Note to New Members ×

One Mod takes a Break and New Mods for BOL

fin

Just a quick announcement to let all here at BOL-land that Moderator Jack Michaud is going to take a sabbatical from moderating here on BOL. Jack was one of the originals here at BOL and has been a HUGE help to me and the forum. Moderatoring is a thankless job and a great way to get “creative” e-mails from some of the more passionate users here at BOL. But the job is necessary and effective. With his help, we are able to keep BOL a civil and welcome place for all levels of hardbooters. So Bomber would like to officially thank Jack for all his help and work over the many years and we’ll be here when you are ready to Mod again.

That said, would like to welcome our two new Mods for BOL:

Bryan Sutherland, BOL (handle www.oldsnowboards.com) and Corey Dyck (handle “corey_dyck”). Thank you Bryan and Corey for taking on this task to make BOL the bad-ass haven for all hardbooters across the world :biggthump

Jack, Thanks for all your support to BOL as a moderator - you done well. Hope you stick around and continue as "The Alpine Ambassador".

Bryan and Corey, Thanks for stepping up and taking the reigns. I am sure you both will do a fine job!

Best regards, Tom

Thanks Jack... I've appreciated your efforts.

Bryan's the nicest guy on BOL unless you want buy the same item as he does...

Corey you showed true patience during that steeps clinic video... we'll need that.

Good luck to all.

Edited by lonbordin

Thanks for all the great advice over the years Jack. You gave me some tips that def helped progress my riding on my alpine jorney. My biggest fear for the past 10 years was the big face at the top of North Axe at Nakiska and I was railing it yesterday!! Thx again my man.

Corey and Bryan, I'm calling D Sub right now to get active again and welcome you guys back!!!!! All kidding aside thx for stepping up

KC

Jack, thanks for everything you did and do around here. The articles, the comments, all of it. For someone I've never met you've improved my riding quite substantially. Interested to hear how the 'loaf banked slalom goes for you this year.

Bryan and Corey, there's two of you. Do I get to try with you guys what my daughters are now doing to me?

"Awww Bryan... Corey totally said we could do that!"

Dave :D

Corey and Bryan, I'm calling D Sub right now to get active again and welcome you guys back!!!!! All kidding aside thx for stepping up

KC

LOL!!! :lol:

nice....

Jack, you've been awesome and a huge help to us here at Bomber. Corey and Brian, thanks for stepping up. Don't let the peanut gallery get you down!

Jack has personally helped me on several occasions with technical questions and "mod duties." Thank you for taking the time to help a stranger whose only connection is the type of board under foot. I would certainly be out of snowboarding without BOL and folks like Jack.

Bryan is a leader on BOL and has the skills to deal with its many personalities. I've seen it!

Bryan: I told you so!

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com
oops, one of the first of many future boo boos I am sure :)

Jack has personally helped me on several occasions with technical questions and "mod duties." Thank you for taking the time to help a stranger whose only connection is the type of board under foot. I would certainly be out of snowboarding without BOL and folks like Jack.

Bryan is a leader on BOL and has the skills to deal with its many personalities. I've seen it!

Bryan: I told you so!

Thanks for the kind words and support. It is an honor to serve such a great group of like minded folks.

I hope we can continue the great service Jack has provided for so many years.

Bryan

Thanks to Jack and all that he has contributed to this forum over the years. One of my personal breakthroughs in learning to carve was a result of one of Jacks' articles. It helped me progress in my riding and let me be in more control. And congrats to the new Mods. I'm not that familiar with Corey but, that Bryan, whewwww... what a character we have in him! Good luck, Bryan and Corey and I hope to ride with you guys someday. Bryan, I enjoyed your extended video package on another thread. When does it come out on DVD?

Mark

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm late to the party on this one, but a big thanks to all three of you for your past and future efforts. It means so much to maintain this creative and respectful space. Great work Jack, and good luck on the new job!

Ian :)