Note to New Members ×

What do you hope to accomplish riding in 2011

Bobby Buggs

Good luck with that one Seraph, he's coming into the season stronger than the past few so I can only imagine how large the trenches will be this season. Maybe loveland can open a bobsled course after one of Bigs' runs.

Ink

The problem is that he uses the whole damn run......back and forth, back and forth...so freakin selfish. He should be limited to one side. Not on zee left side, not on zee right side, but down zee middle! :rolleyes:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that he uses the whole damn run......back and forth, back and forth...so freakin selfish. He should be limited to one side. Not on zee left side, not on zee right side, but down zee middle! :rolleyes:

:eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2:

Dominate all of my boards.

mario

Get on the snow ONE FREAKIN DAY!

Then I'll think about what to do when I'm there. Then try for two days...

I'd like to try a VSR metal board. My 2002 coiler 180 is turning tighter and tighter, and I think it's not me hammering it harder but the board finally getting too soft. "You been a good old wagon, daddy, but you done broke down..."

Last year was the first season since 1960 I didn't get on snow once.

Good luck with that one Seraph, he's coming into the season stronger than the past few so I can only imagine how large the trenches will be this season.

Oh Geez! Remind me at Christmas time to always go first in front of Bigs!

And for my working on something.....

1)keep my hands off the snow

2)Carve on my new skis as well as a carving board!

1. Achieve an uphill start of a heelside carve on steeper stuff. I can do the toe side pretty reliably but the heelside kicks my butt.

2. Work at rotating towards the nose more on heelsides (not counter-rotating).

3. Play a bit more with the Extreme Carving style.

4. Play with not touching the snow while also being low.

5. Have as much fun as possible.

1. no injuries

2. get heel side an toe side DOWN( i mean EC, face to the snow type stuff)

3.get my elbows to the snow on the steeps

4.and most of you will hate me, but go more than i did last year..which should be easy since i dont work Nov-March. and to make you hate me more, i was at the mountain a solid 50 days last year.

5. get better at skiing,snowboarding,and alpine boarding..gotta be a triple threat.i love the fact that i can ride on any equipment, in any conditions.just please, dont make me add up my equipment cost.ill probably cry.

6. have fun, and meet others who share my joy of the white stuff. cause i love winter time...thats all i work for and look forward to!

... because everyone knows that the new years starts whenever the snow falls :D

This year, I aim to:

• share my carving passion and knowledge with others by teaching more hard-boot lessons.
  • carve the s$@% out of my new skis. (first season back on planks since ~1995)
  • land a big, fat 360 on said new skis, then on one of my carving boards.
  • pick up more women from Spain at the bar.

EVERY YEAR, I:

• ride things that scare me. I like feeling my heart in my throat.
  • own a slope that just handed me my ass. All about head-space.
  • enjoy the simple pleasures of sliding and playing outside. Check the ego at the lodge for a while.

Best wishes to everyone for an amazing season!

Nothing. I'm taking this season off so next year I will have the desire. Too many things on the go right now and it's supposed to be extra cold this winter. I am sure you will all miss me, but with time and practice your aim will improve.

Well, boo. We shall miss The Baconator at NES.

IMHO Not really about Winning or Losing or The Most Perfect Turns...

Many years ago I noticed that sliding across a surface required a certain intense Focus and an incredible feeling of Joy

would result from it... be it Surfing, Skating, Skiing and or Snowboarding it it a Dance that has captivated my Life and

become over the years a Serious Addiction :D

IMHO Not really about Winning or Losing or The Most Perfect Turns...

Many years ago I noticed that sliding across a surface required a certain intense Focus and an incredible feeling of Joy

would result from it... be it Surfing, Skating, Skiing and or Snowboarding it it a Dance that has captivated my Life and

become over the years a Serious Addiction :D

Just a play on the old "vertical feet" stickers...

The addiction started in second grade, running & sliding off the icy blacktop & down the sloped frozen grass at recess. I learned I was goofy long before I ever heard the term:freak3:

the goal I have every year.

To be a more well rounded rider.

Be able to ride any condition/any trail.

Couldn't have said it better. Mine specifically are:

• Consistently RIP perfectly linked carves down Regulator Johnson at Snowbird.
  • Get better at switch on my softies, then maybe do some switch stuff on my Madd (might be kind of hard with a square tail though)
  • Learn to 180, 360, and generally get more confident with airs (softies first, then on hardboots)
  • Drop (bigger) cliffs more confidently.
  • Maybe learn to backflip? Not super high on the priority list.

And some fun/dumb ones:

• Getting over 100 days and/or beating my record of 112.
  • Ride all 12 months. I got 10 months last season, SO CLOSE!
  • Do a BN run, hopefully without getting arrested/ticketed/getting my pass pulled.