Note to New Members ×

1986 Flathead TV News Snowboard Video

dredman

howdy

ha! funny story … I was up in the summit house several years ago and this kid comes up to me and says "hey john" and I go "i'm not john" thinking he was mistaking me for johnasmo, then he goes "remember me I use to ride for you" then it dawn on me who he was talking about. John McGinnis was making alpine snowboards named identity then at some point he named his boards garage. some years ago I met a girl carrying a couple garage boards and I say "nice boards" cause I know they were made by John McGinnis. well it was his elder daughter and she says "I made this one". then a couple years ago a garage board was leaning on the chair 3 shack and I tell the liftie "hey nice board" and she goes "I made that" it was John McGinnis younger daughter. his daughters are super nice and fun to talk to. I have a 152 identity twin tip and would like to get my hands on a garage board... love that up and down movement of dredman in the vid...

9 hours ago, barryj said:

Wow....that's a flashback! 

I'm old enough to say I had that board, a brand new 1986? Burton Safari 175 ...and I looked just as "cool"! ....for the day - Ha!

BurtonS.jpg.0882b1e59a3091d55373c6e50a98c5f8.jpg

0* and 45* in skiboots,,, yeah baby

did you break the bindings?

19 hours ago, b0ardski said:

in skiboots

Actually Koflach plastic mountaineering boots! 

19 hours ago, b0ardski said:

did you break the bindings?

No, but I ripped the sole off another pair of boors!  I had been using Asolo 101 medium mountaineering boots and tore the sole off from he front of the forward boot form all the torque!

On 7/6/2021 at 12:23 PM, barryj said:

Wow....that's a flashback! 

I'm old enough to say I had that board, a brand new 1986? Burton Safari 175 ...and I looked just as "cool"! ....for the day - Ha!

BurtonS.jpg.0882b1e59a3091d55373c6e50a98c5f8.jpg

Are you sporting' A mullet?

Edited by big mario