Note to New Members ×

My Opinions on Saltines

lordmetroland

I have formed some pretty strong opinions about saltines that some people may find make them uncomfortable. But if you can't take the heat, you should probably go to another location where it's cooler. Or maybe stay in the same place but request that the thermostat be adjusted. If you starting to feel warm, you should probably stop reading right now. Of all the crackers I've sampled, I find saltines to be about average. Not too flavorful and rich, but not too hearty and fibrous either. Pretty much right in the middle. Their piquant saltiness (probably their most pronounced characteristic which may have some connection with their name; saltines. "Salt"-ines) can be exhilarating, but eating too many saltines often brings on thirst. I don't care for them as much when my mouth is dry because they tend to clump in my throat, making it hard to swallow. That is less enjoyable. Saltines are nearly a perfect complement to tomato soup, but fall short of the mark with other soups like beef barley, which go better with a bread-y side. I defy oyster crackers since they are clearly a patent rip-off of saltines, only varying in size and shape. They don't even look like oysters. If I was hungry right now and not too thirsty and I was offered a saltine, I would not refuse it and would probably find it not entirely undissatisfying.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2016 at 10:20 PM, lordmetroland said:

Their piquant saltiness (probably their most pronounced characteristic which may have some connection with their name; saltines. "Salt"-ines) can be exhilarating, but eating too many saltines often brings on thirst. I don't care for them as much when my mouth is dry because they tend to clump in my throat, making it hard to swallow. 

information checks out

“And you will know my name is the ,Lordmetroland when I lay my crackers upon thee”.

You sling your snacks about like a blackjack dealer, with no regard for anguish or loss.

Saltine reminds me of the movie ’Salt’ starring Angeline Jolie.

https://youtu.be/eRnoUNwFOkE?t=55s

Clowns, particularly hamburger clowns, also have exaggerated lips, accented by their pallid skin tone and flaming hair.

Hair of similar color to that of the cute red-haired girl sitting nearby at the McDonalds, on the occasion of a birthday party for a 5th grade classmate.

It was while gazing fondly that I took a bite of that mysteriously delicious hamburger. My teeth hit a Minié Ball of gristle, triggering a gag reflex and rapid fire expulsion of partly chewed meat and meat byproducts. The shame and embarrassment was overwhelming; witnessed by the red-haired girl, the red-lipped clown, and the autumn-hued walls that slowly closed in like halves of a giant clam of the salty deep properly stimulated.

Years of therapy have made basic socialization possible, but certain words and images bring forth the trauma like rising gorge.

So if you don’t mind, keep your triggersnacks to yourself.