Note to New Members ×

Olympics 2022 (spoiler alert)

west carven

2 hours ago, Jack M said:

I should have known better than to read this thread before watching events I care about.  Oh well, that's awesome.  So glad she finally has that monkey off her back after the showboating catastrophe in 2006.

My sentiments exactly; I'm so happy for her and was pained by the continuing saga, until now!

Now I have to fake not knowing the outcome when we all watch together tonight...I was warned in the thread title!

Edited by rjnakata

On 2/8/2022 at 2:46 PM, lonbordin said:

Damn... nice shot.

ratio3x2_1100.jpg

So no Titanial as per the Virus site, interesting. 

We totally reengineered the construction and we are ending to build slow acting titanal construction board era. The titanal boards are overdamped and have like no acceleration in flat areas and out of the turns. Get faster by seconds and have more fun while carving!
source- https://shop.virus-snowsports.com/collections/snowboards-competition-carving-snowboards/products/gs-worldcup-carbon-176-180-185-new

maybe they will build fast acting tit constructions ? 

curious

• Confused 1

I was just as impressed by the folks that faltered and recovered/ didn't go down as the folks that won. Just amazing athleticism across the board.

While the top racers can debate the minutia, it just shows how good all the top equipment brands are these days. I'll probably pick up another Virus, but I have no illusions it's going to make me ride like Ben.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 9:53 AM, bucky said:

Posted this in the racing board:

So I counted 4 alpine snowboarders carrying flags in opening ceremonies-

Roc Marguc Solvenia

Radoslav Yankov Bulgaria

Julia Dumovits Austria

Aleksandra Krol Poland

And before Rado Yankov, it had been Alexandra Jekova (BX) for 2 or 3 Olympics carrying the Bulgarian flag :)))))

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, west carven said:

so why the title change? it was not my intent … are you making stuff up … all I said was don't  forget to watch … are you living in a different time zone? ...

1. There are spoilers in the thread. 

2. Yes we are in a different time zone than Beijing.  

3. You don’t own the thread.

4. Try not to be so obtuse.

1 hour ago, Shred Gruumer said:

And we haven't seen the Asian equipment that's around the corner yet.. I saw a few yonex in freestyle.. 

Pretty sure at least one AMICSS in qualifiers, plus a few pair of ACT bindings. Was anyone on Black Pearl this year?

35 minutes ago, west carven said:

howdy

so I am in monatna and watching as the same time as everyone here … ? … obtuse … ? …  please inform me on spoilers I don't get it ...

Oh damn, not by you, people watch races and celebrate, discuss, posting who won, etc. The others that are not able to watch, for whatever reason, record it and watch later. They don't want to know the outcome before they watched it. Ergo, the spoilers alert in the title. 

• Like 1