Note to New Members ×

Meadows- its a start

Mr.E

Hey Bryan,

Hope this is coming through. I would definitely prefer to avoid MHM on the weekends but usually have the weekends off so, if I go, I will head up there super early on a saturday morning. I usually go up for a few hours on wednesday mornings and I have an occasional tuesday or friday off to go up as well. I'll let you know how the riding is down at Bachelor this weekend....Doug

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bryan,

Hope this is coming through. I would definitely prefer to avoid MHM on the weekends but usually have the weekends off so, if I go, I will head up there super early on a saturday morning. I usually go up for a few hours on wednesday mornings and I have an occasional tuesday or friday off to go up as well. I'll let you know how the riding is down at Bachelor this weekend....Doug

Awesome Doug, glad you joined Bomber Online , I think you will find it invaluable. Keep an eye out, there are approx. a dozen riders that frequent MHM. Like you, some ride the weekends the most.

I have a another hurdle to get past on the house and then I will make my first trip up. With fresh snow over the next couple days , MHM should be in great shape.

Thanks for posting here.

Bryan

Heading up on Saturday for my first turns of the season! I'll have a dark green jacket, brown Prior 4 x 4, and orange boots, hope to run into some folks up there.

Cool Dan:biggthump: Brew Fest on Saturday too!

Perhaps someone would be kind enought to take a few photos, even from the lift is great, just to see the conditions.

Reminder for those with a FR type radio , we often use 13-20.

Sounds like allot of new snow on the way!!

GOOGLE OFFER

$45 for one all-day adult lift pass ($74 value) over on Thursday , good now through Dec 25

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

Thanks for the welcome Bryan! Had a great session with Keenan today. A couple of inches of fresh made for some great riding on most of the runs. Rough in spots and poor visibility at the top of Skyliner but overall great for the beginning of December. Sunrise, Rainbow and Outback are supposed to be opening tomorrow (saturday)...Let's hope!

Anyone go up this weekend?

Looks like it rained today. Considering going in the am. Probably going to be hard and fast groomers.

Bryan

I went up on Saturday. It turned out to be a pretty decent 'tweener day - it felt like 2-3 inches overnight, even though NWAC claimed less than that. Unfortunately, I only brought my 4WD; it was deep enough/soft enough that a freeride board would have been a better choice. It was socked in, blowing pretty good and snowing a little until about 10:30, then we got some sun breaks and pretty decent visibility. It was a crowded day, and we packed it in around 12:30, which is actually pretty good for me for the first day of the season.

I'm surprised it rained yesterday, because it was on the cool side on Saturday. Too bad, because the snow was dry on Saturday - it would be perfect chalk today if it hadn't rained.

I'm surprised it rained yesterday, because it was on the cool side on Saturday. Too bad, because the snow was dry on Saturday - it would be perfect chalk today if it hadn't rained.

Yes, I was excited to hear the forecast on Sat for Monday. It changed and had a freezing level spike.

So, it did get rained on resulting in some very hard surfaces. Some of the groomers ruts were a bit scrary.

The good news! :

Sun came out

No lines

Got my pass and snow park squared away.

Nice "shake down" day so to speak.

The bad news!:

Hard/icy surface

Mod to high winds (actually put both Shooting Star and Cascade on wind standby.

Spoke to Dan L and Tinks.

I finally got to play on a new "Universal Tinkler" plate and a new Oxess gs board.

They pretty much handed me my ass , but I survived :)

post-198-141842377235_thumb.jpg

post-198-14184237722_thumb.jpg

post-198-14184237723_thumb.jpg

Nice photos Bryan. I agree the RF system works well - it seems to have more range than the one at Bachelor. At Bachelor, I have to rub my pass pocket on the gate for it to be recognized, the Meadows system can scan my pass from 4-6 inches away.

I'm heading up tomorrow, guessing it will be less crowded than Sunday. If they get the snowfall predicted for Sunday, I think that the drive up will be a total @#!@show on Sunday morning. For anyone not tied to the weekends, Monday looks like it could be a pretty good powder day.

Hi Dan, I know that Mike T and Dan L went up yesterday (Thursday). It looked like the best "groomer" day so far? I really wanted to go but I had dr apts lined up that I could not postpone. Love to hear how they did. Might have been a little soft but probably really good. I will try to go up either Monday or Tuesday. For Monday I would have to put off the contractor from "Priming" the sheetrock. I hate to do that. Tuesday is a "Drying" day and I will probably go then. Anxious to start painting :)

Side note: Scored one of my best deals yet on some Minwax Poly 2.5 gallon pails today. I bought ONE gallon of it for my picnic table last summer , it was like 36$ per gallon. I paid FIVE dollars for 2.5 gallons clearance today !! Whooo Hoo!!

