Note to New Members ×

2017 Coiler 180 Extreme Carve

1xsculler

Bruce built it for me last summer. Basically like new, i.e. I have ridden it twice for an hour each time. Never ground, never waxed except by Bruce.

My wife found out how many boards I have and she suggested that I reduce my quiver.

Nose = 26.6, Waist = 21, Tail = 25.8.  I am 6' 2" tall and weigh 150 #s in my B-day suit, i.e. not much muscle, not much fat.

$550 plus shipping.

MVIMG_20180109_134440.jpg

MVIMG_20180109_134502.jpg

MVIMG_20180109_134929.jpg

Edited by 1xsculler

1 hour ago, drschwartz said:

My wife must be nicer than yours! I counted 51 in my shop ( of course 3 of them are hers!)

The next technical article should be something like, "the minimum number of boards in a quiver beyond which one's spouse won't notice another." Sounds like you could be primary author?

My Coiler EC 175 is my go-to board now.  It needs a bit of speed or steepness, but the variety of turn shapes it can make continues to impress me.  It has a nice pop if you use push-pull technique, or it can be super damp if you're more static.  It just works on everything except the bunny hill.  I'd buy another in a heartbeat if I broke this one.  

I'm guessing that's a 23cm waist.  Looks wider than the 22 waist on mine.  

I'm rethinking this now that barryj and 2012Alpine1 have passed and after reading Corey's glowing remarks..  I will look for something else to sell or just let the dust settle until my wife gets over this or until she buys another trinket.

Sorry to any interested parties but I will hold on to it for now.  Maybe I'll find some wide open groomers at White Pass or Whistler as I haven't found any at Crystal. I rounded out my quiver with this EC thinking I may be able to break away to ATC 2018, and I may still, but it's not looking good.

I'll get more bang for my buck if I trim my racing shell quiver than my board quiver anyway.  She'll be more happy to know I'm working on that.

Edited by 1xsculler

Haha, I guess I'm a poor judge of waist width. But, after all, it's what's inside that counts. :) 

Hang on to that board and give it another shot once you have some experience. It'll come alive once you are more of a driver and less of a passenger. 

I got your PM but will reply here. 

I rode a Swoard a long time ago. My skill set at that time didn't match with the board (a nice way to say that I sucked), so I didn't like it. I haven't tried another since, so I can't make a comparison. 

I rode a Coiler EC demo at SES/ATC and fell in love in one run. Bruce said it's based on the Nirvana flex pattern that so many love. 

Sorry for highjacking your thread Sculler and thanks for that info Corey ..................   

I'm burning with desire for another 23 waist board and the choices are killing me, Stubby V2 or Coiler EC or Proteus or another Swoard........uh the agony of decision!

• LOL 1

32 minutes ago, barryj said:

I'm burning with desire for another 23 waist board and the choices are killing me, Stubby V2 or Coiler EC or Proteus or another Swoard........uh the agony of decision!

Or how about an Angry? Toot, toot, I can hear the poll train a'comin! 

Ok, I promise...this is my last post hijacking Sculler's thread!   I'm setting up a comparison back in Carving Central.............let's take the discussion over there.

....and Lurch,   I'd take a Stubby V2 over an Angry..........just saying.

I'm Gone ~   

• Like 1