Note to New Members ×

Virus BX 168cm.

glenn

Have a Virus BX 168 for sale. According to Frank from Virus, it's a prototype from 2014. I acquired it in 2015 and haven't ridden it at all.

The base is like new. The top sheet has marks on it from bindings. Edges are good. Camber is as original.

I'm asking $600 U.S. plus shipping, as Frank said that's what it's worth.

The markings stamped on the top sheet read 68 14 001 (168cm, 2014, 001 designates first prototype)

virus bx 001.JPG

virus bx 008.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kneel said:

Man. VERY tempted, but SO many unknowns here. And you've NEVER ridden it? I bet it's an absolute DEMON on ice and hard groomers.  But no idea what this would be like otherwise.  Where are you located in NJ, Glenn?

No, never ridden it. I'm an alpine guy and I like groomers so never really had a use for it. I have three alpine boards that I only use one of.

Yes, N.J. around Mullica Hill. Where are you in Jersey?

Warren, northern Somerset county. 

Same here. It takes a lot of powder to get me out of hard boots, but I've been broadening my horizons and trying new things. :)  But I just don't know what to expect from a BX board. It could be a great  northeast bulletproof and crud board or...not. I just don't have the experience. That's why I was thinking we could meet on a hill close by and I could try it out? I'd pay for your lift ticket so I'm not wasting your time.  You could let me know in pm...

16 hours ago, Kneel said:

Warren, northern Somerset county. 

Same here. It takes a lot of powder to get me out of hard boots, but I've been broadening my horizons and trying new things. :)  But I just don't know what to expect from a BX board. It could be a great  northeast bulletproof and crud board or...not. I just don't have the experience. That's why I was thinking we could meet on a hill close by and I could try it out? I'd pay for your lift ticket so I'm not wasting your time.  You could let me know in pm...

I'm not sure how conditions are right now. I could mail it to you and you could try it and you mail it back if it doesn't fit your needs. I can pay one way and you pay the other if you don't like it. If you like it, we could come to an agreement...

That work for you?

:eek: That's an even better deal.  I'm pretty confident the local conditions are not very good. And if this is really ok with you, I'll be in Park City the first week in March to try it out.  I think conditions may be marginally better there now...

PM'd you my address. I'm happy to pay shipping both ways or even pick it up.  I can find other reasons to be down near your area to make a day out of it...

• 8 months later...

My son has it and there is ZERO chance you will see this board for sale again. ?

Seriously though, he loves it and it compliments his frenetic riding style. I rode it and found it rather bland.  I suspect it was built for a lighter rider as his 5'11" 155lb frame threw it anywhere he wanted it to go whereas my 6'1" 200lbs of atrophied doughyness just beat it into boring submission.  Typical Virus though. High quality.  Rigoddamndiculous edge hold... 

• Like 1