Good Lord, near complete white out conditions all day, but just DUMPING snow most of the day. Mid weight snow, not the lightest and fluffiest, but still, fresh powder is fresh powder! Some spots were up to 2 feet of fresh. And free refills all day. Had a great time doing laps off Shooting Star and down Apollo for some steep and deep.

Got to take out my new Nomad 172 for the first time today. What an amazing board for the conditions today, finally understood what it's like to have a board that is constantly trying to seek the surface, on steeper grades I felt like I was constantly jumping from one turn to the other without any effort on my own. Felt like a rodeo!

I'll be here for the next two days as well!

FUN! FUN! FUN!! Dry cold snow, pretty smooth and fairly deep! Nearly choked on a couple runs, need to remember to close my mouth :)

Saw Sam and wife, got to ride with Mike H., Randy King and Dan L for a few runs. Drive up was fairly intense with snow and slush on the Hwy 26 just east of Sandy. Got there VERY early, two first chairs and some sweet untracked. Tanker served me well. Good times. Bryan

The Donek Nomad looked nice Sam!!

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wNU9RD4dAi0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

post-198-141842377922_thumb.jpg

Nice light snow day. Rode with Randy K a couple runs, saw Dan L and wife. Seemed busy for a Friday. Most I spoke to said it was "Light" compared to the last couple days. Several inches on top of the FIVE FEET we got in the last five days. Brought out the "Headhunter" , it was ideal for the "Tweener" day. Got some pow, then carved the groomer. Light was flat and quite a bit of fog. Randy K guessed it , as soon as I baled they opened Vista it looks like. Good day all and all. Bryan

Good day at Meadows today (Saturday)...the runs were in good shape and, surprisingly, it wasn't super crowded. Spent most of the morning carving the runs off Mount Hood Express and Shooting Star...kept my eyes peeled for other hardbooters but did not see a single other carver. I'll look for you guys this coming Wednesday morning!

FUN! FUN! FUN!! Dry cold snow, pretty smooth and fairly deep! Nearly choked on a couple runs, need to remember to close my mouth :)

Saw Sam and wife, got to ride with Mike H., Randy King and Dan L for a few runs. Drive up was fairly intense with snow and slush on the Hwy 26 just east of Sandy. Got there VERY early, two first chairs and some sweet untracked. Tanker served me well. Good times. Bryan

The Donek Nomad looked nice Sam!!

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wNU9RD4dAi0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[ATTACH]32233[/ATTACH]

I rode monday and wednesday last week. Both great days and really not bad crowds at all. Monday was pow run after run and got quite a few untracked ones thru the woods. Star reminded me of a past day riding with you Bryan where I got some video of you floating by . Yes Tankers where the call.

I rode wednesday with my kids and had a great time again . It was super nice off easy rider and meet one "newer" HB rider testing out some alpine gear in the Pow.

Might ride monday and tuesday . Could prove good carving considering the snow has stopped....

Jim

Hey Jim,

It was nice to run into you and your kids off Easy Rider (I think it was wednesday 12/19). I got up to Meadows on the 22nd and 26th as well. Was thinking of going up today (would have been great conditions I am sure) but instead took my daughter to play in the snow/sled at White River. I remember your saying mondays and tuesdays were good riding days for you. I work every monday but have tuesday 1/1 and 1/22 off. Off chance of my heading up for a few hours during the afternoon on new year's day despite the masses. If you are interested, it would be great to meet you up at Meadows on 1/22. Let me know and I hope that you are getting some good riding sessions in...

Doug

Hey Jim, Doug.

Look forward to getting some turns in with you guys.

Jim, remember the day I got wet? I had the metal removed yesterday. Pretty sore right now. Probably should give it a little time?

Going to mold a custom wrist protector as soon as I can find an oven:)

Hey Jim,

It was nice to run into you and your kids off Easy Rider (I think it was wednesday 12/19). I got up to Meadows on the 22nd and 26th as well. Was thinking of going up today (would have been great conditions I am sure) but instead took my daughter to play in the snow/sled at White River. I remember your saying mondays and tuesdays were good riding days for you. I work every monday but have tuesday 1/1 and 1/22 off. Off chance of my heading up for a few hours during the afternoon on new year's day despite the masses. If you are interested, it would be great to meet you up at Meadows on 1/22. Let me know and I hope that you are getting some good riding sessions in...

Doug

Yes Doug i am off a week. Xmas screws me up. I will try for teusday morning too depending on my kids. However my badgers play in the rose bowl so might cut out early. Lets try for a carving meetup on the other dates with post session parking lot beers. Pm me ur phone #

Again wish bol would allow tapatalk for mobile phones.....

Jim

Hey Jim, Doug.

Look forward to getting some turns in with you guys.

Jim, remember the day I got wet? I had the metal removed yesterday. Pretty sore right now. Probably should give it a little time?

Going to mold a custom wrist protector as soon as I can find an oven:)

I will never forget that day ! Some of the OT people i work with could mold you a really nice one :-)