Note to New Members ×

Donek vs SG - Advice please!

seachange

2 hours ago, jatkinson said:

Is the liner squirming inside the shell a known issue? 

I also had this issue with my 2016/17 RC10s and the stock liner.  Not so much on cold days, but it got progressively worse as the temperatures rose.

I considered the Intuition Power Wrap, but because I have really narrow heels but need an extra wide toe box due to some previous foot injuries, I went with Intuition's Pro Tongue  liner.   The helpful folks at Intuition said it's about as stiff as the Power Wrap, but wider in the forefoot, and has laces you can tighten for as much heel hold as you need.

Had my first day in these today, a very different feel from the stock liners (way more direct, have to be a bit more subtle), now I just have to remember not to crank the buckles down as tight as I used to.

14 hours ago, jatkinson said:

Is the liner squirming inside the shell a known issue?  I just had my first day on new UPZ boots and this was driving me crazy.  I asked UPZ and he said that my shell must be the wrong size.  I felt like the liner fit really well, and stayed put on my foot but the whole thing was moving around unless I had the buckles cranked way too tight.

I would say so.  My foot measures 28.4cm, I am in a size 28 boot, and I got the squirm.  No way I'm going to a 27.  Tried that once, ouch.

Perhaps if your foot size is a perfect match for a shell size you won't get squirm.  I guess mine isn't.

Unfortunately you're just going to have to open your wallet and get some better liners.  You won't miss the money once you do.