Note to New Members ×

2018 Elan Balistic? OK ride feedback? anyone seen?

Shred Gruumer

33 minutes ago, *Ace* said:

Shred...ever try a Google search?

NO... what is it? I thought Google Shmoogly only found Squawls.

I went on Elan (after Googlybling it)...didn't see it there... but...  no ones ever mentioned riding any of these... So that could be interesting on some input... 

Sorry but it just looks like the graphics were made with an old Mancitosh and not real authentic for an Elan product...  the name "elan" on the top looks like a sticker.

Edited by Shred Gruumer

The basic shape and layout look a lot like the Donek MK - maybe I've just been out of the board market for too long, but narrow boards with significant setback seem to be a strong trend, presently. (I'm just a lightweight, and I don't race, but an 11.5m sidecut would scare me for a recreational carving board in tight quarters, though.)

@Shred Gruumer, I was on a Elan Ballistic years ago (over a decade). If I recall the board was similar to the Hot Logic. They are made in the Elan Factory in Slovenia, some of the European's on BOL maybe able to comment on them. I came across the site Ace posted years ago http://i-carve.com/ this seems to be the new Blue-Tomato for Europe that is carrying all of the European carving gear. I inquired about an AllFlex plate and got a response within an hour.

Hello guys,

yes I tried this new models of Ballistic (but prototypes) in different stiffness (also with Allflex). It's was really nice board, but problem was that it was only 19cm wide in the middle, so I had some problems with hanging out with my boots (deeluxe 319mm). On this specifications seems they went on 19,7cm.

It can't be found on their web page because I've heard they stopped with alpine production.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GeoffV said:

http://i-carve.com/ this seems to be the new Blue-Tomato

Also, I guess Im poking around more on this since everything In North Am seems to be diminishing..  those PHK bindings do draw my interest and snagging a F2 Eliminator Hanno Pro Proto would be Tits but....... Dam that Euro price sucks anal fissure juice....

Edited by Shred Gruumer

Mothership is owned by capita. Sigi owns a stake there too. 

Elan went bust some years ago, but they did produce SG line for a while, so i would assume they know how to make a good board. 

Friend of mine recently purchased a ballistic sl. When i try it i let you know ;)

• Like 1

See how well you guys can do home work and spread the love!... well googling anyway...bah.   hmmm ever seen a real encyclopedia...or a high beam switch on the floor...the ones that rot and push thru.... oh the good ole days of riding junk!  Asyms Rule!

beamer.JPG

Edited by Shred Gruumer

On 1/18/2018 at 4:15 PM, BlueB said:

I rode the old versions of carbon 162 and 170 and loved them. They had lots of grip and pop, like Madd or Virus. 

However, this new release seems to be a completely different animal... 

My old (1999?) Elan Ballistic 171 is still going strong.  Interesting comment about it being like a Madd.  When I had a chance to try a Madd 170, I thought it felt like my Elan.  The Elan with Cateks is my "lively" board.  My Donek FC metal with TD3s is my all day "cruiser".

But as BlueB said, the old Elan 171 had a 9-11m variable sidecut - way different from this new version.

W-2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...