Note to New Members ×

Binding angles for a advanced competitive rider

nick8228

Low 60s for me.  Discipline does not matter.

I would add that you should experiment rather than go off of what other people use.  Waist width,stance width, cant angles, heigh of binding and or plate system... All factors.

Edited by MikeC

I'm so used to other forums/Facebook etc... I'm waiting for some one to chime in with 15/-15 at 25.5" stance width. Sorry just what came to mind after a libtech forum where tuning is non existent and magnetraction/rocker is king

Edited by slopestar

Really you may want to go with the lowest binding angles possible that do NOT result in boot overhang.  Many GS racers are on wider boards even using 45/45 (see nick's reply).  Watch your trenches to see if any boot out is occuring.  Go with the width of your shoulders on stance or the distance from the floor to the middle of your kneecap.  I tend to refer to Scott's excellent articles on these matters and am always happy.  http://www.alpinecarving.com/binding_setup.html

Edited by omskates

;)

Boards under 16.1 mm at the waist are illegal.......because they are so much faster in a course, I bet nobody ever rode one with low 50 angles.

Don't fall into lock-step, try every combination on your own, whatever you have the best balance with is a good start.