Note to New Members ×

Sad News. Lost Loved One

www.oldsnowboards.com

I have some very sad news I am afraid.  I just learned via FB that Carvedog , Jerry Hadam lost his wife today of an apparent heart attack.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Jerry and your family.  Bryan 

From Jerry's post on FB

It is with great sadness that I have to tell everyone that my lovely bride Betsy, died of an apparent heart attack on the mountain this morning. I am gutted. She was my rock. And my best ski and raft buddy ever. I am ok for now, but me and the girls will need your love and support as we navigate waters that I hope you never see.

post-158-0-45183300-1452995713_thumb.jpg

post-158-0-10090300-1452995702_thumb.jpg

post-158-0-25021100-1452995720_thumb.jpg

Such incredibly sad sad news. Our hearts go out to Jerry, his kids, and all the people touched by this tragedy. I don't know what significance it has to this really, but Jerry just happens to be the most welcoming, giving, friendly and stoked for snowboarding and his friends and family of anyone on the hill. So I guess I'm just saluting a brother and hoping he can find some peace here and there in the coming days. Our sympathy to a great man and his kids.

• Like 1

I have seen many of my Bomber friends contribution to the youcaring site and it has helped me to have some peace of mind that I can spend a little more time with my girls in the next few months as I figure out how to do this. I thank you sincerely. 

These is a video that my friend Mark Oliver put together mostly of outtakes from their indiegogo campaign video. 

It's ok to laugh she sure did. 

I wish that we had better words for times like this. Carvedog, my deepest condolences to you and your daughters. I know that you will take great care of them over the next few months -- make sure that you take care of yourself as well.

Thanks, Dan. I saw you had been to the youcaring site as well. Thank you. It is very hard for me to not be with my daughters right now. Some of that fund will allow me to spend time with them as we figure out how to do this. And we are skiing together. And they are awesome. 

In spite of the sadness that this might bring up for people I hope that maybe this thread, this event in my life may prompt a few people to put down the phone or the ipad or switch off the TV and go do something with the people they love. And be present for them. 

Through the injury thread and a couple of others some of the folks here know that I have had a hip replacement and knee replacement but maybe don't know about the four years I lived on hydrocodone and ibuprofen. It was hard on us as a couple but my wife always had my back. This fall we were really getting back on track. Hiking together, walking together and laughing together more than we had in years. And skiing together once or twice a week. It was awesome.

Don't wait to be kind. Just don't wait at all. Do what you can now. We were trying we just ran out of time. 

• Like 5