Mr.E

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun day!

Thanks for the call Dan! It was the extra push I needed to "Git er dun"

Short follow cam of me on Vista riding the Tinkler 202cm with plate. Thanks, Mike!!

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AdIqyQNGySY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

post-198-141842388103_thumb.jpg

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E5C4RApicNg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Friday the grooming should be firmer and smoother!! Could be quite excellent?

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

Hey Bryan,thanks for the video! It's great to see sun up there. I bet today will be killer; I can't make it up (I've gotten maybe 3 midweek days this year, pretty sorry), but will be heading up tomorrow. I'm hoping for chalk on Saturday, if anyone makes it up today, please let me know how it's looking.

<b>Timberline Spring Session</b>

Everyone - thanks for chiming in on a potential T-line spring session. I wanted to wait for all the SES chatter to taper down, and I think it's probably a good time now to post it on the main site. The dates I'll list are May 18-21 (Saturday-Tuesday the week before Memorial Day). I guess I'll also start a new thread in this sub-forum for that session. Does anyone have any suggestions on names? The best I came up with was Last Licks; does anything catchier come to mind?

Hey Dan. Yep. I didn't make it but I am guessing today was /is right up there with one of the best carving days of the season. Thursday was very soft carving, a bit scary at times, easy to stuff if you were not on it. I had a great time riding with Mike and Dan. Randy K was there too, I just didn't get a chance to ride with him.

Hey Dan. Yep. I didn't make it but I am guessing today was /is right up there with one of the best carving days of the season. Thursday was very soft carving, a bit scary at times, easy to stuff if you were not on it. I had a great time riding with Mike and Dan. Randy K was there too, I just didn't get a chance to ride with him.

Nice tongue action in the beginning Bryan !

Need to get up there again .

Nice tongue action in the beginning Bryan !

Where? What is the time mark, I missed it? :)

More.

I am afraid I wasn't paying attention to speed , Mike was on a 184cm Powder/Carver board of his design. It is a 11/13 SCR blend and I didn't give him a chance to get close with the 202cm :)

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ooDky_jGfe8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9DSPeQoZCiE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Got to get up here on Friday, since I had a shift at the clinic. The morning was FANTASTIC. Beautiful, ultra smooth grippy chalk, enough for me to do some EC impressions, rare for me. Just as good as the other day I was compelled to write. But, unlike that day, it warmed up pretty quick, and by noon or one or so was pretty spent, soft, slushy, and piled up in a lot of places. If you were careful to stay on edge it was still a lot of fun busting through the lumpy stuff but transitions could be a bit sketch. By 3 or 4 or so though it was already turning rock hard. I don't know what tomorrow will be like... I'm afraid it got pretty warm, so if you're lucky, you'll probably get some sugar snow on top of some hard stuff.

Anyway, it looked like I was the ONLY carver today. :( I didn't see a single other set of trenches all day.

Sam.

Hey Bryan,thanks for the video! It's great to see sun up there. I bet today will be killer; I can't make it up (I've gotten maybe 3 midweek days this year, pretty sorry), but will be heading up tomorrow. I'm hoping for chalk on Saturday, if anyone makes it up today, please let me know how it's looking.

<b>Timberline Spring Session</b>

Everyone - thanks for chiming in on a potential T-line spring session. I wanted to wait for all the SES chatter to taper down, and I think it's probably a good time now to post it on the main site. The dates I'll list are May 18-21 (Saturday-Tuesday the week before Memorial Day). I guess I'll also start a new thread in this sub-forum for that session. Does anyone have any suggestions on names? The best I came up with was Last Licks; does anything catchier come to mind?

Yes Bryan you did a little "see me" turn of the camera about a 1/4 in the video. Keep working on the "spring" t-line session Dan . I found this screen saver pic on my work computer to share how nice it can be . Bryan was the first to show me epic "zigzag glacier" carving out of bounds when the snow warms up just right . It could be super fun if the weather cooperates .

post-219-141842388248_thumb.jpg

Edited by P06781
speeking

Hey Bryan, nice seeing you up there today. I got a late start because had to drop my kids off at 9. Looks like you found the best snow. Cascade opened at 1pm and did a few runs before leaving. Sorry we didn't get to talk as I was riding with a coworker. Next time. Still want to see your place sometime.

2415116590_MM3KzMB#!i=2414898172&k=kS7hDtb

Hey Bryan, nice seeing you up there today. I got a late start because had to drop my kids off at 9. Looks like you found the best snow. Cascade opened at 1pm and did a few runs before leaving. Sorry we didn't get to talk as I was riding with a coworker. Next time. Still want to see your place sometime.

http://meadowsactionphotos.smugmug.com/Dailygalleries201213winterseas/mon-march-18-s-star-apollo/28497750_kKKLBK/2415116590_MM3KzMB

http://meadowsactionphotos.smugmug.com/Dailygalleries201213winterseas/mon-march-18-s-star-apollo/28497750_kKKLBK/2415116590_MM3KzMB#!i=2414898172&k=kS7hDtb

Great snow today for us hardbooters. Had some of my best runs off of north canyon. Snow was very grippy but you had really be ready for unexpected ruts or holes in the groom. I always seems to find these spots and have to ice my ass later. Anyway, fun snow that lasted till 11:30 for me with all the spring breakers. Probably my last day till April.

Dan L.

I second that Dan. The conditions were actually quite good, but I swear they had their B team grooming yesterday. Really annoying when you hit big old shelves while making transitions. I thought I saw another set of trenches but didn't get to run into you.

Btw, did you see the monoskier?!? There was some dude sporting a monoski and a jacket that I swear was preserved in a time capsule from the 80's. :p

Was out there today with the kids and got a 2 hour window in the am for some turns without the kids with a telemarker which was fun. First 20 mins hard and scrapey. Next hour softening with best results at the end of the hour. And the last 30 mins fading from great to a bit soft and heavy which was actually kind of fun. In a previous ride with Sam we talked about nose chatter and he used a bit of heel lift to approach the issue. Well I tried that and added bringing my stance more foot parallel to about a 5* splay. Tried first on the carpet then felt it made sense so it was set and it was amazing the difference in handling from the more splayed stance. Back to conditions a side note was the pm was perfect for 4-6 year olds to learn. The snow was slow and grippy. Anyway had fun out there. Hope to be riding with you guys sometime in this warm spring. Later

Kelvin

I definitely need to get a few more days in . Are the spring break crowds dispersing yet?

Conditions update anyone?

I rode Monday and it was soft from the start. Got back from spring break in Florida with my kids at midnight on Sunday. I rode everything and star was the best. I think Tuesday would have been better as it was frozen first prior to softening but went surfing instead to the beach.

OK, I posted a thread for a Timberline spring session in the main forum. Hope we get some traction. <a href="http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?39976-2013-Last-Licks-at-Timberline-Mt-Hood-May-18-21">http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?39976-2013-Last-Licks-at-Timberline-Mt-Hood-May-18-21</a>

Bryan, I was up on Easter Sunday, and although the main lot was maybe 75% full, the hill was empty. Maybe 20 empty chairs on Star for every chair with someone on it. The snow started soft and got softer, but stayed carvable (with a bit of toe drag) all day. Heather was also corny and fun.