Note to New Members ×

Your Fav Alpine Board Shop?

barryj

Well, if there is still even such a thing - Where are there any retail shops that carry any Alpine gear - boots, boards, bindings - Bomber excluded of course. I know most of the shops left have to multitask with other non alpine product, but Let's give em some coverage - add your favs to the list!

I know ABS in Boulder is reputable and usually has the latest stock.

Where Else?

If you look up at the ceiling of Elk River Snowboards at Snowshoe WV, you will see a stash of NOS unused alpine boards from the 90's. I bought my PJ 6.3 from them at that time. They may be for sale, who knows. That's the closest thing that I have for a store that has alpine boards that may be for sale.

One the one hand... nobody in the state of OR carries any alpine gear that I am aware of. On the other hand... who needs retail. All my new boards come direct from the manufacturer, and between Bomber, Hardbooter and YYZCanuck I am well taken care of for everything else I could ever want. Now, if only SOMEONE in Bend carried high-end softies in my size... I'd really like to try on next years's DriverX's vs Malamutes, but they all laugh at me when I tell them I want either boot in a 7.5!!!!

Of course prior in whistler has a great demo retail shop plus you can tour the factory or order a custom board like I did. It is also where I got my catek bindings and they had them in stock. I know they are really a manufacturer but with there retail section they deserve to be mentioned. I love the board chris made for me.

I really like yyzcanuck, also there is a shop in mammoth called wave rave that sales prior their focus is more on soft booting but it is still a very cool shop. But there are no shops anywhere close to where I live 99% of the people here don't even know what alpine snowboarding is.

All Board Sports in Boulder, Co. and Bomber Industries in Silverthorne, Co. are my favorites, but they're both 1200+ miles away :( .

It's a must to stop in at each when making the trip to Colorodo :eek:(where's the drool guy ?) :biggthump ..............

Edited by jp1

Ski Cellar on Macleod in Calgary. Every time I take boards there to be tuned, I cop abuse ike "I thought people stopped riding that stuff last century" ,"so what do you want us to do with this? Throw it on the dumpster?" and "how do you even ride this thing?" I go there for the sheer entertainment value.

For real stuff, I've always had stellar service from the lovely folks at YYZCanuck.

Locally, the real answer would be Blue B's (Boris) or Carving Scooby's (Roy) garages.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And probably the only places where you can often get the gear below the cost of acquisition...

In honnesty, Priors retail shop is quite nice - new alpine stock, demo/proto stock, Catak, Bomber, F2 bindings...

There used to be few other shops that carried some alpine, but all discontinued. Older gear sometimes surfaces at sport consignment shops, too.