Note to New Members ×

Effing get it done!!!!

1xsculler

1 hour ago, 1xsculler said:

it’s counter intuitive but I do much better with 187ml of wine in my gullet. 

Keep drilling as much as possible on the low angle stuff, keep having fun doing that while you are building and strengthening those neural pathways. It's not counterintuitive, that wine is letting you relax, and allowing muscle memory take over from those gozillion reps you have done previously.  

I spend a significant amount of my early season time drilling like that, I personally enjoy being in a flow state, and not survival mode.

mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, inkaholic said:

Fixed it for ya 😜

So hoping Clint got that and it makes the MCC highlight reel. 🤣🤣🤣

ink

I've been cut off from liking anything else for today, ill hit you up with a like tomorrow. Laughing my ass off right now

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, carvedog said:

Leaning is usually not awesome unless perfect snow. Think about creating higher, earlier edge angles....more. And more. 

That's it, right there, that's the whole drill.  If you can keep the edge angle steeper than the line from your center of gravity to the edge you are balancing on, voila.  The lean comes from balancing over the edge, so getting low comes from turning sharper/faster.  The carve comes from keeping the edge higher than the lean.

People write volumes about how to go about it.... or you can just think about what carvedog said and "effing get it done."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1xsculler said:

Missed the humor on that one. 

The character of Lee Ermy as the gunnery sergeant is a cultural touch-stone for a certain generation. Your very first post in this thread really evoked that persona in my head.  

Just like riding in the trees; you focus on the spaces in between the trees and not the trees themselves if you want to survive.  Focus on what works for you instead of what doesn't work.  Then build out from there.

Release the turn more down the fall line as you get better and better. 

And do it on really hard snow.

Hard snow won't fluff your ego.

And make sure the turn size is appropriate for the board you are riding (GS/SL) (hard to do). Don't ride freecarve equipment; it's just an ego fluffer.

So fun to work on this stuff.

Or ride double digit pow. 😛

13 hours ago, big mario said:

I personally enjoy being in a flow state,

Let the wine flow! 

14 hours ago, 1xsculler said:

it’s counter intuitive but I do much better with 187ml of wine in my gullet. 

Edited by BlueB

I sincerely appreciate all of your constructive comments. 
AND humor is so individual. My wife and three of our four daughters and I used to laugh our asses off listening to Jeff Foxworthy on skiing road trips to and from Whistler and Bend. The more times we listened to that stupid stuff the harder we laughed. We know a lot of the one liners by heart and use them to this day. Our eldest daughter, who was about 15 during those years, hated it, saw no humor in it and still doesn’t. It made her angry that we laughed so hard.  FWIW, at age 45 she is now an extremely successful personal injury attorney. 
On this recent four day trip to Jackson Hole with my 8, 12 and 15 year old grandsons most of the downtime, including at the dinner table at various restaurants, was occupied by all three on their cell phones watching stuff like Ticktoc and showing it to one another and yucking it up. At age 78 I, of course, got none of it, i.e. didn’t understand it and saw no humor in any of it.