Note to New Members ×

Monoski?

Derek53

Has anyone tried to convert an alpine board into a monoski? Just wonderig if it is possible to do with my Burton Asym. Always wanted to try so might as well ask here.

I have converted over a dozen Alpine boards to Mono. Only one or two worked well. The flex pattern as well as the core profile is different so it doesn't/won't flex properly. An Asym won't work period.

I'm currently working with Sean @ Donek to design/develop a "plate" that will allow virtually any Alpine board to be ridden Mono. Test results will be in 6 weeks or so.

For those who wonder what Mono is doing here... I can carve turn for turn

on my Mono as Alpine riders do. Ask the LCI. It's all about the trench no matter what makes it...

Don

Feed the addiction...:eplus2:

I have converted over a dozen Alpine boards to Mono. Only one or two worked well. The flex pattern as well as the core profile is different so it doesn't/won't flex properly. An Asym won't work period.

I'm currently working with Sean @ Donek to design/develop a "plate" that will allow virtually any Alpine board to be ridden Mono. Test results will be in 6 weeks or so.

For those who wonder what Mono is doing here... I can carve turn for turn

on my Mono as Alpine riders do. Ask the LCI. It's all about the trench no matter what makes it...

Don

Feed the addiction...:eplus2:

Freak.

Ink

I'm currently working with Sean @ Donek to design/develop a "plate" that will allow virtually any Alpine board to be ridden Mono.

Too late, credit already taken, year ago ;) You guys can send the licence fees my way :D

My BBP (BlueB Plate) works also as a conversion to monoski. I am pretty sure that any snowoard would work, as the pressure is at the right spots to match the designed flex pattern. Over and above, it alows the board to flex without any "hard spots" and absorbs bad terrain.

Pics from last year:

attachment.php?attachmentid=26868&stc=1&d=1303172589

attachment.php?attachmentid=26894&stc=1&d=1303289670

attachment.php?attachmentid=26893&stc=1&d=1303289585

It is also possible to have 2 pairs of bindings on, for instant changes from snowboard to monoski and back :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=26870&stc=1&d=1303172744

attachment.php?attachmentid=26892&stc=1&d=1303289508

It is also possible to have 2 pairs of bindings on, for instant changes from snowboard to monoski and back :D

Awesome! I would love to hear the comments you get with that setup -- people's heads must just about explode when they see you switching from mono stance to board stance. What do you tell them when they ask "is that a monoski?"?

Too late, credit already taken, year ago ;) You guys can send the licence fees my way :D

My BBP (BlueB Plate) works also as a conversion to monoski. I am pretty sure that any snowoard would work, as the pressure is at the right spots to match the designed flex pattern. Over and above, it alows the board to flex without any "hard spots" and absorbs bad terrain.

Pics from last year:

attachment.php?attachmentid=26868&stc=1&d=1303172589

attachment.php?attachmentid=26894&stc=1&d=1303289670

attachment.php?attachmentid=26893&stc=1&d=1303289585

Dude....that is sic! love the set-up!

Mono ski? Puuuuuuuuuuuuulease! Kill me now. I'm going to post pictures of snowbladers on here. Is nothing sacred? Just kidding. Monoskis are great. Not. Can we not put monoskis on BOL?

He, he...

Sure, bring on some snowbladers, as long as they are clearly railing the turns in the pics. After that, post a pic of yourself railing turns on a monoski, then you'll have ful right to dismiss it as uncool. ;)

He, he...

Sure, bring on some snowbladers, as long as they are clearly railing the turns in the pics. After that, post a pic of yourself railing turns on a monoski, then you'll have ful right to dismiss it as uncool. ;)

Dude, I can't believe you're Lord of the Ruts! My posts are so much better than yours!!!

C.N.A.R. points, count 'em! :ices_ange

post-6122-14184235869_thumb.jpg

Awesome! I would love to hear the comments you get with that setup -- people's heads must just about explode when they see you switching from mono stance to board stance. What do you tell them when they ask "is that a monoski?"?

For a guy totally new to the idea of a carving board and having seen only one mono at Snowshoe WV a few years ago this is great. I'm still recovering from an injury that won't let me use conventional skis, so it's nice to know there are options, Hoping to get on a board next season. Cool innovation BlueB!!!!!:biggthump