Note to New Members ×

Hardboot terrain.

bumpyride

if that's the answer I guess I better find out what the question is:smashfrea"How to tie your laces?"

The closest I get to a "pro" stance is Jeremy Jones or Terje, I can live with that.

I'd like to see a list of splitboard guides that use hardshells on other than alpine race boards and see what their average stance is.

for reference; I ride m27 hardshells and all metal stepins around 20in, 45*/30* or so in all terrain, and boards( and only go higher if a skinny board demands it, never lower) dialed in with sims rotocants on a 186x25 nitro twintip in the backcountry uber steeps of Aplental in the early 90s, toe hang is not your friend.

being 6'/200# adult learning to ski sideways when most all snowboard gear was crap has ruined my chances of being a lace-up pro.?

ps that's an epic spine line dreams are made of, no duck required

Edited by b0ardski

51 minutes ago, BlueB said:

As for the angles, quite a few top ranked CASI evaluators ride very directional stances, like 24\-3, or so. 

Note that at about -3, the axis of power (heel pad to the ball of the foot) is more or less right across the board. 

I'm -3 on the back foot I like it because it feels like have alot more power across board for driving edge to edge. Plus having a little bit of duck means switch isn't too awkward

52 minutes ago, billyt. said:

Really? Angles?  That was an amazing ridge, and he was ripping that fresh snow!  Perfect.

Yes, angles! Travis Rice is but a mere husk without those angles. We should all give thanks to the mighty angles, without which that spine would remain an unreachable dream. And Magnetraction too...

• LOL 2