Note to New Members ×

Meadows- its a start

Mr.E

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mt. Hood locals, what would you think about hosting a session in May? I'm thinking something like May 16-20, the weekend before Memorial Day. At that time of year, a lot of other mountains will be closed down, and we could have everyone come up to Timberline for the last turns of the season.

What do you think about that idea? Could you make it to the mountain at that time? Any interest?

Hey Mt. Hood locals, what would you think about hosting a session in May? I'm thinking something like May 16-20, the weekend before Memorial Day. At that time of year, a lot of other mountains will be closed down, and we could have everyone come up to Timberline for the last turns of the season.

What do you think about that idea? Could you make it to the mountain at that time? Any interest?

Sounds like fun Dan. We shall see!

48" in 48 hours!! I like the sound of that!! The snow came in with high winds so much of it was driven and heavy. Lots of wind lips and pillows with poor vis, however, good fun was had in the occasional smooth untracked. Shooting Star was closed due to wind , PR was closed due to fear of trees coming down with the high winds. Great chance to ride with a couple of my oldest riding bros. Don Mono is getting ready to return to CO , so I am glad to get a chance to make turns with him and Jim M was looking smooth on his Tanker 200cm. Tim F was there on his Tanker 200cm also. First chair for Don and I , good to be making turns !!

post-198-141842382854_thumb.jpg

Don and I

Jim and Don

me flopping around in the fresh

post-198-14184238284_thumb.jpg

post-198-14184238285_thumb.jpg

I think that would be great does anyone know when the spring pass goes on sale?

It looks like they've gone on sale in March in past years, so we could expect they would be available during this event.

Here's a question: I haven't spent much time at Timberline at all. Can we expect enough ridable terrain in mid-May to keep us entertained for 3 or 4 days?

It looks like they've gone on sale in March in past years, so we could expect they would be available during this event.

Here's a question: I haven't spent much time at Timberline at all. Can we expect enough ridable terrain in mid-May to keep us entertained for 3 or 4 days?

The last few years I have gotten one the whole mountain was still open from palmer to stormin norman

Hey Dan, yep, should be really good this season too. As soon as MHM closes , Timberline is actually a pretty fun carving venue. As for days, not so sure, it is relatively flat comparatively, except Palmer.

Still, every spring, I harp about how crazy good our carving/riding can be at Timberline when everything else in the country is shut down.

It can of course be hit or miss on conditions.

Bryan

Thinking about a "Partial Open House" at the "House of Oldsnowboards" one of these weekends.

A time to hang out with like minded alpine folks. A chance for some of the newer guys to meet some of the older riders too.

Me? I prefer a Sat or Sun evening, however, I am pretty flexible.

Jim, Mike, Sandy, Ross, Fred, Gavin, Scott, Dan, Dan L, Otavia, Keven, Tim, are a few that I can think of off hand I would love to see come. Notice: Anyone I have met on Bomber that is in the area are certainly welcome too.

Thinking about a "Partial Open House" at the "House of Oldsnowboards" one of these weekends.

A time to hang out with like minded alpine folks. A chance for some of the newer guys to meet some of the older riders too.

Jim, Mike, Sandy, Ross, Fred, Gavin, Scott, Dan, Dan L, Otavia, Keven, Tim, are a few that I can think of off hand I would love to see come. Notice: Anyone I have met on Bomber that is in the area are certainly welcome too.

It was nice seeing you yesterday and would love to come over and visit .

Im in but the dates are hard for me , so far working all of them. I have monday and teusdays off? 18-22?

Hey Jim. Let me know when you want to come over, we can have a get together later perhaps. You are welcome any time. Bryan

Dan, I don't normally do weekends, but let's see how it shakes out with others.

It's not like weekends are actually crowded in May...

Hey Mike and Jim, what would you think about May 18-21 (Saturday - Tuesday)?

Now that I think about it, four days might make more sense than 5 days -- I'm not sure if people will be interested in riding for 5 days at that point in the season, when summer sports are ramping up.

Edited by Dan

I'm in! Let me know if I can bring anything.

I'm in let me know when

Hey Mike and Jim, what would you think about May 18-21 (Saturday - Tuesday)?

Now that I think about it, four days might make more sense than 5 days -- I'm not sure if people will be interested in riding for 5 days at that point in the season, when summer sports are ramping up.

I will most likely be in for one or two of those days. Timberline in May kicks @$$! Especially if Palmer is well-groomed.

Hey Bryan, that sounds great! I think that Octavio would like to drop by as well. Work is making my life hell, so I can't really say a date that's best -- set it up for a time that works for the largest number of others and I'll try to make it.

I could probably make it for a day or three. Nothing more important on the calendar yet. Ridable days might be short if it gets too warm - but too early in the season to mountain bike near Hood. Hmmm - what to do for the afternoons? I'm sure we can think of something.