Note to New Members ×

Mt. Bachelor Session - April 3-7

Keenan

Planning to ride all days except Friday, up until about 1pm when I need to head down into town to tend to the salt mines.    I've got a few "try before you buy" boards for sale:

Coiler SL 161, regular asym on the z-axis, $375 - really fun board if you've got the legs and lungs

Coiler softie 168, 11.5ish sidecut, seen better days, $125 - great rock board 

If anyone needs Track 700's in a size 25 MP I can also hook you up.   

6 hours ago, jburk said:

Will there be an opportunity to demo any Thirst boards on Wednesday?

Yes, I think Mark is sending some and then bringing some when he comes down as well.  The parking lot is a pretty good walk from the lifts, so getting the demo set up the day before you want to ride might be easier.  Text me when you get into town and we'll figure something out.

13 minutes ago, Mike T said:

Planning to ride all days except Friday, up until about 1pm when I need to head down into town to tend to the salt mines.    I've got a few "try before you buy" boards for sale:

Coiler SL 161, regular asym on the z-axis, $375 - really fun board if you've got the legs and lungs

Coiler softie 168, 11.5ish sidecut, seen better days, $125 - great rock board 

If anyone needs Track 700's in a size 25 MP I can also hook you up.   

Yay.  Looking forward to it Mike.  I also invited Rick from Silipint.

• Like 1

It was foggy with little bit of rain until after lunch. And I still had a blast. @Keenan, Mike, and the crew from Idaho are awesome riders, nice guys too.  Thank you, all.

Viz did improve after 2pm with the sun making an appearance, right as the snow at the base was starting to get sticky. @Dw3 and I rode until 3:30, ran into Dane on our last run. By that point it was so sticky it was a challenge to make it all the way down to the bottom of Skyliner without coming to a dead stop facing down the fall line. Which was a lot funnier than it sounds. 

Edited by jburk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pusbag said:

Great times maybe not great weather but was awesome to see and ride with everyone.

Riders On the Storm!  My gear should be dry enough by tomorrow for one more day.  I think the rain made me Thirsty.

• Like 1

Conditions weren't great for photography, but I grabbed a few snaps. This top one below is the best one - Dane mid-driveby. LOL, I wasn't ready for him to come around on that side or this would have been a real front-page photo.

image.png.8f590e1a44f55f934c5898f00e910cc0.png

Got a not bad photo of the Flyin' Hawaiian Buster too:

image.png

And...a couple more photos.

The groom was not bad...

image.png.3fd9ad2c0b9c841412182b44a4d9ff4f.png

And we had a good crew...(from left to right, Gray on Tray, MikeT, Keenan, Buster, Kram, and Dan - this is day 1, before DW3, Jburk, Pusbag and his wife showed up. Dane was the photog so not shown).

image.png.dc2b144c9b2d53c607897751fbe4c476.png

MikeT was working on his nose grab:

image.png.4b15452bd34539325b22a5b65d41d538.png

And generally kicking a** and taking names...

image.png.eb2ee3b3e88a1864e51a954d18f2eaf2.png

Kram was smooth as usual

image.png.e5a1c062ed2d2fa34156f29a766dd630.png

All that carving is Thirsty work!

image.png

Edited by Dan
  • Like 3