole.  Makes it easy...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jack M said:

Looks like you had a buddy holding the pole, yes?

And what did that skier yell?

I was filming and yelled "What's so hard about just waiting?".
For the sake of politeness on the mountain it's a good thing I usually wear mitts and my hand signal vocab is narrowed down to just thumbs up or thumbs down.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2