Note to New Members ×

Meadows- its a start

Mr.E

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tinkler called yesterday saying it was really good earlier this week , Monday or Tuesday I think he said. Sickens me to miss all these great days. Powder followed by a clear day of good groomers. Damn! Looks like this following weekend will freshen things up yet again.

Bad news. Evidently a 51 year old skier died at MHM today. 5 PM news stated they didn't have any details. RIP. Typically one or two person die each year. Still very , very low incidents of death per skier visit days. Ride safe. Live long.

Bryan

I was a bit upset that they decided to close star and vista during midweek ops, but they did such a great grooming job today, it made up for it. Besides, you can still get the the vista terrain from the cascade chair. Top to bottom of mtn was pretty stellar groom. It started out on the firm side and then got really nice. Should have started an hour later and my legs would have had more energy for the softer snow. If anyone goes tomorrow, I would give it time to soften up and then hit it hard.

I was a bit upset that they decided to close star and vista during midweek ops, but they did such a great grooming job today, it made up for it. Besides, you can still get the the vista terrain from the cascade chair. Top to bottom of mtn was pretty stellar groom. It started out on the firm side and then got really nice. Should have started an hour later and my legs would have had more energy for the softer snow. If anyone goes tomorrow, I would give it time to soften up and then hit it hard.

Hey Dan L, thanks for the updates!! Yes, shame to reduce the acreage , be glad you can ride. It is driving me NUTS!!

http://www.kptv.com/story/21967012/skier-killed-after-hitting-tree-on-mount-hood?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=8771574

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

• 2 weeks later...

...And things are pretty much done. They're running the chairs this coming weekend, but the snow is pretty much cooked. I went up on Sunday, and it was lumps of heavy mashed potatoes that was too soft to hold a hard carve. Time to move over to Tline :)

...And things are pretty much done. They're running the chairs this coming weekend, but the snow is pretty much cooked. I went up on Sunday, and it was lumps of heavy mashed potatoes that was too soft to hold a hard carve. Time to move over to Tline :)

Thanks for the final update Dan. It is a double edged sword. On the one hand I am bummed that I haven't been riding , on the other, I am glad that now I don't have to feel like I am missing out any more (except for TLine).

Working on the house the best I can, need to get another inspection soon. Starting to feel like a real house :)

Anyone wanting to check out the progress feel free to give me a call and come on over. The nice weather this weekend and is making it REALLY nice to have an open schedule :)