Note to New Members ×

Coiler Monster 188 --SOLD

bigwavedave

$350 shipped  (lower 48)    SOLD

Coiler Monster 188   23cm waist   14scr

post-2809-0-35129700-1426374389_thumb.jppost-2809-0-29549300-1426374396_thumb.jppost-2809-0-35780100-1426374403_thumb.jp

The link below is the original post from last summer when I bought this. Was hoping to ride it in the soft snow conditions it was made for. I rode it a handful of times, never in soft snow, so this Cadillac should go back to the mountains. Hell of a way to demo boards.

http://forums.bomberonline.com/index.php?/topic/40206-3-metal-coilers-1-metal-donek/?hl=monster

Edited by bigwavedave

Bump, I thought Monsters were metal/VSR and were able to deal with all snow conditions. 

Yup, metal board construction with all the decamber in the nose & tail, and feels pretty damp so likely has some rubber layers in there too.

The original post listed the scr as 14m, and that feels about right, but it is likely one of Bruce's blended scr's with an average of 14m.

And, yes, it handles all conditions well, but is really optimized for soft snow conditions, like a big Coiler AM.  The extra width & length provides flotation, and that combined with the soft/damp/decambered nose & tail , gives it a "Cadillac" ride in crud and chop.

It's a lot of width to get up on edge on hard pack, which is 95% of my riding. It's the board I wished I had at Aspen SES last year where every day was super soft snow that got chopped up pretty quick with deep trenches.

Here's a link to Bruce's comments about this board:  

http://forums.bomberonline.com/index.php?/topic/21402-any-coiler-monster-ride-reports-yet/?hl=%2Bcoiler+%2Bmonster

Edited by bigwavedave

If my back/leg-foot was not on fire I would have a new home for that board. I rode the OG Plankenshtein under weight for its spec and it was a blast once it got up to speed. Im sure the ones built for lighter weights would be great and a total blast in the upcoming spring conditions

Edited by Bobby Buggs