Note to New Members ×

Mt. Bachelor Session - April 3-7

Keenan

4 hours ago, pow4ever said:

Spring Pass Deal is on:  $199 

https://www.mtbachelor.com/tickets-passes/season-pass/

Valid for up to 58 days of skiing or snowboarding starting Saturday, March 31, 2018 and concluding as late as Sunday, May 27, 2018. Prices increase on purchases starting Monday, April 2, 2018.

That makes this session a pretty screaming good deal!

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Where are folks staying? Want to rent a house or try to all stay @ the same hotel?

There are some really good VRBO deals that week.  I just did a search and found a 4 bed home with hot tub, gas grille, bikes, passes to the pool/rec center and a canoe in Sunriver for $160 a night.  I found a nicer place without the bikes and grille for $132.  Pretty sure that might be a little cheaper than Aspen. 

Check the link to one of my favorite places in Bend, classic arcade games, pinball, beer, $5 per hour or $10 unlimited play.

Oh and there is no sales tax in Oregon.

http://vectorvolcanoarcade.com/games.html

Edited by Keenan

On 3/4/2018 at 2:49 PM, pow4ever said:

Thank you so much Dan for the offer.  It just to show how close knit this group is.  Carver are simply awesome!
Going to see if I can get the days off from work.  Come on Spring Pass!  I might stay a few extra day and check out the area.

Hiho:I am working  on getting a VRBO at Sun River if you're interested.  Lemme know.  about 6 of us so far.

• Like 3

On 3/12/2018 at 6:06 PM, grayontray said:

Hiho:I am working  on getting a VRBO at Sun River if you're interested.  Lemme know.  about 6 of us so far.

Update: Max/grayontray found a great place at Sun River, with hot tub and grill. There are still beds available for anyone interested - the reservation is from April 2-April 8. It's a 4-way split right now, coming to $300 per person ($50 a night, cheap!), but that will go down more if we get a few more folks in the house. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pow4ever said:

Gotta get the days off from work first...
Going to nag the boss man again.  Keeping my finger crossed!

Check in @ 4/2/2018 and check out 4/8/2018?

Yes, that's right. 

I just confirmed, once you buy your spring pass take the confirmation number and your ID inside the guest services building in the main parking lot.  They will take your picture and print your pass.  After that, maybe the rest of the days, the easiest access to the lift is to park in the Skyliner lot.  There are no services/bathrooms there but you can get to the lift and back to your car a lot quicker.

15 hours ago, pow4ever said:

I can't make it this year /sadface. 

Too much going on at work.  We got 6 feet of snow and I can't even take advantage of that...   
Done enough research to know what to do.  Next year for sure.

Sorry to hear it, we'll catch you next year. I am definitely familiar with the "too much work to ride" predicament and it blows.

Edited by Dan
  • Thanks 1

Hey Russ, sorry I missed you at Mt. Hood last week, it was a tough week to get away. Turns out my pooch is having surgery next week, but I'll still be at Bachelor through Wednesday or maybe Thu morning. I'll look forward to seeing you then. 

• Confused 1

Hi there, I live in Portland and would love to drive down for a couple of days. I am a total newbie on the hard boots, other than a two hour lesson a few weeks ago. That being said I have zero equipment other than my soft boot setup. Any chance there would be a way to rent/borrow some 26.5 boots, bindings and board?????

6 minutes ago, www.oldsnowboards.com said:

Dw3 , I am near Portland, I don't think I have any boots in your size but I willing to help you get set up.  

Lets visit !!

Bryan

Dw3, take Bryan up on that. He helped us years ago.

Edited by Buell
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Dw3 said:

Hi there, I live in Portland and would love to drive down for a couple of days. I am a total newbie on the hard boots, other than a two hour lesson a few weeks ago. That being said I have zero equipment other than my soft boot setup. Any chance there would be a way to rent/borrow some 26.5 boots, bindings and board?????

I have a pair of Deeluxe Spa in a 27 that have about 4 days on them.  They were marketed as a women's boot, I believe the shell is just slightly shorter than the standard.  They seem plenty stiff.   I would sell for $100 if you want.  I can bring them to Bend and you can try them to see if they fit, or you can pick them up in West Linn before the trip.  I'll have an extra set of bindings (not for sale) and between Dane and myself, we should have enough boards for you to ride.  PM me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buell said:

Dw3, take Bryan up on that. He helped us years ago.

Me too! I still have a longboard he sold me in about 1999 :-) not to mention all the snow gear that's gone back and forth between us over the years. He can definitely help you get set up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, www.oldsnowboards.com said:

Dw3 , I am near Portland, I don't think I have any boots in your size but I willing to help you get set up.  

Lets visit !!

Bryan

Thanks for the help, I could use it for sure. Getting into this hard boot riding has not been easy.

So I am going to try and come to Bend the 3rd and 4th. Still not sure about the 3rd and I won't know until that morning. The earliest I will be down is noon on the 3rd. If I can't do that I want to come that night and be ready to go early on the 4th. Either way, if someone had a couch I could crash on (or a bed) I would love to chip in. However I have to leave after riding on the 4th. Hopefully I can repeat and be back on the 6-7 but again won't know until last minute. Looking forward to this for sure.

Managed to get a day off, so I’ll be heading down on Tuesday afternoon, riding Wednesday, and heading back to Portland on Wednesday night. Might make it to Bend in time for a late dinner Tuesday.   

Where to meet up, either after dinner for beer on Tuesday, or Wednesday morning for riding?