Note to New Members ×

New Video Series by Bomber and Donek: Need Your Input!

fin

http://youtu.be/IImoW_kviwc

Hello everyone,

Sean and I have been working on a new video series this spring and wanted to kick it off with the following video. Yes, it has been a slow spring :rolleyes: We did the "Gun" episode here to just get things rolling. Given a somewhat silly bust but still fun to try and see the result. The video will tell you how it went.

So please watch the video and then realize we need you help on two fronts:

• - Help us pick a name for the series. Obviously we are stealing this idea from Discovery channels "Myth Busters" but we want our own name that related to snowboard stuff. So use this thread to post your ideas.
  • - Give us some ideas of some snowboard/carve related myths you would like to see us bust. Once again, use this thread to post those ideas.

Sean and I have come up with a few on our own we would like to see. Take a look at these ideas to help get the brain moving:

- Boots shrink a significant amount when they get really cold.
- The camber on a snowboard will change with temperature.
- A heavier racer is faster in the course.
- Adding height to a binding set-up gives you more leverage on the edge.
- Base material will dry out if you do not seal it with wax.

We will do our best with what we have, so be patient with us as we move work on these and your ideas. So please let us know what you want to see!

Cheers,

Two boarders are hiking the backcountry with packs and boards on their backs. One has a glass board one has a metal. There is a lightning storm. Is the metal board more prone to strikes?

How about Board Busters, Snowboard Tales or Riding Rumors.

Show Name = Carvers' "Bend or Bust"

Idea: What are some of the Carver Myths? Top ten (or less) Myths? Then show the viewer, do they "Bend" to the Truth or is it simply a "Bust". Your video sample would prove that one metal board is a "Bust".

If you guys add a prize to the show name selected, I think you will get more aggressive names and ideas.

My Two Cents,

-Grob

Ideas: How does the board flex changes with time? I've heard that metal boards that used 40-50 days noticeably differs from a new one.

Build 2 boards and machine that bends it. Let it bend the board for a week, and then see, how does it compares to unused one?

Idea2: make a run between a racer guy on a old stick, old boots, and old binders. Or say, he have $200 to buy used equipment from bomber. And second guy, is someone who is a newbie and riding 1-2 years with a $2000 spend on a hardstuff.

Make a SL and GS runs and then see sokme freecarving.

Idea3: coming up :)

1. Is 24- hour resin curing at room temperature superior to 30-minutes curing at high temperature? Compressive, tensile, shear bond strength at 24hr, 12- and 24-month period?

2. Does pre-milled cambered wood core retain camber and longitudinal stiffness better than traditional wood core? Cyclic fatigue testing at 6,000 cycles?

3. Appropriate torque for tightening binding into glass/carbon/metal boards? Maximum torque? Should number of turns for the binding screws be around 5 as some suggest?

1) do UPZ toes and heels really need to be t-nutted?

2) will a lexan sheet save a metal board from td1 damage?

3) internal dimensions of UPZ vs DeeLuxe vs whatever ski boot is popular

4) Does Bomber Butter go better with eggs or toast?

Name: "Fin and Sean break stuff"

1) do UPZ toes and heels really need to be t-nutted?

3) internal dimensions of UPZ vs DeeLuxe vs whatever ski boot is popular

1. Well, UPZ for 2-3 years come T-Nutted. Guess, that's really needed. That's not hard to do, and this is your safety ;)

3. on velvet.pro is lots of info about UPZ bootfitting :) but in Russian )

Riding Rumors.

I like that one

Fact or fiction?

Neon colors make you a better rider.

Definitely a fact. I was way faster in my day glo

2) will a lexan sheet save a metal board from td1 damage?

"Fin and Sean break stuff"

That's a doable test. Have you seen Fin's wall of shame?

BS Busters

I hope the riding talent in the video was appropriately compensated, since I didn't see his name in the credits.

What's the point in shooting at the topsheets? Since when are boards designed to take hits on the top? Sean? Don't you think about this when you're designing a board, or are graphics more important than armor? At least the riding talent offers some decent camo topsheets for those serious about their tactical snowsports.

Is there a way to measure "pop" of boards?

I think it can be measured somehow and standarize the measurement, if we have a method to measure. How to generate it is totally up to riders though.

For me, General indication of 'Pop' are amount of camber, stiffness, and materials. But tried recent race decks with metal layers and experienced more pops than glass boards with good amount of camber.