Note to New Members ×

Ads on the Forum

softbootsurfer

Right now you should only see them if you are not logged in.  The screenshot above shows me just testing out the different locations.  In the coming days, logged-in users will see some ads (not the one on the right sidebar, blecch), and there will be different levels of paid subscriptions available to reduce or eliminate the ads.  The goal is for the site to become self-sustaining, and to support USASA and USSRT. At the moment I am paying for the hosting of the site, forum, and domain names.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, softbootsurfer said:

So Far, they know I like off Piste, play a lot of Golf, watch videos and am afraid of having my Pockets Picked... 

I am seeing ads for 3 strap bindings, guided tours of the wave and Mrs palmers - it is quite good! :biggthump

• LOL 1

35 minutes ago, lordmetroland said:

That's weird, I get a man and a woman sitting in separate bathtubs overlooking a sunset on the edge of a cliff. I can't make out what it's for. Soap? Bathroom hardware? She seems younger and more attractive than him. Home health care, maybe? 

Hmmm.... I think that the AI's that target the ads know EXACTLY what they are doing.

All the ads I’m seeing feature old couples holding hands and looking at each other with bedroom eyes. I’m not sure what “Are you tired of making excuses?” means in that context. But I’m happy to see some ads if that’s what makes the site free. 

Starting to see that ads show up while logged in, at the top, bottom, mid-thread, in multiple places on the same screen at the same time.  (screenshot doesn't want to upload right now for some reason).

On 4/12/2018 at 6:21 PM, Jack Michaud said:

and there will be different levels of paid subscriptions available to reduce or eliminate the ads. 

I'm happy to support ASB in any way,  if ads are what it takes then so be it.  I recall reading that a subscription model was mooted where for a periodic fee you could suppress the ad display.  Is this still in the works?  Let me know when this option is available, and I'll gladly send money to support ASB directly!

25 minutes ago, jburk said:

Starting to see that ads show up while logged in, at the top, bottom, mid-thread, in multiple places on the same screen at the same time.  (screenshot doesn't want to upload right now for some reason).

I'm happy to support ASB in any way,  if ads are what it takes then so be it.  I recall reading that a subscription model was mooted where for a periodic fee you could suppress the ad display.  Is this still in the works?  Let me know when this option is available, and I'll gladly send money to support ASB directly!

Yep, here we go!  Please see the announcement at the top of the page.  Thanks!!

On 4/14/2018 at 11:00 PM, lordmetroland said:

That's weird, I get a man and a woman sitting in separate bathtubs overlooking a sunset on the edge of a cliff. I can't make out what it's for. Soap? Bathroom hardware? She seems younger and more attractive than him. Home health care, maybe? 

Are you sure your not looking in a mirror ???